Sign in to follow this  
remote controller

Cowboy Nation

You root for the home team or your a bandwagoneer. when you went to high school or college, did you root for another school?

My problem with the Cowboy nation is that most of them hibernate when times are tough, but here they come now.

A new breed called Romosexuals.

I can't wait until the defenses figure Romo out.

Things are really looking up for the Cowboys, but the Cowboy nation is really an enigma. I have never seen bigger roller coaster emotions coming out of any other nation. They win a few games and the are Super Bowl Bound. They lose a few and it is over. Romo enters the picture, and it is Super Bowl Bound again. This isn't just this season. They seem to have the biggest knee jerk reactions of all nations. This is not a slam, just an observation. It might be that, since i live in the Panhandle, I just get more Cowboy coverage then other teams. There football fans, and media just seem to go from highs and lows, often, every season. I guess it is the quest for another title. There is a lot to like on this squad, on both offense and defense, and TO said the smartest thing i ever heard him say last week when he defended Vandy. saying vandy got cut, and hadn't lost a game for them, while he feels he is still there, and lost a couple of games for them. Thumbs up to TO for that.

I agree with you. But as a huge Cowboys homer, the Cowboys have such a winning tradition, that we expect nothing less than to add to our NFL record 8 Super Bowls and 5 Super Bowl championships every season. Losing franchises that have no Superbowl championships like the Eagles, Saints, and Cardinals, to name a few, are so used to being losers, that they do not expect greatness from their teams.

I agree with you. But as a huge Cowboys homer, the Cowboys have such a winning tradition, that we expect nothing less than to add to our NFL record 8 Super Bowls and 5 Super Bowl championships every season. Losing franchises that have no Superbowl championships like the Eagles, Saints, and Cardinals, to name a few, are so used to being losers, that they do not expect greatness from their teams.

:doublethumbsup:

Yes, the cowboy fans are very demanding the way they just disappear for years until the team plays well again. :doublethumbsup:

How close to Dallas do you live?

You root for the home team or your a bandwagoneer. when you went to high school or college, did you root for another school?

My problem with the Cowboy nation is that most of them hibernate when times are tough, but here they come now.

A new breed called Romosexuals.

The SAME exact way Eagles fans hibernate every year McNabb goes down with an injury, and then appear after an Eagles win. But Cowboys fans do not hibernate. I remember the 1-15 season in 1989 and support did not waver. When the Eagles can stake a claim to anything other than NFC Championship losses you can come in here and talk otherwise get the phuck out.

Actually the Packers have the record with 12 NFL championships. They are "title town" like it or not. The Cowboys certainly have a nice history cosidering that they didn't enter the league until 1960 but you guys share the "super bowl" win record with Pittsburgh and San Fran. You guys have had times of greatness no doubt but your not the best.

Cowboys Fans :doublethumbsup:

The SAME exact way Eagles fans hibernate every year McNabb goes down with an injury, and then appear after an Eagles win. But Cowboys fans do not hibernate. I remember the 1-15 season in 1989 and support did not waver. When the Eagles can stake a claim to anything other than NFC Championship losses you can come in here and talk otherwise get the phuck out.

you're still poor

hth

you're still poor

hth

Great comeback go get Newbiejr and Ghost to try to bail you out. You will disappear after they lose to Washington this weekend.

Actually the Packers have the record with 12 NFL championships. They are "title town" like it or not. The Cowboys certainly have a nice history cosidering that they didn't enter the league until 1960 but you guys share the "super bowl" win record with Pittsburgh and San Fran. You guys have had times of greatness no doubt but your not the best.

Cowboys Fans :headbanger:

But NFL history is only concerned with the Super Bowl era, hence the pre-Superbowl history of the NFL is rarely ever mentioned today.

Also, the Cowboys have more championships per their existance in the league, than any other NFL franchise.

But NFL history is only concerned with the Super Bowl era, hence the pre-Superbowl history of the NFL is rarely ever mentioned today.

Well hell dude, you didn't say you were going to throw out the first 50 years of the league to suit your statements. If that's the case then I stand corrected.

Oh and you might want to phone Canton, Ohio or whoever is actually in charge of "NFL history" and alert them. Red Grange and Vince Lombardi will surely roll over in their graves and Mike Ditka and Frank Gifford sure are gonna be pissed.

Well hell dude, you didn't say you were going to throw out the first 50 years of the league to suit your statements. If that's the case then I stand corrected.

Oh and you might want to phone Canton, Ohio or whoever is actually in charge of "NFL history" and alert them. Red Grange and Vince Lombardi will surely roll over in their graves and Mike Ditka and Frank Gifford sure are gonna be pissed.

The Eagles have been around the NFL for almost twice as long as the Cowboys have, and yet the Cowboys still have played in double the amount of championship games as the Eagles have.

Eagles fans :headbanger:

Those are just the normal ups and downs of a team's fan base, depending on the team's fortunes. Unless you're a Lions fan, then you're just resigned to the fact that your team sucks.

Ouch!!!

What are you talking about?!?!

When the Lie-downs beat Buffalo we were talking Super Bowl! In fact I think it was our Super Bowl!

Good job boys, take the rest of the season off...

P.S. Is it baseball season yet?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columni...sfla-sports-col

The Cowboys have been in three of the four ratings-grabbers

No. 1 was this past Sunday's Fox national game (mostly Cowboys-Giants) was the most-watched game with 27.6 million viewers, the most-watched NFL regular-season game since the 1999 Dolphins-Cowboys Thanksgiving Day game on CBS. The game also was the second most-watched show of the TV season, trailing only the Nov. 15 Dancing with the Stars finale (27.7 million).

And who was on Dancing with the Stars? #22 Emmitt Smith :wall:

John Madden, SNF analyst: "Not everybody that watches them is a Dallas Cowboys fan that wants to see them win. It's the whole Muhammad Ali thing. There were a lot of people who wanted to see him win and there were a lot of people who wanted to see him lose, and then you take them and you add them all together and there's a lot of people watching. I think it's the same thing with the Cowboys."

Gaudelli: "I kind of look at them like Sinatra or Elvis -- timeless. Whether you're born in the '40s, '50s, '60s, '70s, '80s or '90s, and you're a fan of music, you'll know those two names and you will always take a glance at least if you hear those two names. I think the same with the Cowboys."

:shocking:

:banana:

:pointstosky:

you have an old x-gay reject for your QB...FOR THE NEXT YEAR AND A HALF.

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

you have an old x-gay reject for your QB...FOR THE NEXT YEAR AND A HALF.

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

:pointstosky:

He's no Romo.

bump :ninja:

from Super Bowl Bound to exposed

I still think there is really no need to panic in Dallas. It was discovered Williams couldn't cover well over a year ago.

Cowboys Fans :thumbsup:

Dude, back when they wore leather helmets doesn't count in the discussion. What are you, 102?

Dude, back when they wore leather helmets doesn't count in the discussion. What are you, 102?

This statement just shows how young and immature you are. Remember you can't change history even if you choose to ignore it.

:lol:

He's no Romo.

no sir, he is not!

:headbanger:

:bandana:

Unless you are from Texas, there are no "true" Cowboys fans.

So you are saying that because of where you just happen to fall out of your mother's womb, determines your 'level' of being a Cowboys fan?

Umm. B.S. Absolutely BS.

If by "Cowboys Fans :bandana:", you mean Cowboys fans around the US are laughing at the completely inept Snickers bar with legs you have at your QB position, then yes, you're right, "Cowboys Fans :lol:"

"Cowboy Nation"? No such thing. Cowboy fans are the complete opposite of die hard fans like the Red Sox' or Cubs' whose fans band together over years from town to town struggling to find a tv with their team's games on until recently for the Red Sox anyway). In the NFL you can even say that about the Raiders who always have an outsiders' status and despite the apparel sales their real fans always have a determined quality. Cowboys fans? Please. Dallas would get on tv when they were 3-13, their fans jump on and off the old loyalty wagon, and they don't deserve the moniker of 'nation' because they show no real patriotism (if you will) toward their team. That 'roller coaster of emotions' as you put it is just Cowboy fans being Cowboy fans.

I was going to post something about whether the NYG can pull it together this Sunday, so that has nothing to do with this post, but if they could it would be great to be in a Dallas sports bar and hear the typical roller coaster reaction that I'm sure will ensue.

a real generalization... the cowboys can't help it that throughout the 70s and 90s they were a powerhouse and everyone and their mother liked them

but this happens for lots of good teams in sports... fock when i was in grade school everyone loved the miami hurricanes and the seminoles... those bandwagons are in shambles now for the USC's and LSU's of the world...

people like to back good teams... simple as that...

(i can't wait for the patriots to start sucking in like 5 years and everyone hops off the band wagon... circle of life)

do you remember where you were when Dallas beat Worshington 13-3 in 1989?

:lol: that made the whole season worth it :cheers:

do you remember where you were when Dallas beat Worshington 13-3 in 1989?

:overhead: that made the whole season worth it :pointstosky:

1-15 baby! :pointstosky:

That was back during my college days.

The Boys just about lost all of their national television coverage......except for the turkey day game.

it's also dangerous to be a cowboys fan in other places because of the hatred.

no one really rags on the steelers/packers good or bad.

but wear a cowboys jersey in the east coast when they're not doing so good, you'll never hear the end of it.

To bad Football didn't begin with the Super Bowl. I believe GB has 12 Championships winning 3 in a row twice.