Sign in to follow this  
TylerRoseFan

What does that Mean for TX?

Hypothetically speaking: MI beats OSU....TX wins out. MI wins out. TX-MI in championship?

Hypothetically speaking: MI beats OSU....TX wins out. MI wins out. TX-MI in championship?

I don't see michigan beating OSU. Just won't happen. But the game does have to be played, right now Florida is ahead in the BCS and Auburn is just behind Texas. If Florida or Auburn run the table, which would be very tough to do, they would have to be in the title game. If Florida or Auburn each lose a game, very possible, and cal runs the table, very doubtful, cal will probaly be there, the computers love cal for some reason. usc has an outside shot too.

Now if michigan does beat osu, i think that would leave OSU at #2. So a rematch is very possible.

For Texas, they just need to win convincingly and play it a game at a time. Our schedule lends itself to not getting any more losses but wins over k-state, a&m, and Nebraska won't push our bcs ratings much higher. We still don't control our own destiny. But we did get our shot at the #1 team so it would be hard to complain about not getting another one, I don't think Colt McCoy is a freshman anymore in his head and we would win a rematch with OSU.

I don't see michigan beating OSU. Just won't happen. But the game does have to be played, right now Florida is ahead in the BCS and Auburn is just behind Texas. If Florida or Auburn run the table, which would be very tough to do, they would have to be in the title game. If Florida or Auburn each lose a game, very possible, and cal runs the table, very doubtful, cal will probaly be there, the computers love cal for some reason. usc has an outside shot too.

Now if michigan does beat osu, i think that would leave OSU at #2. So a rematch is very possible.

For Texas, they just need to win convincingly and play it a game at a time. Our schedule lends itself to not getting any more losses but wins over k-state, a&m, and Nebraska won't push our bcs ratings much higher. We still don't control our own destiny. But we did get our shot at the #1 team so it would be hard to complain about not getting another one, I don't think Colt McCoy is a freshman anymore in his head and we would win a rematch with OSU.

The analysts that I have listened to think there is a better chance for a Michigan OSU rematch if OSU barely beats Michigan. They say a loss will hurt OSUs BCS score more than it will hurt Michigan since Michigan is supposed to lose. They are also saying it has to be a really close game for Michigan and OSU to rematch at the Fiesta Bowl.

The analysts that I have listened to think there is a better chance for a Michigan OSU rematch if OSU barely beats Michigan. They say a loss will hurt OSUs BCS score more than it will hurt Michigan since Michigan is supposed to lose. They are also saying it has to be a really close game for Michigan and OSU to rematch at the Fiesta Bowl.

I have heard the same, but not sure they have thought it through, I really see michigan getting knocked down a few spots in the polls even in a close loss. I don't see osu going lower than #3 with a loss unless they just get whipped on, which they won't. Hell, maybe I am wrong. No analysts hardly mention Texas except most have them #1 or #2 in the one loss team category. Should be fun end of the season. You know one argument can be made for the BCS system the way it is, if makes every game crucial and big as we are seeomg now.

I have heard the same, but not sure they have thought it through, I really see michigan getting knocked down a few spots in the polls even in a close loss. I don't see osu going lower than #3 with a loss unless they just get whipped on, which they won't. Hell, maybe I am wrong. No analysts hardly mention Texas except most have them #1 or #2 in the one loss team category. Should be fun end of the season. You know one argument can be made for the BCS system the way it is, if makes every game crucial and big as we are seeomg now.

OSU Texas would be a good rubber match game. From what I have seen the Texas QB has matured quite a bit since OSU played them. I hope OSU gets in and plays any of the big conference teams Florida, Auburn, Texas, USC or Cal.

I don't think Colt McCoy is a freshman anymore in his head and we would win a rematch with OSU.

Agreed, Colt McCoy is a different QB now than he was in the 2nd game of the season. TX has won pretty much every game convincingly other than Ohigh St. They are playing as well as anyone.

I think OSU beats Michigan.

Then Texas deserves the rematch.

Why? they have the best loss. (If Michigan wins and Notre Dame wins out, I guess they have best loss)

They lost to the #1 team in the country.

And it almost serves as a rubber match after last year UT beating OSU, and this years game. Plus, like everyone has said, Colt McCoy was playing in his 2nd college game ever when he played OSU the first time. He is a different QB now.

USC scares me if they run the table against 3 ranked teams. But their loss was against such a bad team that I don't think they should be considered.

If Notre Dame runs the table, they are in. Their schedule mostly sucked...but no way they let anyone play in that game over a Notre Dame.

I think OSU beats Michigan.

Then Texas deserves the rematch.

Why? they have the best loss. (If Michigan wins and Notre Dame wins out, I guess they have best loss)

They lost to the #1 team in the country.

And it almost serves as a rubber match after last year UT beating OSU, and this years game. Plus, like everyone has said, Colt McCoy was playing in his 2nd college game ever when he played OSU the first time. He is a different QB now.

USC scares me if they run the table against 3 ranked teams. But their loss was against such a bad team that I don't think they should be considered.

If Notre Dame runs the table, they are in. Their schedule mostly sucked...but no way they let anyone play in that game over a Notre Dame.

If OSU barely beats Michigan it will suck if Notre Dame gets in over Michigan. Michigan beat up on Notre Dame

If OSU barely beats Michigan it will suck if Notre Dame gets in over Michigan. Michigan beat up on Notre Dame

I agree, but if Notre Dame beats USC...you know how hard the media and networks will push for Notre Dame. It'll be sick.

then the computers will magically elevate ND past anyone they need to be elevated past. I wouldn't be suprised to see ND jump a few spots this week over teams they have no business passing..just to make the process look more gradual and natural.

I really really hate Notre Dame

Notre Dame won't go unbeaten between now and bowl season. :thumbsup:

They play Air Force, Army, and USC.

I think USC beats them, but if they pull off that win I think they will jump up as far as they need to in the cpu rankings.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they have to be a top-2 team? Not a chance in hell they're a top-2 team.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they have to be a top-2 team? Not a chance in hell they're a top-2 team.

Only a top 2 BCS team, which is mostly based on shady computer formulas.

You just wait. Notre Dame goes 11-1 with wins over Penn State and USC..and their only loss is to Michigan.

The hype machine will get rolling and the mystery BCS CPU Wizards will slowly push Notre Dame to the #2 spot.

I hope I am wrong

Michigan 58 Rutgers 0 :doublethumbsup: :thumbsdown:

Texas has to win for anything to matter and they are currently getting their asses handed to them. :pointstosky:

Would have been a lot more fun if Texas would have played offense AND defense. :banana:

Guess we can kiss any type of decent bowl game good bye. :banana:

That being said, this kid from K-State playing QB is unreal. Haven seen them play this season before this game but that kid was friggin impressive as hell.