Sign in to follow this  
Sweetness_34

****RUMOR: Lions interested in Simeon Rice****

Found this rumor on the same bored as the Portis trade offer rumor by the Lions

http://www.nfl-fans.com/index.php?showtopic=86038

My opinion:

I can understand why the Lions would want Rice. The cover 2 does not work without pass rush from the front 4 only. Right now the Lions do not have that. And Rice is well known to the Lions coaching staff.

However, I think Rice is beyond his prime and not sure he can provide any production any more.....but it is the Lions so getting an over the hill player should not surprise anyone

still trying to cover your azz? :thumbsup:

this particular rumor is all over the place. rice loves marinelli, lions just hired rice's lb coach, rice is a free agent. this has been speculated on for about a year.

still trying to cover your azz? :banana:

this particular rumor is all over the place. rice loves marinelli, lions just hired rice's lb coach, rice is a free agent. this has been speculated on for about a year.

:thumbsup:

Well good for you if you know about it for a year. I just heard about it for the 1st time. Knock yourself out.

:thumbsup:

Well good for you if you know about it for a year. I just heard about it for the 1st time. Knock yourself out.

look: if you're willing to turn over a new leaf, we can bury the hatchet. turning over a new leaf means stop with the personal attacks and tourette's syndrome behavior; it also means acknowledging when others have a valid point--even though those posters may be packer, lion, or viking fans. it means stopping the starting of threads for express purpose of flaming (not that this one is, just saying most of yours are that way).

not that i can control what other posters do or say concerning you, but i'm willing to make a go of it on my end if you're up for it. that'd be one less person (me) you'd have to deal with on this board.

it's a new year. this will be a great opportunity.

deal?

Guest JahRasta311

My opinion:

I can understand why the Lions would want Rice. The cover 2 does not work without pass rush from the front 4 only. Right now the Lions do not have that. And Rice is well known to the Lions coaching staff.

However, I think Rice is beyond his prime and not sure he can provide any production any more.....but it is the Lions so getting an over the hill player should not surprise anyone

So the cover 2 doesnt work if you rush anyone besides the front 4?

So the cover 2 doesnt work if you rush anyone besides the front 4?

seriously: there is an important need to be able to put pressure on the qb with only the front 4 in cover 2.

on the other hand, i imagine just about any system is pretty successful if you put consistent pressure on the qb with only the front 4. so i understand what you're saying.

Guest JahRasta311

seriously: there is an important need to be able to put pressure on the qb with only the front 4 in cover 2.

on the other hand, i imagine just about any system is pretty successful if you put consistent pressure on the qb with only the front 4. so i understand what you're saying.

you mentioned something about a LB coach so I didn't think anything about Rice being a defensive end, so I got confused when he was talking about pressure from the front 4.

you mentioned something about a LB coach so I didn't think anything about Rice being a defensive end, so I got confused when he was talking about pressure from the front 4.

my bad. i was confusing him with brooks momentarily. the lions did hire barry, the bucs lb coach, the other day.

Guest JahRasta311

my bad. i was confusing him with brooks momentarily. the lions did hire barry, the bucs lb coach, the other day.

on a side note, how racist do your parents have to be to name you Simeon?

never thought of it that way...but good point.

look: if you're willing to turn over a new leaf, we can bury the hatchet. turning over a new leaf means stop with the personal attacks and tourette's syndrome behavior; it also means acknowledging when others have a valid point--even though those posters may be packer, lion, or viking fans. it means stopping the starting of threads for express purpose of flaming (not that this one is, just saying most of yours are that way).

not that i can control what other posters do or say concerning you, but i'm willing to make a go of it on my end if you're up for it. that'd be one less person (me) you'd have to deal with on this board.

it's a new year. this will be a great opportunity.

deal?

even though you essentially said "fock you" to this, sweetness, the offer can still be salvaged. it's up to you.

let the record show that sweetness behaved his teenaged, immature self--very true to form--and said no way to my olive branch :cheers:

Sorry, I have to step in here against better judgement.

You start a thread calling him out and trashing him as some teenager from another board. He proves you wrong and despite your pious claims yesterday about it being ok to admit it when one is wrong, you do no such thing. You then, instead of standing up, come across with some self righteous let's bury the hatchet spiel instead of just owning up to your mistake. When S34 tells you to stick it, you claim that he had a chance to grow up and blew it. Well news flash - you blew it as well as the adult thing would have been to just leave it as is. Instead you went on a 12 yr olds rant calling him every name in the book and are now patting yourself on the back for taking the high road.

Very Rich!

LMAO

You start a thread calling him out and trashing him as some teenager from another board. He proves you wrong and despite your pious claims yesterday about it being ok to admit it when one is wrong, you do no such thing. You then, instead of standing up, come across with some self righteous let's bury the hatchet spiel instead of just owning up to your mistake. When S34 tells you to stick it, you claim that he had a chance to grow up and blew it. Well news flash - you blew it as well as the adult thing would have been to just leave it as is. Instead you went on a 12 yr olds rant and are now patting yourself on the back for taking the high road.

Very Rich!

LMAO

Thanks Walter. Well put. What is funny is I even gave him tips to see if he was willing to see things the way most people do....of course he ignored it (like I predicted he would)

You start a thread calling him out and trashing him as some teenager from another board. He proves you wrong and despite your pious claims yesterday about it being ok to admit it when one is wrong, you do no such thing. You then, instead of standing up, come across with some self righteous let's bury the hatchet spiel instead of just owning up to your mistake. When S34 tells you to stick it, you claim that he had a chance to grow up and blew it. Well news flash - you blew it as well as the adult thing would have been to just leave it as is. Instead you went on a 12 yr olds rant calling him every name in the book and are now patting yourself on the back for taking the high road.

Very Rich!

LMAO

he didn't prove anything. he simply denied it. but if it will help, okay: i was wrong. i'll take sweet's word for it that the poster at the other board isn't him. there. the thread was an example of the things we both can avoid in the future. hence, the offer of the olive branch.

now. the original offer still stands.

and you're right about it being against your better judgment to stick your nose in here, walter, and defend the indefensible. not one of your better moments.

Thanks Walter. Well put. What is funny is I even gave him tips to see if he was willing to see things the way most people do....of course he ignored it (like I predicted he would)

i count walter....and walter....and walter as the only people who have come to your defense here.

the offer still stands. it's a new year. ball's in your court.

--i apologize for calling you immature

--i apologize for starting the thread

--i, taking your word at face value, apologize for being wrong that you were the same poster as the sweetness poster at scott wright's board.

--i apologizie for any non-football, personal attack i've made on you at any point in time on this board.

--i vow, with your mutual agreement to reciprocate in kind, not to personally engage you in name calling, flaming--and all that entails, including, but not limited to, starting bear threads that are designed to be nothing more than antagonistic.

the offer of the olive branch still stands. the ball's in your court :cheers:

Guest JahRasta311

yea it's kinda like naming a kid "Monkeigh"

yea it's kinda like naming a kid "Monkeigh"

do you remember howard cosell getting into all kinds of shiat for saying "look at that little monkey go!" on mnf back in the day? i think he was referring to art monk or someone like that.

Guest JahRasta311

do you remember howard cosell getting into all kinds of shiat for saying "look at that little monkey go!" on mnf back in the day? i think he was referring to art monk or someone like that.

haha yea that was awesome....i dont remember that personally cuz im too young for that but i heard about it and saw the clips.

haha yea that was awesome....i dont remember that personally cuz im too young for that but i heard about it and saw the clips.

and then there's jimmy the greek saying blacks were "breed for success" in football because of the breeding that took place during slavery.

they just don't make announcers like that anymore.

Guest JahRasta311

and then there's jimmy the greek saying blacks were "breed for success" in football because of the breeding that took place during slavery.

they just don't make announcers like that anymore.

well they do have an extra bone in their ankles.

well they do have an extra bone in their ankles.

his point was about the "muscles that go all the way up into their backs." claimed slave owners purposely bred them that way.

yeah, jimmy got fired over that one.

I have a friend who is a nurse and worked maternity for quite a while. When you got her going on what black women name their children she had everyone in stitches. She had to be the one to go explain to one black woman why it wasn't a good idea to name her daughter Vagina. Still makes me laugh. :doublethumbsup: :doublethumbsup:

I have a friend who is a nurse and worked maternity for quite a while. When you got her going on what black women name their children she had everyone in stitches. She had to be the one to go explain to one black woman why it wasn't a good idea to name her daughter Vagina. Still makes me laugh. :doublethumbsup: :doublethumbsup:

same kind of story: a person i know who works in health care said that a woman named her newborn son "orangello"...inspired by the words "orange jello" on the side of her dessert cup.

My opinion:

Are we really talking something LIONS here?? I thought this was a professional football board...

And seriously, are we really talking about the Lions?

Guest JahRasta311

Are we really talking something LIONS here?? I thought this was a professional football board...

And seriously, are we really talking about the Lions?

The Detroit Lions are a professional football team, Cheesedick, just not a very good one.

he didn't prove anything. he simply denied it. but if it will help, okay: i was wrong. i'll take sweet's word for it that the poster at the other board isn't him. there. the thread was an example of the things we both can avoid in the future. hence, the offer of the olive branch.

and you're right about it being against your better judgment to stick your nose in here, walter, and defend the indefensible. not one of your better moments.

i count walter....and walter....and walter as the only people who have come to your defense here.

--i, taking your word at face value, apologize for being wrong that you were the same poster as the sweetness poster at scott wright's board.

--i apologizie for any non-football, personal attack i've made on you at any point in time on this board.

--i vow, with your mutual agreement to reciprocate in kind, not to personally engage you in name calling, flaming--and all that entails, including, but not limited to, starting bear threads that are designed to be nothing more than antagonistic.

the offer of the olive branch still stands. the ball's in your court :)

:rolleyes:

the offer of the olive branch still stands. the ball's in your court :thumbsup:

response:

"Translated - I have been proven to be wrong again, but as always, I do not have the fortitude to accept it. While I claim it is better to accept I am wrong when I am, I do not ever do that because I am a hypocrite, in addition to being clueless, retarded, irrational and always armed with stupidity. That is why I am the most disrespected poster on this bored."--sweetness

hmm....i'll take that as a no :dunno:

a word of advice: right now, when your 15, all that hostility doesn't matter much--kinda like eating badly. but in a few years you're gonna have ulcers the size rex's hands if you keep this up.

back to the thread:

rice has a year left on his contract at $7 mill. there is no way the lions trade for that. they'll wait and see if he's released, but if not this isn't happening.

The Detroit Lions are a professional football team, Cheesedick, just not a very good one.

hehehe...just because they get paid, doesn't mean they're a professional team! Just look at Ohio State.. :rolleyes:

I know that you're disappointed that Ford didn't fire Millen and bring Webster's dad in to lead the team back to the "glory days", but hang in there it's only 50 years since the last Lions Championship so they're due soon...right?

Restore the roar!!!!

hehehe...just because they get paid, doesn't mean they're a professional team! Just look at Ohio State.. :lol:

I know that you're disappointed that Ford didn't fire Millen and bring Webster's dad in to lead the team back to the "glory days", but hang in there it's only 50 years since the last Lions Championship so they're due soon...right?

Restore the roar!!!!

actually, technically speaking, getting paid and making a living at something does qualify you as being a "professonial" of that profession. i understand what you're saying, though.

it also means acknowledging when others have a valid point--even though those posters may be packer, lion, or viking fans. it means stopping the starting of threads for express purpose of flaming (not that this one is, just saying most of yours are that way).

Hey Pot, kettle called. He wanted to call you black...and then talk about the Tigers.

Hey Pot, kettle called. He wanted to call you black...and then talk about the Tigers.

six weeks until spring training :P

Guest JahRasta311

hehehe...just because they get paid, doesn't mean they're a professional team! Just look at Ohio State.. :P

Restore the roar!!!!

I'm not a Lions fan, you're just an idiot.

Poor Detroit fans. :banana:

It a wonder that they havent burned the ownership at the stake. :P

I'm not a Lions fan, you're just an idiot.

and apparently over sensitive...lighten up baby, or check out www.imwaytooseriousaboutstuffthatsfun.com :lol:

Guest JahRasta311

and apparently over sensitive...lighten up baby, or check out www.imwaytooseriousaboutstuffthatsfun.com :)

dead link.

taught in Detroit how's this for names;

Zsanquainta

Princess

Precious

and my favorite

Placebo, cause mama heard the nurses saying that name in the room next door and thought it was sweet

Oh and I think signing Rice would be good for the Lions (see Swampys earlier post on fixing Lions)

He brings leadership if nothing else

taught in Detroit how's this for names;

Zsanquainta

Princess

Precious

and my favorite

Placebo, cause mama heard the nurses saying that name in the room next door and thought it was sweet

Oh and I think signing Rice would be good for the Lions (see Swampys earlier post on fixing Lions)

He brings leadership if nothing else

:first: :pointstosky:

that takes first price in the name contest. absolutely crassic.