Sign in to follow this  
silliman9

chester taylor

I had mcgahee and he broke his ribs, now taylor has damaged cartilage in his ribs, does anyone know if it would be serious enough to keep him from playing?

I had mcgahee and he broke his ribs, now taylor has damaged cartilage in his ribs, does anyone know if it would be serious enough to keep him from playing?

Latest

All I know is, if he doesn't play, I'm kinda screwed. I need him for the playoffs.

Latest

All I know is, if he doesn't play, I'm kinda screwed. I need him for the playoffs.

How are you screwed if he doesn't play? I'd be thrilled to have your RB crew!!

Every team looks that good in an 8 team league.

I, on the other hand, would have to start Brandon Jacobs or Mewelde Moore. Not good for the first round.

Well, semi-screwed. Chester has the sweeeeeeeeetest playoff schedule, and I need a crapload of points from him because my WR's are either dinged up or suck.

With no Chester, I think I can get away with Betts, Jamal, and Ahman.

SA just got healthy... considering I'm nto sure moore will get the final positon as backup if chester is out not sure if i want to grab him.

guess I go green.

Bump-

Minny Homers -- HABO --- I know Chester is day to day, which means I can not start him this week in my playoffs due to risk. I have Moore as his back-up. Is he worth a start or should I stick with Fargas since I know he will get carries? MW loooked good in relief and he can catch the ball, but it looked like Fason was the man. Childress was impressed according to his press conference. So take a chance with MeMo or go with Fargas.

Raider Nation your help is needed on this also. :thumbsdown:

Latest

Fason would be a good start in a PPR League if Taylor does not go. He's almost as good.

You could have the all groin team of Thomas Jones and Ronnie Brown (oh, broken hand too) like me. :cheers:

what is wrong with T. Jones groin? Didn't hear about this and didn't even look at that stats from that crappy game this week.

what is wrong with T. Jones groin? Didn't hear about this and didn't even look at that stats from that crappy game this week.

Looks like he's wearing down and the torch is being passed on to Benson. :argue:

Looks like he's wearing down and the torch is being passed on to Benson. :argue:

He's not wearing down, but he's nearing his career high in carries and Benson is starting to run much better.

Same here. Also have Mcgahee and C. Taylor with ribs problems. Hope the Viks just sit him for one week since next week is a meaningless game for me. I already make the playoff.

With Portis out, C Taylor questionable for this week my team comes limping into the playoffs. The Cutler to Javon combo is doing me no favors as well. :unsure:

Ribs seem to be among the worst thing you can get. It's not only a day to day thing, it's a play to play thing, meaning Taylor could get the start because he feels fine, then aggravate them on the first play and sit.

So......would Mewelde or Fason get the start/carries if Chester couldn't go?

While we're at it, if there are Minny homers in here.......Tavarious Jackson, he gonna start?

While we're at it, if there are Minny homers in here.......Tavarious Jackson, he gonna start?

I will post the article because I think you have to sign up to see the link. No clue who the qb is going to be at this time.

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/856533.html

Vikings: Fason learns patience pays off in the long run

The second-year pro heeded Chester Taylor's advice and stepped up when opportunity knocked.

Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune

Vikings: Fason learns patience pays off in the long run

Mountain of flags is too much to scale

Talk: Who would you choose as Vikings QB?

Vikings: Which QB? It's a toss-up

Vikings' Childress quiets talk of rift on team

The Vikings' decision to sign free agent Chester Taylor last March sent a clear message to Ciatrick Fason that his chance to become a No. 1 running back would indefinitely be put on hold.

But that setback couldn't have prepared Fason for the eight-game stretch he would spend with absolutely no opportunity to contribute as a member of the Vikings' inactive list. And so as Fason waited and wondered for much of this season, he sought advice from his best friend on the team and a guy who knows all about being buried on the depth chart: Taylor.

"I asked him all the time," Fason said. "He was like, 'Your time will come.' He told me just to be patient, go out there and do what I do and just work hard. That's what I've been doing."

It paid off Sunday when Fason replaced the injured Taylor and rushed for 75 yards on 11 carries with a touchdown in the Vikings' 23-13 loss at Chicago. Fason's attempts and yardage total were career highs. But not everything went according to plan. In the fourth quarter he was tackled in the end zone for a safety.

Taylor, who suffered bruised ribs in the second quarter and had to come out in the third because of the pain, remained on the sideline to offer his support. "The biggest thing is that when Ciatrick was out there playing, Chester was his biggest fan," said injured fullback Tony Richardson, who also has given Fason plenty of encouragement. "There is no dissension there."

Taylor likely will be listed as questionable today on the first injury report of the week for Sunday's game at Detroit. If Fason does assume the No. 1 job this week -- Mewelde Moore appears set in his role as the third-down back -- he certainly will turn to Taylor for more advice.

The two struck up a friendship during training camp and became even tighter when they were assigned to room together on road trips. Fason said they often discuss a variety of subjects, and that Taylor consults with him during games. "We just stick together," Fason said. "It feels good to know that Chester has rushed for 1,000 yards and he's asking me for advice."

I will post the article because I think you have to sign up to see the link. No clue who the qb is going to be at this time.

Thanks for the article. I am in bad shape at RB heading into the playoffs with Ronnie Brown on the shelf, so I picked up Fason (I watched him for a few years in Gainseville so I know he has talent). If Taylor can't go, I might be rolling with the former Gator!

I'm taking no chances. If Taylor sits, I've got Mewelde AND Fason waiting in the wings.

From everything I've seen, Memo has never been the 1st and 2nd down back this year. When CT was out, it was either Fason or Pinner. For now we have to assume it's Fason. And we know from Childress that the 1st and 2nd down back will get his 20+ touches.

CT owners...let's PRAY that Taylor sits out this week, and is ready to ride again in week 15 (Playoffs)!!

Has anyone noticed that CHester's numbers have steadily gotten better-look at Sunday, he was ripping Chicago's defense before he came out.

good article...I think if you have Chester the Defense Molester, you have to have Faison from here on out. Even with the vest, Chester is one hit away from a serious reaggravation. Minny has a great schedule too, so you want to have whoever gets the majority of the carries.

I'm taking no chances. If Taylor sits, I've got Mewelde AND Fason waiting in the wings.

From everything I've seen, Memo has never been the 1st and 2nd down back this year. When CT was out, it was either Fason or Pinner. For now we have to assume it's Fason. And we know from Childress that the 1st and 2nd down back will get his 20+ touches.

CT owners...let's PRAY that Taylor sits out this week, and is ready to ride again in week 15 (Playoffs)!!

Has anyone noticed that CHester's numbers have steadily gotten better-look at Sunday, he was ripping Chicago's defense before he came out.

acreed. I am on a bye this week, so I would rather he rest up and then come out in week 15 and seriously molest some defenses...

good article...I think if you have Chester the Defense Molester, you have to have Faison from here on out. Even with the vest, Chester is one hit away from a serious reaggravation. Minny has a great schedule too, so you want to have whoever gets the majority of the carries.

acreed. I am on a bye this week, so I would rather he rest up and then come out in week 15 and seriously molest some defenses...

Yeah Cortez...I had already clinched my playoff spot and all I wanted last Sunday was for the Molester not to get raped by Chicago's brutal D. And of course, they got him.

The key is for Minny to only start Chester if he is 95% - we just can't have him coming out of a game in the first quarter in a playoff week!!!

Bahh! Humbug!

I'm in a wildcard game this week, so I need Chester! I already lost Ronnie (plugged in Betts).

Now I have to figure out this mess.

I don't want to make a game time decision, and then have them split carries or some BS.

I could :

Play Chester

Play B. Jacobs.

PU and play Fason

or PU and play C. Houston

I only get 1 pickup and it has to occur tonight.

None of these gives me much optimism for my #1 RB.

Same here. Also have Mcgahee and C. Taylor with ribs problems. Hope the Viks just sit him for one week since next week is a meaningless game for me. I already make the playoff.

All you need is Tony Romo at QB and you would have the place for ribs. :cheers:

I dont know how you could pass up CHouston's matchup against BUF...

Bahh! Humbug!

I'm in a wildcard game this week, so I need Chester! I already lost Ronnie (plugged in Betts).

Now I have to figure out this mess.

I don't want to make a game time decision, and then have them split carries or some BS.

I could :

Play Chester

Play B. Jacobs.

PU and play Fason

or PU and play C. Houston

I only get 1 pickup and it has to occur tonight.

None of these gives me much optimism for my #1 RB.

You think?

So if I grab Houston, and find that Chester is playing, you'd still start Houston , even though Detroit is bad and has 3 of 4 Dlineman on IR?

Well first let me say - I am in the exact same position. I'm gonna have to feel VERY confident that Chester is playing healthy enough where one shot doesn't sideline him for me to play him.

Houston is risky - no doubt...but he has a great matchup (BUF is 29th against the run I believe) and hopefully Mangini gives him the rock 15+ times. He will get the GL carries too so that helps (if he splits time with LW that is).

It's not a decision I want to make today :cry:

But if Chester is out - Houston is in...

You think?

So if I grab Houston, and find that Chester is playing, you'd still start Houston , even though Detroit is bad and has 3 of 4 Dlineman on IR?