Sign in to follow this  
jkg31885

Michael Turner

He's in the final year of his measly contract with SD making around 400K/yr

Last i heard they're looking to trade for a 1st & 3rd round pick.......

I'd really like for him to get traded and become the feature back somewhere so i can keep him!

Tell me about it. I have him in a dynasty league and I would like to have a reason to keep him.

2008 is why you keep him, why wouldn't you keep him in a dynasty league?

Just wondering his contract situation and team possibilities.

He's an unrestricted free agent, and fairly-doubtful that Chargers will match the medium-high offers he's bound to receive. So he could be starting elsewhere (or in a dreaded RBBC as the quick guy who gets pulled at the goal line). Who knows where he could end up. Browns? Raiders (they've seen him a lot, know how amazing he can be)? Giants (Tiki retiring)? Jets? Probably at least a dozen possibilities.

I swooped him up off the waiver wire in my dynasty league, then just traded him/Addai for Tiki/Maroney (that owner was completely out of the hunt and in need of keeper help).

are we getting dynasty and keeper mixed up? no way he was on waivers in a dynasty league. dynasty is entire roster, keeper is 1-8

I have him in my dynasty league and I am going to lose Tiki after this season.

I have been thinking that the Jets and Giants both would have interest. The Packers are also a team that may be interested.

But if I had to say he was going to end up in Houston if Lundy doesn't show up the rest of this year!

Just my 2 cents

he's going to be the running back for the New York Football Giants..I think it's definately a good possibility the Giants make a good attempt to snag him

Incorrect

He is a RESTRICTED free agent.

Correct. He is RFA. If the Chargers put the huge tender offer on him at some point they will have to deal him or take the picks. I can't see them resigning him for the money he will get on the market.

He is a restricted free agent. ESPN believes that San Diego will place a first round tender on him (not sure if I'm getting the terminology correct) meaning that if a team signs him they will have to give up a first AND third round pick to the Chargers. It would be tough to imagine any team giving up that much when they can wait another year and get him for no picks.

I hope he doesn't end up with the Giants. Jacobs is going to be a TD vulture there for a long time.

He is a restricted free agent. ESPN believes that San Diego will place a first round tender on him (not sure if I'm getting the terminology correct) meaning that if a team signs him they will have to give up a first AND third round pick to the Chargers. It would be tough to imagine any team giving up that much when they can wait another year and get him for no picks.

Matt Schaub is in the same position. Someone will probably do it in both cases (hopefully the Vikings with Schaub :D ). If not you are going to be battling several other teams if they end up UFA. Also moreso I don't believe either Atlanta nor San Diego are going to let those guys go for nothing. A team can trade a player at that point for whatever they want if they rescind of tender offer. And being they have guys at those positions who aren't going anywhere, it is unlikely they will shell out the big money to keep them.

But if I had to say he was going to end up in Houston if Lundy doesn't show up the rest of this year!

Sorry but the Texans passed on Reggie Bush cause they already have a great Running Back. Domanick Davis should be healthy and ready to roll next season. Look to picked him up in the third round of drafts as a lot of guys will pass on him or hjust plain forget about him...

Those are my 2 cents for what they are worth.

the jibba/jabba on local S.D. radio is that the Chargers will offer Turner the highest RFA Tender... which is just over $2mil. Then, they will get a 1st and 3rd pick from whoever takes him, or trade him before the 2007 season and possibly eat some of that salary. Basically... they'd spend a little money to make sure they get what they want for him, rather than just let the market decide what picks they get. The word "insurance" is also being thrown around a lot... and some are getting the vibe that the Chargers are happy to have him as a $2,000,000 insurance policy for LT if nobody outbids the $2mil.

There's also talk of the same thing, but offering him the next lower tender ($1.6mil I think) which will get them just a 1st round pick.

I don't realistically see a team giving up a 1st and 3rd for Turner AND taking on the 2mil in Salary.

So... my advice would be... don't just assume that he will NOT be a Charger next year... and factor that in to your projected values for trades or keeper status.

I think the whole thing is dependent on the continuing health of LT, the chance that he will go to an AFC West team and the FA market for RB's.

Sorry but the Texans passed on Reggie Bush cause they already have a great Running Back. Domanick Davis should be healthy and ready to roll next season. Look to picked him up in the third round of drafts as a lot of guys will pass on him or hjust plain forget about him...

Those are my 2 cents for what they are worth.

Sorry Davis fan. Domanick Davis will probably not play again because of his serious knee condition. If he doesn, it'll likely be for another team.

Houston is a possibily, as is NY Giants. I don't want to see Turner in NY with Jacobs vulturing goal-line duties.

I can't imagine SD shelling out the money for Turner. They let Brees go, essnetially, because of it.

I'm going out on a limb, but I'd think there'd be an outside possibility of Philly for Turner. Philly has players and picks to trade, and as good as Westbrook is, his health is always a concern. Imagine Turner in Philly! :banana:

I can't imagine SD shelling out the money for Turner. They let Brees go, essnetially, because of it.

This might be accurate... but it's apples and ornges.

They let Brees go because he was a QB with a torn up shoulder that wanted Pro-Bowler money. They also thought (in hindsight, correctly) that he was easily replaceable because of what they saw in Rivers.

Not saying the Chargers like to spend money, just wouldn't be using the Brees situation as a yardstick in this case.

Could Turner be facing what Lamont Jordan became behind Curtis Martin? Can anyone see them just franchising him every year as a precaution to Tomlinson getting hurt or losing his wheels before Turner just turns into san every day cancer? Just a thought

Sorry Davis fan. Domanick Davis will probably not play again because of his serious knee condition. If he doesn, it'll likely be for another team.

Because of his cap number it could be for another team. But this is from an ESPN article on the injured reserve.

-Houston put running back Domanick Davis on IR just before the season started, unsure if he could play this season and feeling his roster spot was needed for someone else; Davis' health has improved, but he's forbidden to come back.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...terbrook/061107

His health has always been the concern, but taking a year off could make him a nice cheap pickup for a team next season.

Can anyone see them just franchising him every year as a precaution to Tomlinson getting hurt or losing his wheels before Turner just turns into san every day cancer? Just a thought

I don't think they could use a franchise tag on him. Wouldn't that mean the Chargers would have to pay him the average of the top 5 highest paid running backs in the league? When the Colts franchised James his last season there I think they paid him 8 or 9 million dollars that season.

Just wondering his contract situation and team possibilities.

His options are:

1.Play football (for ridiculous amounts of money).

2.Eat burritos (get fat)

3.Surf (we know the BRUTHAS suck at that)

4.Becaome a crack addict like LT1

5.Finish school and get his degree ( lol lol lol)

Welly, welly, welly .... what do you think, Einstein?

Guest JahRasta311

His options are:

1.Play football (for ridiculous amounts of money).

2.Eat burritos (get fat)

3.Surf (we know the BRUTHAS suck at that)

4.Becaome a crack addict like LT1

5.Finish school and get his degree ( lol lol lol)

Welly, welly, welly .... what do you think, Einstein?

i think you're racist? :dunno:

He's an unrestricted free agent, and fairly-doubtful that Chargers will match the medium-high offers he's bound to receive. So he could be starting elsewhere (or in a dreaded RBBC as the quick guy who gets pulled at the goal line). Who knows where he could end up. Browns? Raiders (they've seen him a lot, know how amazing he can be)? Giants (Tiki retiring)? Jets? Probably at least a dozen possibilities.

I swooped him up off the waiver wire in my dynasty league, then just traded him/Addai for Tiki/Maroney (that owner was completely out of the hunt and in need of keeper help).

At 237 lbs. why do you think he'd be pulled at the goal line?

I'm guessing SD will give him 2 mil a year like they did with Stephen Cooper this year. If they can justify paying that much for a mediocre talent like Cooper, then Turner, if for no other reason than as an insurance policy, deserves that.

A good buddy of mine who is a huge Giants fan said that the giants are going hard after Turner. I know he gets the monthly newspaper that they print. I can't say for sure that thats where he heard it from, but if I here info about the Giants from him, its usually always right on the money.