Sign in to follow this  
ekkloke

Projected Points

Curious to find out if the Projected Points that are put up on the various sites impact who you go with from week to week. Do you use it as a guide.. always.. never?

Where do they come up with the numbers anyway? This week for instance i'm starting Bulger (projected 12 points) vs. my opponent who's starting McNabb (projected 20 points). This bounces up & down all week to.. yesterday I was a 12 point dog.. today it's only 8. :banana:

Likewise, it's saying that my San Diego DEF is projected at 10 vs. Arizona at 13.. I'm obviously starting San Diego.. but wondering why Arizona is projected to do better. :thumbsup:

Just wondering!

There are no stat projections that would convince me to bench a stud...now If i was debating between Dallas Clark and Jason Witten....I might let it persuade me one way or the other...

I don't typically look at stat projections but I use weekly rankings as a gauge to make sure I haven't missed anything for the week. My routine is to set my lineup early in the week based on matchups, health, etc. I'll usually check the rankings on Thursday or Friday and, if they aren't in line with what I have set, I'll look into it. :dunno:

It's fantasy football. My "projections" for my team are just as good as anyone's. That said, I will cruise the sites just to see the reasoning behind some "expert" stat projections. Moreso for information than anything else... as someone said, in the event that there is something I've failed to consider.

If I'm going to start the wrong player I prefer it to be my decision rather than second guessing myself and starting the wrong player because I went with someone elses projections.

I must admit sometimes it will, but I still like to use my own reasoning. For example, this week Rivers is projected to score more than Brady, but Brady coming off a bad game, and the Patriots being something like 13-0 after a defeat still makes me start him...

But one thing I will say, I like putting the highest projected players I have in the line up during the week, but that is merely to manipulate the weekly match up line, and maybe try to make the other guy make some dumb moves..

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=252458

I must admit sometimes it will, but I still like to use my own reasoning. For example, this week Rivers is projected to score more than Brady, but Brady coming off a bad game, and the Patriots being something like 13-0 after a defeat still makes me start him...

But one thing I will say, I like putting the highest projected players I have in the line up during the week, but that is merely to manipulate the weekly match up line, and maybe try to make the other guy make some dumb moves..

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=252458

That's something I hadn't thought of (Newb).. good advice. I'll admit.. i'm probably getting taken on that b/c right now i'm a 14 point dog and it's bugging me.. I think i'll do that next week, put in the highest points all week and then change out to my actual lineup a couple of hours before the game. Maybe that will get someone to start someone else that they normally wouldnt. Thx. :banana:

I wouldn't worry about the projections too much. My team has been the underdog three weeks in a row and we've won all three weeks. The CBS sportsline Guru gets it wrong all the time. As an example, the Guru has the A-train worth 3 points this week. It is as if McGehee's injury has not been factored in at all.

I wouldn't worry about the projections too much. My team has been the underdog three weeks in a row and we've won all three weeks. The CBS sportsline Guru gets it wrong all the time. As an example, the Guru has the A-train worth 3 points this week. It is as if McGehee's injury has not been factored in at all.

CBS is the suck. :doublethumbsup:

:doublethumbsup: Does that mean SA won't score 3 pts. this week?

this week, i'll do whatever you say... pick two

A.CRUMPLER

J.JUREVICIUS

T.GLENN

C.HENRY

D.MASON

thanks, you're a real doll

this week, i'll do whatever you say...

Send me a check for $1,000 and post a picture of yourself wearing I Heart T.O Whitie-Tighties. I LOVE this game! :dunno:

Most projected point totals are not guesses by a human but by some simplistic software program. Many average in point totals regardless of circumstances; if Tomlinson hobbles off, which God forbid, after scoring one fantasy point, his projected points for the next week will go down. I don't pay any attention to projections, especially on Sportsline.

I prefer to look at projections that have write-ups along with them. Same with rankings. I have never based my starters on what anyone else says though. The numerous websites are great to read to hopefully get some insights and info that you may not have thought about but they should never pick who you're going to start.

post a picture of yourself wearing I Heart T.O Whitie-Tighties

so, i ask you to pick two and you choose my balls? reminds me of the time i met my wife...

If I'm going to start the wrong player I prefer it to be my decision rather than second guessing myself and starting the wrong player because I went with someone elses projections.

Yep. I've been very disciplined this year in that regard. Sticking to my first instinct. Then came the Colts/Pats game. I had put Maurice Morris in my lineup against Oakland. And then I let all the talk about Maroney AND Dillon... mostly Maroney... lighting up the Colts. It went on and on all week long. Then, at the very last minute... I replaced Morris with Maroney and it cost me approximately 10 points.