Sign in to follow this  
joneo

TASER

Leave the dumb fock student out of this thread. This is meant ot clear up a few false statements and misinformation about that thread.

1. The TASER is not your original "stun gun". TASER uses "Shaped Pulse" technology. http://www.taser.com/law/product_info/shapedpulse.html

2. I am not aware through my training, and reviewing this website, of a TASER having more than one setting. A misunderstanding that you can "drive stun" someone is not a setting. You have a cartridge containing two sets of wires with barbed hooks on the end. When the TASER is on and the trigger is activated, a nitrogen explosion propels the two sets of wires towards the target. Both hooks must make contact with the target to work. They DO NOT have to penetrate the skin. Let's say one hook misses the target. You can easily take the cartridge off the TASER and touch the target with the end of the TASER. This is a "drive stun". This results in the same amount of voltage to the target. However, it doesn't incapacitate the target as well as the hooks. The hooks are further apart when they come in contact with the target so the voltage travels across more of the body, thus incapacitating the target to a greater degree.

3. The TASER has an On/Off switch. If you have the TASER on and depress the trigger, it will last 5 seconds. The user CAN shut the TASER off and provide a stun anywhere from one second to 5 seconds. However, if the user keeps the trigger depressed, the stun will continue beyond the 5 seconds until the user releases the trigger.

4. The TASER has some unique qualities to guard against misuse. When a cartridge is used, hundreds of little pieces of confetti type material is emitted. Each piece of "confetti" contains the serial number or code to the cartridge that was used. This scatters around the scene and is virtually impossible for an officer to collect them all if he/she was trying to cover up a misuse. The TASER also has an internal device that time and date stamps each depression of the trigger. A person would literally have to destroy the TASER to try and hide this evidence.

5. Any more questions? Go to taser.com

Guest Black Label Society

I didnt' even read your whole post Joneo.

Honestly..I suggest you realize you're gay, and just move on.

Your dad won't care.......

We landed moon.... dinosaurs dead... etc... etc..... :(

Hey! How did you post this? Get back to work you overpaid, commodity having spearchucker. Also, prank calling me was not funny, especially in my condition. :banana:

Just kidding, be safe and taser me some skins

We landed moon.... dinosaurs dead... etc... etc..... :dunno:

Sure, to you it's old news. But to some of these dweebs spouting off with a know-it-all attitude, it's new to them. :P

Sure, to you it's old news. But to some of these dweebs spouting off with a know-it-all attitude, it's new to them. :P

Where the hell have you been lately anyways J?

Hey weren't you gonna run for sheriff or sumthin? :dunno:

Hey! How did you post this? Get back to work you overpaid, commodity having spearchucker. Also, prank calling me was not funny, especially in my condition. :P

Just kidding, be safe and taser me some skins

We get 3 hours a week FIT time... so's I decided to go do some lower body lifting...

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. I actually had to go out and talk to those whiny people I was talking to you about. They were gonna "throwdown!!" down by the river. They decided they dinna wanna go to jail so it's cool. ;)

Where the hell have you been lately anyways J?

Hey weren't you gonna run for sheriff or sumthin? :P

Night shift, deer season, funerals.. things like that keep me off the boards. I lost the sheriff's race in the primary. :dunno:

Someone should have educated that dumb fock from UCLA about tasers before he started popping off to the man!!! :dunno: :P

Someone should have educated that dumb fock from UCLA about tasers before he started popping off to the man!!! :dunno: :P

I just read that thread and saw the video... left long comment. Joneo is right and a handful of posters have the right opinion as well.

I think the cops focked around to much and made that situation way more volitale than it needed to be.

I just read that thread and saw the video... left long comment. Joneo is right and a handful of posters have the right opinion as well.

I think the cops focked around to much and made that situation way more volitale than it needed to be.

Dunno. All I've been thinking about all day is that episode of Cheers where Cliff hires some dude to shock him whenever he's an idiot. Then the remote gets in the hands of his buddies at the bar. This incident so reminded me of that episode. :dunno:

You know I come from old school law enforcement. I would have beat him with my PR24 then chocked him out. I might have been nice and let the EMT's take him to the Canadian border and dump his sorry ass off there.

You know I come from old school law enforcement. I would have beat him with my PR24 then chocked him out. I might have been nice and let the EMT's take him to the Canadian border and dump his sorry ass off there.

You really live in Oregon???? :dunno:

You really live in Oregon???? :dunno:

I grew up on a farm here in Oregon. We used to make fun of people from other states until they moved here and took over. Now we can't hunt, fish, log, mine, or drive cars without special permission from the environmentalists. We just had a 500 year flood in prime agricultural land near the coast. Our re-elected governor has stated that it rains here and it's no big deal. I am living in a state where the largest employer is the government. I will leave as soon as my personal obligations are complete. Oregon will be either Mexico North or Canada South. I don't care anymore. My parents live in Hawaii and I should be with them during their retirement years.

What if someone tases you as your having an orgasm? :( :clap:

What if someone tases you as your having an orgasm? :cry: :ninja:

It could be arranged. ;)

ok..lets say...

u are trying to get a job as an officer...

through the medical check and all that youve supplied..you claim u are fit for the job...

all cops must be tasered to experience it..know what it does etc (not sure if thats really true)

but lets say..doing this and being zapped in the back..it messes your back up and u can no longer be a cop....

do u have a right to sue?.....whos at fault?....i must leave now but will reply late tonight and very drunk...

my gal represented Taser in a trial like this awhile ago..i wont give out too much info..but was wondering what your take was on it..

ok..lets say...

u are trying to get a job as an officer...

through the medical check and all that youve supplied..you claim u are fit for the job...

all cops must be tasered to experience it..know what it does etc (not sure if thats really true)

but lets say..doing this and being zapped in the back..it messes your back up and u can no longer be a cop....

do u have a right to sue?.....whos at fault?....i must leave now but will reply late tonight and very drunk...

my gal represented Taser in a trial like this awhile ago..i wont give out too much info..but was wondering what your take was on it..

It's crap... being Tasered cannot hurt your back. Some guy was focking around outside of work, hurt his back and then reported it after he got Taser training trying to get a buck. All it does is lock up your muscles where the current is. It really doesn't mess with anything.

Unless possibly when he was tasered he fell into something or fell on his back. The taser itself had nothing to do with it.

Thats something i hear often. Tasers don't cause death, its usualy something else. But if the guy hadn't gotten tasered, he wouldn't ahve fallen down right? Or when people are high on their choice drug when they get zapped and end up dying. People say it was the drugs. I posted an article that studied 149 taser related deaths since 1996 and it claimed in 4 cases, the taser was responsible for death, for 10 it had a helping hand, and in another 4, tasering couldn't be ruled out for the cause of death. But whichever company makes tasers claimed their report was wrong and questioned the credibility of the people who did the reports. I'm not trying to say tasers are a bad thing. I think tasers are great and all cops should be equipped with them, but they need to be careful. Too many people think oh its just a taser, its non-lethal, so they turn to them much quicker then they need to. But people are desensitized to them for a few reasons i think. One is the fact that those jackass guys and youtubers all around the world have clips of being tasered while drinking beer or something. When you see people pull of stunts like that, it makes them seem "safe." And two, they don't look violent. Theres no swinging motion, no noticeable scars/bruises or anything. Seeing someone stick a taser on to someone else is nothing compared to seeing someone swing a baton over and over. The baton just looks so much more violent. It just seems like with all these non-lethal weapons, cops are being trained to shoot first ask questions later.

Thats something i hear often. Tasers don't cause death, its usualy something else. But if the guy hadn't gotten tasered, he wouldn't ahve fallen down right? Or when people are high on their choice drug when they get zapped and end up dying. People say it was the drugs. I posted an article that studied 149 taser related deaths since 1996 and it claimed in 4 cases, the taser was responsible for death, for 10 it had a helping hand, and in another 4, tasering couldn't be ruled out for the cause of death. But whichever company makes tasers claimed their report was wrong and questioned the credibility of the people who did the reports. I'm not trying to say tasers are a bad thing. I think tasers are great and all cops should be equipped with them, but they need to be careful. Too many people think oh its just a taser, its non-lethal, so they turn to them much quicker then they need to. But people are desensitized to them for a few reasons i think. One is the fact that those jackass guys and youtubers all around the world have clips of being tasered while drinking beer or something. When you see people pull of stunts like that, it makes them seem "safe." And two, they don't look violent. Theres no swinging motion, no noticeable scars/bruises or anything. Seeing someone stick a taser on to someone else is nothing compared to seeing someone swing a baton over and over. The baton just looks so much more violent. It just seems like with all these non-lethal weapons, cops are being trained to shoot first ask questions later.

Kid.... your freakin goofy. A Taser is stopping people from getting hurt.

This is me: mmmmm....beer

I'm 235lbs without my cop gear on. With my gear I'm 260lbs. I can either (A) Taser you and you compliantly fall down. OR (B) I can tackle your ass or slam you to the ground if your being a dumbass and I can guarantee you it's much more violent and the potential for the suspect getting hurt is astronomically more than if he just fell down. Obviously I don't deploy my taser if there's not call for it and sometimes the shyt goes down to fast to get it out and I have to flop someone old school style, but I'm telling you now, the safest way is for someone to get hit with the taser.

I'm 235lbs without my cop gear on. With my gear I'm 260lbs. I can either (A) Taser you and you compliantly fall down. OR (:dunno: I can tackle your ass or slam you to the ground if your being a dumbass and I can guarantee you it's much more violent and the potential for the suspect getting hurt is astronomically more than if he just fell down. Obviously I don't deploy my taser if there's not call for it and sometimes the shyt goes down to fast to get it out and I have to flop someone old school style, but I'm telling you now, the safest way is for someone to get hit with the taser.

Two things. I was talkin mainly about passive resistence or when cops turn to them too quick. I wanted to avoid bringing the UCLA case in here, but i'll use that as an example. I think that was uneccessary. By all means if someone is trying to threaten a cop, charges the cop, resists arrests, try's wrassling you, trying his hardest not to get cuffed, then go ahead, taser the sh!t out of him. I'm not saying its always the case, but it does seem like the trend is going towards just using something non-lethal to end a situation. Its just so much easier and it ends things quickly. I don't like where this could go. I'm not sayig cops shouldn't get them or anything like that and i think they are a great alternative to a gun. But i've seen a few cases where i thought the taser was uneccessary. I've seen a guy having an argument with a bouncer at a club and although things weren't cordial, nobody would think that the guy is about to fight the bouncer. But the cop rolled up with his taser ready and told him to get on the ground. I know its hard to have perfect judgement and i'm sure you've had lots of experience with unpredictable drunk people, but i would think if the guy is being physicaly calm but kind of raising his voice, the cop would come as a mediator. If the guy was yelling or something or obviously being an agressive drunk then yea show up ready to go. But i know that kind of puts cops in a tough place because wheres the line between animated argument and agressive argument.

And the other thing is yes, i would rather have you tackle me down. I know there haven't been very many taser-related deaths, but i'd rather go to jail with cuts, bruises, bumps, and other various things than have something fock with my muscles from the inside. I know its not very likely but i just don't trust electric current going through my body and having a chance to fock me up. But i don't think if your passively resisting you would have the need to put a hurtin on me. Maybe drag me away not caring what my head hits or something, but i would like to think if you were int he UCLA situation you would just drag that ass away rather than taser him.

My biggest point was just that it seems like we're moving towards a shoot first type of situation. People still generaly fear cops and will listen to them. They might be argumentitive, but if you have the patience i'm sure you can talk them out of it.

And as far as you taking me out, don't you know i'm 6'8" 300 lbs, 5% body fat, make a million dollars a year, have 5 ferraris, and am a master at 10 different fighting styles?

And as far as you taking me out, don't you know i'm 6'8" 300 lbs, 5% body fat, make a million dollars a year, have 5 ferraris, and am a master at 10 different fighting styles?

I'll take you on, tubby.

OK itsbigmoni, I think I am starting to understand your ramblings a bit more. You disagree with the use of the TASER in cases of petty stuff or civil disobedience. You also mentioned their seems to be a "shoot first" (with Taser)mentality among police officers. You are probably correct on that statement. I know now that I have a TASER, I threw away my pepper spray. Everytime I had to use the pepper spray, it affected me more than the suspect because I have very sensitive eyes and nasal issues. It put me in danger. You need to understand something. Just because you disagree with something, doesn't mean you are right. Yes, it's a very upright ethical stance you have taken. I have no problem with that. I will tell you, when I go to a call where someone is causing ANY type of problem, I unholster the TASER and am not afraid of letting the people see it.

As far as your statement about you would rather have the officer tackle you and cause a few bumps, scrathes or bruises vs. being TASERed. Guess what? It's not your choice. It WOULD BE your choice to cooperate. If you don't, the police WILL make the choice that stops the situation in the best manner. The best manner is the officer not getting hurt. The suspect MAY fall and hurt themselves, but apparently you have no issue against that since you posted your druthers.

YES, there are bad cops. YES, there are good cops who make poor decisions. IF someone is in handcuffs, I agree with you. 99.9% there is no justifiable reason to TASER someone.

OK itsbigmoni, I think I am starting to understand your ramblings a bit more. You disagree with the use of the TASER in cases of petty stuff or civil disobedience. You also mentioned their seems to be a "shoot first" (with Taser)mentality among police officers. You are probably correct on that statement. I know now that I have a TASER, I threw away my pepper spray. Everytime I had to use the pepper spray, it affected me more than the suspect because I have very sensitive eyes and nasal issues. It put me in danger. You need to understand something. Just because you disagree with something, doesn't mean you are right. Yes, it's a very upright ethical stance you have taken. I have no problem with that. I will tell you, when I go to a call where someone is causing ANY type of problem, I unholster the TASER and am not afraid of letting the people see it.

As far as your statement about you would rather have the officer tackle you and cause a few bumps, scrathes or bruises vs. being TASERed. Guess what? It's not your choice. It WOULD BE your choice to cooperate. If you don't, the police WILL make the choice that stops the situation in the best manner. The best manner is the officer not getting hurt. The suspect MAY fall and hurt themselves, but apparently you have no issue against that since you posted your druthers.

YES, there are bad cops. YES, there are good cops who make poor decisions. IF someone is in handcuffs, I agree with you. 99.9% there is no justifiable reason to TASER someone.

joneo, I think you will find this story interesting. Portland recently had a suspect die due to an officer tackling and landing on him. There is a big stink about use of force and dealing with mentally ill people.

http://www.wweek.com/editorial/3252/8148/

I like how the one columnist was a rugby player thus making him an expert on wounds and bones breaking. Anyway, good example of how physical takedown and restraint VS a Taser. Either one can hurt people. I am not saying the cops did or didn't go overboard. I wasn't there.

Rugby players aren't doing this sort of stuff. I found his arguement silly. :angry:

As uncomfortable as it is to talk about, officers do not appear to have encountered the kind, gentle Jim Jim whose persona has emerged from the recollection of family and friends since his death.

By all accounts Chasse was scared and fought back mightily—both before and after police tried to use a Taser on him.

'I've never seen anybody look at me like that with the sheer terror in their eyes,' Humphreys recalled.

'He was pretty wild-eyed during the whole thing and, uh, just grittin' his teeth and snapping,' Burton says. 'He was just sort of blindly fighting as hard as he could.'

Chasse's ferocity took the officers by surprise.

'He was twisting and turning so that it looked like he was possibly pulling his, uh, shoulders out of socket,' Burton told investigators. 'At one point he had his, you know, his legs facing the ground and his chest facing us, and then vice-versa and, and kicking and screaming.'

According to their testimony to investigators, the officers struck Chasse as he tried to bite them while they were attempting to place him in restraints.

'As he's squirming around and not putting his hands behind his back and biting and kicking, um, I had, I punched him, I believe, once, maybe, maybe more in the, in the back.... At some point either before or after the Tasing I had used the knuckle of my right index finger and just sort of pressure-pointed his ribs for pain compliance,' Burton told investigators.

'I don't see Mr. Chasse's head, but I see Sgt. Nice, uh, strike one time, one time with a closed fist,' Humphreys told investigators. 'Um, I didn't actually see where it landed, but it was up in the shoulder/head area.'

And a little later, Humphreys continued, 'I just see teeth as he's coming up. And I mean, his teeth are right on my arm. I pull my fist back and uh, uh, basically just use my forearm and I just draw it back and it strikes him across the face and then I come down with a closed fist strike across Mr. Chasse's face.'

Nice told investigators, 'I looked down, and he had rolled up on his side again and gotten a hold of the cuff of my right pant leg with his teeth again. I pulled my right foot back and kicked him in the upper chest. I told him, 'Don't [bite] me.''

Nice also described putting a knee into Chasse's shoulder blade in order to pin him down.

Despite those blows, state medical examiner Gunson told WW the injuries that killed Chasse were not consistent with the individual impacts of punches and kicks.

According to her findings, which the grand jury decision supports, the strikes by officers were incidental to his death and not the main cause.

it does seem like the trend is going towards just using something non-lethal to end a situation. Its just so much easier and it ends things quickly. I don't like where this could go. I'm not sayig cops shouldn't get them or anything like that and i think they are a great alternative to a gun. But i've seen a few cases where i thought the taser was uneccessary. I've seen a guy having an argument with a bouncer at a club and although things weren't cordial, nobody would think that the guy is about to fight the bouncer. But the cop rolled up with his taser ready and told him to get on the ground. I know its hard to have perfect judgement and i'm sure you've had lots of experience with unpredictable drunk people, but i would think if the guy is being physicaly calm but kind of raising his voice, the cop would come as a mediator. If the guy was yelling or something or obviously being an agressive drunk then yea show up ready to go. But i know that kind of puts cops in a tough place because wheres the line between animated argument and agressive argument.

Here's another tidbit that I'm pretty positive you don't know. Law Enforcement is trained to use a step above the use of force being presented to them. IE if your coming at me with a big stick I pull out my Glock. If your coming at me with your fists I pull out my pepper, taser, or possibly Glock depending on the situation. Along those same lines if your passively resisting and doing the dead weight thing, I can taser you or give you the pepper spray. Your resisting and not following commands. It's justified, legal, and common practice.

This isn't the focking OK Corral out there son. I'm not waiting for you to show what you've got and then I match you. It's real life and more than one officer has gotten himself or others hurt when he didn't control the situation.

In the chase situation, i don't think you can blame the officers. It was a dogfight and when push comes to shove, your natural reaction takes over. I don't think they should be charged with any criminal charges, or brought to a civil case. In that situation the guy is lucky they didn't use more than a stun gun.

I believe your assesment on appropriate force to be used. However i dont believe you when you say its common practice to taser someone who is passive. I think there's a cop in here so i guess we could trust his judgement. Are you guys taught to taser someone who won't stand up? Is it protocol to stun someone who is just laying there and ignoring you?

I don't get what people don't understand about what i'm saying. That one guy did but it seems like nobody else does. Use all the force you want when the criminal is being violent. In that scenario, fock the criminal, just make sure the general public, yourself, and fellow officers are safe. I've never said that in situations where the criminal is acting violently should they restrain from using tasers. If you've read my posts in the UCLA thread, i specifialy mentioned biting as grounds for tasering and tahts one of many things chase was doing.

"Your resisting and not following commands. It's justified, legal, and common practice."

It is not common practice. If it was common, why was there such a commotion over this case. But again, i'll refer to the officer in here(at least i think he's on officer). If he says he's taught to taser someone laying on the ground handcuffed and not being violent, then i'll admit i was 100% wrong.

It is not common practice. If it was common, why was there such a commotion over this case. But again, i'll refer to the officer in here(at least i think he's on officer). If he says he's taught to taser someone laying on the ground handcuffed and not being violent, then i'll admit i was 100% wrong.

You've been talking to 3 cops.

Joneo, Robokop, and mmmmm...beer

All 3 are current certified police officers.

I said nothing about the guy in handcuffs laying on the ground. I said it's justified if a guy is passively resisting. Like say if the guy didn't have handcuffs on and was laying there ignoring me, wouldn't get up, and refused to cooperate if I was trying to handcuff him or place my hands on him. Say the guy screaming, "DON'T TOUCH ME!!" It would also depend on the circumstances as well. Obviously this guy wasn't just ignoring the cops, he was continuing to be disorderly by screaming and acting the fool. In my opinion, from what I saw the guy was still actively resisting even though they had the cuffs on him.

wah wah wah. I'm a big crying biatch who doesn't understand basic concepts of living in a civivlized society

Oh ok I understand now. :pointstosky:

Oh ok I understand now. :pointstosky:

He wears underwear on his head and calls it a turbin. :mad:

I call it an asshat. :D

Here's another tidbit that I'm pretty positive you don't know. Law Enforcement is trained to use a step above the use of force being presented to them. IE if your coming at me with a big stick I pull out my Glock. If your coming at me with your fists I pull out my pepper, taser, or possibly Glock depending on the situation. Along those same lines if your passively resisting and doing the dead weight thing, I can taser you or give you the pepper spray. Your resisting and not following commands. It's justified, legal, and common practice.

This isn't the focking OK Corral out there son. I'm not waiting for you to show what you've got and then I match you. It's real life and more than one officer has gotten himself or others hurt when he didn't control the situation.

ABSO-FOCKING-LUTELY :wub:

You've been talking to 3 cops.

Joneo, Robokop, and mmmmm...beer

All 3 are current certified police officers.

I said nothing about the guy in handcuffs laying on the ground. I said it's justified if a guy is passively resisting. Like say if the guy didn't have handcuffs on and was laying there ignoring me, wouldn't get up, and refused to cooperate if I was trying to handcuff him or place my hands on him. Say the guy screaming, "DON'T TOUCH ME!!" It would also depend on the circumstances as well. Obviously this guy wasn't just ignoring the cops, he was continuing to be disorderly by screaming and acting the fool. In my opinion, from what I saw the guy was still actively resisting even though they had the cuffs on him.

Yea, he was squirming quite a bit. But i think at the time he was squirming i heard a clicking noise.

How many times have i said its justified if the person was resisting arrest. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read my posts. If you go back you'll see i said if they guy is resisting arrest then its ok. I'll say it again. If the guy is resisting arrest by fighting back, biting at you, trying to grapple, trying to keep his arm moving, rolling around the ground, or in any ohter way that is prohibiting you from cuffing him, then taser him. Did you rea that? If the guy is resisting arrest i support using a taser. I can not say it any plainer. Please go back and read my other posts and you'll see i have said that so its not like im changing my stance.

I trust cops with tasers. I doubt you guys taser for the fun of it. I think its important for cops to have a variety of weapons to suit their needs. I would even support having automatic rifles in the trunk of the cars equipped with armor piercing bullets.

But if a guy is just laying there i dont see a reason for it. Even if the guy was not cuffed yet.

He wears underwear on his head and calls it a turbin. :doublethumbsup:

I call it an asshat. :blink:

Why are you so ignorant for? This is why white people get labeled racist. Why did the pilgrims come here? Religous freedom. If you don't like my religon then who cares. It does not affect you in any way. Some people are just pathetic. What does whether or not i wear something on my head have to do with anything? Jews wear yamikas. The pope wears the MITRE. Sikh's arent the only people that wear headpieces.

I'm 235lbs without my cop gear on. With my gear I'm 260lbs. I can either (A) Taser you and you compliantly fall down. OR (:dunno: I can tackle your ass or slam you to the ground if your being a dumbass and I can guarantee you it's much more violent and the potential for the suspect getting hurt is astronomically more than if he just fell down. Obviously I don't deploy my taser if there's not call for it and sometimes the shyt goes down to fast to get it out and I have to flop someone old school style, but I'm telling you now, the safest way is for someone to get hit with the taser.

wow, you are tuff, w/ 2 f's

I like the new dating tips column. :cheers:

I'll look forward to next week's article.

Ok i'll concede defeat. I pushed everyones patience and i probably am being too much of a stickler. I ended up arguing such a small scale issue compared to the big picture. I'm sure 95% of the time someone is resisting arrest, they are not doing it 100% passively. And i know you guys agree to some degree that if someone is cuffed you shouldn't taser them. Sometimes you just get so caught up in defending your view or what you said earlier, that you can't take a step back and reanalyze the situation.

However, spotted and strike are still morons. I don't know how to live in a civilized society? Umm i've never been arrested, detained, or held for questoining by cops. I've never caused an auto accident, or any signifcant injury to someone else. I graduated from high school and now attend college. My family has never been on any form of government assistance. I'm paying for college by working, parents help, and scholorships. Oh wait, i have gotten 4 speeding tickets. Damn, you're right, i feel foreign whenever i go to a civilized place.

Ok, last post. It seems like the people above me were trying to break the tension so i'm sorry if that was your intention.

Ok i'll concede defeat. I pushed everyone's patience and i probably am being too much of a stickler. I ended up arguing such a small scale issue compared to the big picture. I'm sure 95% of the time someone is resisting arrest, they are not doing it 100% passively. And i know you guys agree to some degree that if someone is cuffed you shouldn't taser them. Sometimes you just get so caught up in defending your view or what you said earlier, that you can't take a step back and reanalyze the situation.

However, spotted and strike are still morons. I don't know how to live in a civilized society? Umm i've never been arrested, detained, or held for questoining by cops. I've never caused an auto accident, or any signifcant injury to someone else. I graduated from high school and now attend college. My family has never been on any form of government assistance. I'm paying for college by working, parents help, and scholorships.

Stay in school fool. :mellow: :lol:

Ok i'll concede defeat. I pushed everyones patience and i probably am being too much of a stickler. I ended up arguing such a small scale issue compared to the big picture. I'm sure 95% of the time someone is resisting arrest, they are not doing it 100% passively. And i know you guys agree to some degree that if someone is cuffed you shouldn't taser them. Sometimes you just get so caught up in defending your view or what you said earlier, that you can't take a step back and reanalyze the situation.

However, spotted and strike are still morons. I don't know how to live in a civilized society? Umm i've never been arrested, detained, or held for questoining by cops. I've never caused an auto accident, or any signifcant injury to someone else. I graduated from high school and now attend college. My family has never been on any form of government assistance. I'm paying for college by working, parents help, and scholorships. Oh wait, i have gotten 4 speeding tickets. Damn, you're right, i feel foreign whenever i go to a civilized place.

Ok, last post. It seems like the people above me were trying to break the tension so i'm sorry if that was your intention.

How dare you put me in the same category as Strike. I would rather stand over a bathtub with an asian girl showing me her lunch. :doublethumbsup:

How dare you put me in the same category as Strike. I would rather stand over a bathtub with an asian girl showing me her lunch. :pointstosky:

Yeah, how dare he put us in the same category!!! :mad:

Now that we've got THAT settled, and since only one of us falls in to the category of moron, I'll let you have that distinction :P