Sign in to follow this  
Laurence Maroney's Nuts

Packers Homers?

So it looks like I'm gonna roll with Jennings to cover Colston's spot this week (yes, I play Colston at WR). I noticed that Jennings had 10 targets last week, but only 1 catch. Was he just rusty from the time off?

Damn I miss the good ole days when Holt, Colston, and Jennings were all performing... :cry:

I did not watch, but did go through the play by play on sportsline and Favre went to him like 5 times for deep routes very early, all he needs is to land 1 0r 2 of those a week. I have Driver and I hate to see Favre bang up.

So it looks like I'm gonna roll with Jennings to cover Colston's spot this week (yes, I play Colston at WR). I noticed that Jennings had 10 targets last week, but only 1 catch. Was he just rusty from the time off?

Damn I miss the good ole days when Holt, Colston, and Jennings were all performing... :clap:

That game (and the Buffalo/Houston) were the only ones not on at the bar I go to.... I noticed that 10 targets 1 catch thing as well...My buddy is a die hard Packers fan so I asked him and he said Favre was just erratic early on and overthrew him a bunch of times.... HTH

I saw the game...

Favre threw to Jennings what seemed like every play until he was injured. Unfortunately Favre was awful and couldn't hit the side of a barn. To make matters worse once Rodgers came in he found a way to be worse than Favre.

I saw the game...

Favre threw to Jennings what seemed like every play until he was injured. Unfortunately Favre was awful and couldn't hit the side of a barn. To make matters worse once Rodgers came in he found a way to be worse than Favre.

most factual post of the year on this website :banana:

I saw the game...

i saw the first quarter of the game, bits of the 2nd: favre did target jennings. i wouldn't say they were "deep routes" as an above poster said (the 1 deep ball i saw jennings was well covered). it was a combintion of favre being awful and jennings being covered. favre is lucky some of those ball were thrown high and away from jennings: they probably would have been interceptions.

Favre was HORRIBLE. Missed him on several occasions - kept throwing high

Favre didn't throw too high...Jennings should have run faster to get to Favre's ball. :first:

i saw the first quarter of the game, bits of the 2nd: favre did target jennings. i wouldn't say they were "deep routes" as an above poster said (the 1 deep ball i saw jennings was well covered). it was a combintion of favre being awful and jennings being covered. favre is lucky some of those ball were thrown high and away from jennings: they probably would have been interceptions.

It did seem odd that Favre was really zeroing in on him even when he was covered. If Favre stays healthy and plays decent Jennings could be in line for a few big games before it's all said and done. The targets should be there.

Favre's high passes all day were most likely the result of the groin injury earlier in the week. Didn't llok like he was stepping into his passes and firing away. Every ballw as sailing high as if he wasn't planting and throwing any pass. On a second note, when he retires, Jenning value plummets.

Rogers totally sucks. They better plan ahead for 2010 when Favre may retire. :banana:

It did seem odd that Favre was really zeroing in on him even when he was covered. If Favre stays healthy and plays decent Jennings could be in line for a few big games before it's all said and done. The targets should be there.

furrey gets a lot of looks for the lions because roy is double and triple teamed all the time. it was the same phenomena sunday in green bay (at least early): the pats made it their plan to shutdown driver and take their chances with the rest of the green bay wrs. hence, jennings was getting a lot of looks.

and before any whacky cheesehead chimes in, i'm not making any comparisons of jennings and furrey. only their situations, which are similar.

furrey gets a lot of looks for the lions because roy is double and triple teamed all the time. it was the same phenomena sunday in green bay (at least early): the pats made it their plan to shutdown driver and take their chances with the rest of the green bay wrs. hence, jennings was getting a lot of looks.

and before any whacky cheesehead chimes in, i'm not making any comparisons of jennings and furrey. only their situations, which are similar.

I can't believe you're comparing Jennings and Furrey! I'm outraged! ;)

But you're right in this case. Driver said as much after the game. They totally focused on him, and Favre was waaaay off most of Sunday. Before the elbow injury.

As for Rodgers, I'm still not sure. Is a fair assessment throwing him in cold against one of the best defenses in the league? The jury is still out, in my opinion.