Sign in to follow this  
boogaloobboy

All you Big Ten chumps step up now.....

The conference is a joke, and the Heisman winner is a joke. Florida is absolutely emberassing your "dominant" Ohio State team, further proof the SEC laps the field in terms of football.

The conference is a joke, and the Heisman winner is a joke. Florida is absolutely emberassing your "dominant" Ohio State team, further proof the SEC laps the field in terms of football.

:(

I'm a big believer in the SEC being the best conference top to bottom in college football.

That being said, there's another half of football to be played.......

Florida is not my team. My team BEAT Florida. Something Ohio State is obviously incapable of doing. They are a disgrace, I'd have rather seen Boise get a shot. Is it so hard to admit that the conference was greatly overated and Troy Smith couldn't be a ballboy in the SEC?

Florida is not my team. My team BEAT Florida. Something Ohio State is obviously incapable of doing. They are a disgrace, I'd have rather seen Boise get a shot. Is it so hard to admit that the conference was greatly overated and Troy Smith couldn't be a ballboy in the SEC?

Do you have to be so over the top? Your statements are ridiculous. Just say that Florida looks like the better team so far and leave it at that.

I don't understand this Board's obsession this year with the non-stop trashing of everything. The all-or-nothing thinking gets old.

I don't understand this Board's obsession this year with the non-stop trashing of everything. The all-or-nothing thinking gets old.

:( I think the trashing of other's teams is half the fun of these boreds. Here's to mocking the losing team. :headbanger:

:pointstosky: I think the trashing of other's teams is half the fun of these boreds. Here's to mocking the losing team. :wub:

It's not too bad in moderation.....unfortunately it's become what about 70% of the threads are all about. I don't even mind it too much except for all the all-or-nothing statements. Either a player is a god or he sucks according to most when in reality most players are really somewhere in between.

As I have already stated, Big Ten 2-0 against SEC teams in the bowl games. Florida surely looks strong here and I would assume they are going to win. They came to play tonight. What more can be said. If Florida wins then the Big Ten will still be 2-1 against the great SEC.

As I have already stated, Big Ten 2-0 against SEC teams in the bowl games. Florida surely looks strong here and I would assume they are going to win. They came to play tonight. What more can be said. If Florida wins then the Big Ten will still be 2-1 against the great SEC.

Nicely done. And let's not mention OSU is without one of the biggest playmakers in the sport.

Nicely done. And let's not mention OSU is without one of the biggest playmakers in the sport.

Please hold all excuses until the ride has come to a complete stop.

I will agree now with all of the Michigan fans....this probably would have been a better game had they been given a second chance.

Look at it as a whole. If Florida wins then the SEC will be 6 - 3 in bowl games. The Big 10 will be 2 - 5, including Ohio St and Meechigan going down.

Michigan's only big wins came against Notre Dame, a team USC and LSU both demolished and Wisconsin. Ohio St beat Texas and Michigan coming into this game. Wisconsin although only lost once hadn't beaten anyone until they beat Arkansas in their bowl game. Between the top 3 Big 10 teams, they only had 5 big wins (2 against one another).

Florida beat LSU, Arkansas, and Tennessee coming into tonight. LSU beat Tennessee, Arkansas and Notre Dame. Arkansas played 5 games against teams that were ranked in the top 10 when they played them (although they were 1-4 against them).

Please don't try to claim a 2-1 head to head bowl record would mean the Big 10 was a better conference. I would still argue the SEC was better even if Ohio St. somehow came back to win tonights game.

Look at it as a whole. If Florida wins then the SEC will be 6 - 3 in bowl games. The Big 10 will be 2 - 5, including Ohio St and Meechigan going down.

Michigan's only big wins came against Notre Dame, a team USC and LSU both demolished and Wisconsin. Ohio St beat Texas and Michigan coming into this game. Wisconsin although only lost once hadn't beaten anyone until they beat Arkansas in their bowl game. Between the top 3 Big 10 teams, they only had 5 big wins (2 against one another).

Florida beat LSU, Arkansas, and Tennessee coming into tonight. LSU beat Tennessee, Arkansas and Notre Dame. Arkansas played 5 games against teams that were ranked in the top 10 when they played them (although they were 1-4 against them).

Please don't try to claim a 2-1 head to head bowl record would mean the Big 10 was a better conference. I would still argue the SEC was better even if Ohio St. somehow came back to win tonights game.

It's funny that you include Tennessee in big Floriday and Lsu victories but not Penn state for the Big Ten teams...

Penn state > Tennessee

I guess it shows people's biases when the form arguments :dunno:

SEC laps the field hahah.....I recall the Championship game last year ...with 2 great teams and it being 1 of the best games ever......no SEC teams....

Florida came to play tonight.....OSU hasnt.....but if Im not mistaken we have a championship for the 2 best teams not the 2 best conf., this is why NCAA B-Ball rules and NCAA Football sucks....no one cares about your conf. If you win it your in the playoff and can prove that you belong there by beating teams from power conf.

It's funny that you include Tennessee in big Floriday and Lsu victories but not Penn state for the Big Ten teams...

Penn state > Tennessee

I guess it shows people's biases when the form arguments :dunno:

I included Tennessee because they were ranked all season. Penn St was not. We can argue all night. Just have a freakin playoff and the arguements will be over.

Just remember 6-3 versus 2-5. SEC national champion. Big 10 top two teams lose in bowl games.

Good night.

As ole coal miner Pappy told me once...Big Ten is for Football Players...SEC is for Flower Planters...Florida doesn't even belong in this game...(although they are kickin ass)....

This is the dumbest comment I've seen in regards to this game. Why didn't Florida belong in this game? Obviously they did...

Again, a poor comparison as to saying which conference is better. I'd give the nod to the SEC since the national champion is from said conference.

.... :D .....yea thats worth 27 points....give it up

Please hold all excuses until the ride has come to a complete stop.

I will agree now with all of the Michigan fans....this probably would have been a better game had they been given a second chance.

Michigan had their chance and lost yet again. No need to rehash the tired argument.

I included Tennessee because they were ranked all season. Penn St was not. We can argue all night. Just have a freakin playoff and the arguements will be over.

Just remember 6-3 versus 2-5. SEC national champion. Big 10 top two teams lose in bowl games.

Good night.

At least other cats on this board (t.j., etc) had the sac to show some SEC love prior to, well, today, at the half...

And nice argument, btw -- Bowl games define conference power

Overall, yes, SEC is ahead in that respect, but head-to-head, not so much. It's a flawed argument. You're talking out both sides of your mouth. :D

All in all, I give FLA their props no doubt. (But I still want a playoff)

:D

I didnt realize that wisconsin lost to arkansas.... :D

oh wait....thats right...

they didnt....

and wisconsin wouldve beaten OSU had they been scheduled this year...the badgers havent lost to them since 2002 or so...

that wouldve jumbled this up even worse....

cheer up troy smith...andre ware just called and says not to worry..that heisman will lead to bigger and better times....

I love when Steeler fans talk out of both sides of their mouth. Cut the excuses Murf.

..that heisman will lead to bigger and better times....

Maybe if he sells it on Ebay and buys some crack

I didnt realize that wisconsin lost to arkansas.... :D

oh wait....thats right...

they didnt....

and wisconsin wouldve beaten OSU had they been scheduled this year...the badgers havent lost to them since 2002 or so...

that wouldve jumbled this up even worse....

cheer up troy smith...andre ware just called and says not to worry..that heisman will lead to bigger and better times....

Ugghhh Wisconsin? Florida might have put up 60 on the badgers.

Ugghhh Wisconsin? Florida might have put up 60 on the badgers.

And your basis for this statement? Hmm, let's see, Ark put up 28 on Fla in the SEC Championship game and 14 in the bowl vs WI. So, if Ark can only put up 14 on the Badgers vs 28 on Fla, what is your basis for saying that Fla would put up 60? Based on what we saw tonight, the only logical conclusion is that the Badger D was better than the OSU D. I won't bother you with facts like the Badger D was top 3 in most D catagories this year.

And your basis for this statement? Hmm, let's see, Ark put up 28 on Fla in the SEC Championship game and 14 in the bowl vs WI. So, if Ark can only put up 14 on the Badgers vs 28 on Fla, what is your basis for saying that Fla would put up 60? Based on what we saw tonight, the only logical conclusion is that the Badger D was better than the OSU D. I won't bother you with facts like the Badger D was top 3 in most D catagories this year.

What Florida did against ARK and what WIS did agianst ARK have no correlation whatsoever other than to provide you with some usless stat to try to makle a claim. Based on what we saw tonight, Florida would have wrecked every team in the Big Ten. End of story move on....

What Florida did against ARK and what WIS did agianst ARK have no correlation whatsoever other than to provide you with some usless stat to try to makle a claim. Based on what we saw tonight, Florida would have wrecked every team in the Big Ten. End of story move on....

I guess the fact that WI was top 3 in the nation in most D catagories this year was lost on you.

I guess the fact that WI was top 3 in the nation in most D catagories this year was lost on you.

And I guess the fact that they ran up those great defensive stats on half ass big ten offenses the likes of which Florida made a joke of tonite is irrelevant right?

yay!! thanks to no tourney..we'll never focking know...

what a waste...

i wasnt knocking florida..

just was pointing out that wisconsin is 1 of the few schools to have a winning streak vs ohio state...

and no way florida could score 60..not with the badgers D..their discipline..running the ball to kill the clock etc..

again..a moot point..but dont insult UW by comparing them to OSU...the badgers won THEIR bowl game..the only reason UW wasnt in the gayass bcs is 3 teams from 1 conference cant make it..

i dont even care for hoops and im glued to that tourney...

i love football and this sucks..all of it..

And I guess the fact that they ran up those great defensive stats on half ass big ten offenses the likes of which Florida made a joke of tonite is irrelevant right?

Yes, I will give a year's worth of stats more credibility than what may have been a 1 game aberration tonight. Same argument you are making about the fact that WI shut down Ark. You are saying that WI/Ark is a 1 game abberation yet, in the same breath saying that the 1 game tonight is proof that Fla would have put up 60 on WI. Weak buddy, just weak. :doublethumbsup:

Enjoy you National Championship but don't come in here with stupid crap like Fla would have put up 60 on WI and then continue to ignore that WI was top 3 in the nation in most D catagories and not expect to get called on it. Especially when they shut down Ark who put up twice as many pts vs Fla as they did vs WI.

Well no one from the Big Ten should ever complain if they don't make the BCS because half of the problem with the already vastly over-rated conference is that they don't even play all of the other teams. Perhaps if they had a conference championship like the other conferences (another game that would actually put one of their teams in danger to lose, god forbid) then the badgers would be in.

Well no one from the Big Ten should ever complain if they don't make the BCS because half of the problem with the already vastly over-rated conference is that they don't even play all of the other teams. Perhaps if they had a conference championship like the other conferences (another game that would actually put one of their teams in danger to lose, god forbid) then the badgers would be in.

Are you trying to tell me that all the teams in the SEC play each other? Laughable. And diss'ing the BT because they don't? You are getting more pathetic with each stupid post. The only reason WI did not make the BCS is becuase the BCS has a rule that no more than 2 teams from 1 conference are allowed BCS bowls.

But, we are getting off target here. Did you look up the D stats? Do you stand by your statement that Fla would have put up 60 on WI?

Yes, I will give a year's worth of stats more credibility than what may have been a 1 game aberration tonight. Same argument you are making about the fact that WI shut down Ark. You are saying that WI/Ark is a 1 game abberation yet, in the same breath saying that the 1 game tonight is proof that Fla would have put up 60 on WI. Weak buddy, just weak. :dunno:

Enjoy you National Championship but don't come in here with stupid crap like Fla would have put up 60 on WI and then continue to ignore that WI was top 3 in the nation in most D catagories and not expect to get called on it. Especially when they shut down Ark who put up twice as many pts vs Fla as they did vs WI.

:dunno:

Thanks for saving me the time of typing that. Some people make retarded azz arguments on this board. All this proves is that on any given day you don't know which "team" will show up -- For instance, "USC" vs Michigan, or "USC" vs UCLA -- Hence the need for a tourney.