Sign in to follow this  
t.j

Pats @ Chargers

Best team of the regular season this year vs the best playoff team in recent history. Two dominant, aggressive 3-4 defenses. Two head coaches that have been around a long time and won a lot of games (although if I'm a Charger fan I'm scared to death of Schottenheimer v Belichick in the playoffs). I expect the Pats to be extra aggressive in an effort to make someone other than LT beat them. Brady faces another tough road test after the tough game in Denver last year.

Guest JahRasta311

Best team of the regular season this year vs the best playoff team in recent history. Two dominant, aggressive 3-4 defenses. Two head coaches that have been around a long time and won a lot of games (although if I'm a Charger fan I'm scared to death of Schottenheimer v Belichick in the playoffs). I expect the Pats to be extra aggressive in an effort to make someone other than LT beat them. Brady faces another tough road test after the tough game in Denver last year.

Schottenheimer doesn't play a position and he doesn't call plays....

Notwithstanding their home team status, will SD even be favored?

Guest JahRasta311

Notwithstanding their home team status, will SD even be favored?

Yes

Guest JahRasta311

What opening line would you predict?

SD -4.5 would be my guess.

Guest JahRasta311

My guess is SD will be favored by 6.

NE Defensive line took over the game late. SD better not have to lean on Rivers...

Methinks that the NE defense might have to commit more guys to the run against LT more so than with Leon Washington. Rivers will find more passing room than Pennerton.

I can see SD being a slight favorite in the opening line.

However, I'd be surprised if by kickoff it wasn't at least a pick'em or NE slightly favored.

just checked WSEX.com for the line

NEW ENGLAND +4.5

OVER 47.0

SAN DIEGO -4.5

UNDER 47.0

Was surprised that SD was only getting 4.5

I'd guess SD will be a 4.5 favorite.

As a Pats fan, I know that NE has their hands full next week but honestly, I'd rather be facing SD than BAL.

Marty, a young QB, and a defense that has given up lots of points on occasion... I just think that's a better matchup for NE.

BAL's defense is staunch... best in the league... and I don't know that NE's offense is clicking enough to put up the points on 'em. For my money, BAL is the team to beat in the AFC.

and after the win over the Jets, it's all officially gravy for NE this year.

Win the AFC east, make the playoffs... and after I saw it was a first round against the Jets; Beat the Jets. Those were my expectations. This season has now officially been a success for NE. They have a legit shot to go all the way (more than I ever imagined at the beginning of the year) and they are poised to be even better next year.

I can see SD being a slight favorite in the opening line.

However, I'd be surprised if by kickoff it wasn't at least a pick'em or NE slightly favored.

:cheers:

SD deserves to be. They've been one of only a few "complete" teams in the nfl (Off., Def, Sp.T).\

And though I'm sure it will be lockerroom bulletin board material for NE... 8 probowlers to 1.

Oh sure you're a Charger fan now that the Raiders suck :lol:

I'm not a Charger fan, douchebag. :cheers: Whoever wins this game, I'll be rooting against them in the AFC Championship.

Oh sure you're a Charger fan now that the Raiders suck :cheers:

you may have him mixed up with a different douche! :lol:

What opening line would you predict?

01/14/07 107 Patriots(NewEngland) OFF +4.5 Over 47

Buy Points:

16:35 ET 108 Chargers(SanDiego) OFF -4.5 Under 47

If I didn't friggin' despise both of these organizations... I'd put money on NE right now before the line changes.

As was said above... the line will gradually move as more money is bet through the week.

The Chargers should be favoured. I'm surprised they didnt set the line a bit higher to get the NE money flowing on the heals of todays win. The Bolts are the #1 seed for a reason. They have only had 2 3pt losses all year, both on the road to fellow playoff teams.

Bolts 34 Pats 24

Cleveland will be watching....

battle of former browns coaching rejects turned good...

the pats will rout this one....when they kill the run..thats it..marty will have to start coaching and he cant in the playoffs...

pats by 8...

Guest JahRasta311

The Chargers should be favoured. I'm surprised they didnt set the line a bit higher to get the NE money flowing on the heals of todays win. The Bolts are the #1 seed for a reason. They have only had 2 3pt losses all year, both on the road to fellow playoff teams.

Bolts 34 Pats 24

the bolts are favored, dork.

Bolts 35, Pats 17.

you heard it here.

By chance the Colts beat Baltimore on Saturday - I will <gulp> be rooting for the Patriots.

Say it isn't so! <_<

the bolts are favored, dork.

Bolts 35, Pats 17.

you heard it here.

yeah, he knows that dork.

If you could read, you'd realize that he was saying the line should be higher.

and then you go on to predict 35 to 17 <_<

Guest JahRasta311

By chance the Colts beat Baltimore on Saturday - I will <gulp> be rooting for the Patriots.

Say it isn't so! <_<

lol cuz you know SD will crush Indy again?

lol cuz you know SD will crush Indy again?

Uh no. It's so we will have home field.

I expected the Chargers to be favored by 4. They get 3 for being at home, then a point for having a better record and being the #1 seed.

I think it will be a tough game for both teams. In the end, I think Rivers will cost them the game and the Patriots will go to the AFC Champioship game.

Guest JahRasta311

I expected the Chargers to be favored by 4. They get 3 for being at home, then a point for having a better record and being the #1 seed.

I think it will be a tough game for both teams. In the end, I think Rivers will cost them the game and the Patriots will go to the AFC Champioship game.

:D

Brady had 3 more picks than Rivers this season...Brady is more likely to cost someone the game if anyone.

:lol:

Brady had 3 more picks than Rivers this season...Brady is more likely to cost someone the game if anyone.

I was poised to challenge the statistical significance of this, but their regular season passing attempts were fairly even (516/Brady & 460/Rivers).

If the Bolts D can get to Brady like the Fins did back in December (21-0 & the highlight of my season, as a Phinfan), you may have a point here.

ETA: Brady had zero ints in that game, but he and Cassel each fumbled and were sacked for a total of 5 times.

yeah, he knows that dork.

If you could read, you'd realize that he was saying the line should be higher.

and then you go on to predict 35 to 17 :lol:

yeah dork!

Guest JahRasta311

The Chargers should be favoured.

I was just correcting you.

yeah dork!

dooon't yews Canaydeeeyens spell it "dourque"?

your knot smaht.

also bigger boat.

Let me get this straight.... You think that a QB that has led his team to 3 Super Bowl titles and is 11-1 in post season play is more likely to cost his team this game than a QB playing in his first playoff game??? This, and many other comments of yours that I've read, just proves that being a "geek" on this board doesn't mean that you have to know sh*t about football.

Guest JahRasta311

Let me get this straight.... You think that a QB that has led his team to 3 Super Bowl titles and is 11-1 in post season play is more likely to cost his team this game than a QB playing in his first playoff game??? This, and many other comments of yours that I've read, just proves that being a "geek" on this board doesn't mean that you have to know sh*t about football.

Just because he's the QB doesn't mean he led that team. The defense led that team to those 3 titles, and Brady doesn't have the receivers he used to. Bring me more dumb fuckin stats like that and I will come up with a way to turn them into ###### all day, geek.

correcting what? You have some reading comprehension issues. I was reiterating that the chargers should be favoured to those that were saying it should be a pickem or smaller spread.

WAKE UP!

How do their playoff statistics matchup?

Just because he's the QB doesn't mean he led that team. The defense led that team to those 3 titles, and Brady doesn't have the receivers he used to. Bring me more dumb fuckin stats like that and I will come up with a way to turn them into ###### all day, geek.

Ummm...you are an idiot.

The defense did not lead him to all 3 titles...he had a whole lot to do with them as well.

That is all.

Guest JahRasta311

correcting what? You have some reading comprehension issues. I was reiterating that the chargers should be favoured to those that were saying it should be a pickem or smaller spread.

WAKE UP!

What you said: Chargers should be favored

The Truth: Chargers are favored

WAKE UP!