Sign in to follow this  
SUXBNME

Skill Testing Questions

Don't tell me I'm wrong. I don't care if you pull 3 socks out or not, it's still not a match.

:dunno: :dunno:

Don't tell me I'm wrong. I don't care if you pull 3 socks out or not, it's still not a match.

Would that be a set of socks?

You and your game are wrong on both counts.

1. Already been argued. A "pair of twins" could as equally be a "pair of twins," which is two sets of twins.

2. I don't get this argument on length/width ratio. It could be 1000 feet in length, one foot in diameter. It is not relevant. :lol:

OK...I concede...On #2, anyways. You are taking the question literally, as fas as how long it takes to make each cut. I was taking the question with common sense. Obviously it would take longer to cut it length wise if it was 1000 feet, but the question states "each cut only takes 1 minute". It does not give parameters for length and width. just "each cut takes 1 min." Therefore, you are correct. :dunno:

On the twins deal, though, you are confusing how we commonly say things, versus what they really mean.

I will stand up for this one :dunno:

Consider the following:

I am a twin. The singular.

We are twins. The plural.

We are a pair of twins. The redundent. Has no meaning, incorrect English.

Therefore, a pair of twins must mean 4. Game, set, match.

BTW, this is the first argument that cannot be solved by titties. I had always believed a Homer S thought "titties, is there anything they can't do?" Titties :dunno:

Unless you have some sort of magical saw, the 1000 ft cut will take a longer time than a 1 ft cut. I think the implication that cuts take 1 minute is to suggest the cuts will all be of the same length...thus leading to the answer of 9.

I understand your argument. I also read that no such limits were placed on distance; rather specifically they were placed on time. Do you understand that by your very argument, the answer is 8, not 9? :dunno:

How bout this one: You're trying to get to Truthtown. You come to a fork in the road. One road leads to Truthtown (where everyone tells the truth), the other to Liartown (where everyone lies). At the fork is a man from one of those towns -- but which one? You get to ask him one question to discover the way. What's the question?

I understand your argument. I also read that no such limits were placed on distance; rather specifically they were placed on time. Do you understand that by your very argument, the answer is 8, not 9? :dunno:

How do you get 8? :dunno:

How do you get 8? :dunno:

On the keyboard, the 8 is very close to the 9, hence his "typo" :lol:

How bout this one: You're trying to get to Truthtown. You come to a fork in the road. One road leads to Truthtown (where everyone tells the truth), the other to Liartown (where everyone lies). At the fork is a man from one of those towns -- but which one? You get to ask him one question to discover the way. What's the question?

I have heard this, or something like this before...let me put on my thinking hat and attempt this....Good job :dunno:

that's an old one, how bout this one ...

I go to a party with my wife. When we get there, four other couples arrive at the same time. We all know each other, so we all greet each other. A greeting can be a handshake, a kiss, a bj, or whatever. When everyone is done I ask everyone how many times they shook another person's hand. All answers I get are different. Given that nobody greets their own spouse, how many d!cks did my wife suck?

How do you get 8? :blink:

Simple. I'm looking at segmentations, not segments. And I am drunk. And heading to bed. Have a good night all. :)

I stand by everything else. :cheers:

Which way do you live?

If he is from Liartown, he will point toward Truthtown.

If he is from Truthtown he will point toward Truthtown.

Sux yous gonna talk bout dem three books, that right?

Only if someone besides Regans, Starbucks, or Powerhouse calls me :cheers:

Simple. I'm looking at segmentations, not segments. And I am drunk. And heading to bed. Have a good night all. :)

I stand by everything else. :cheers:

Oh, segmentations! Well, of course! Why didn't you just say so from the beginning? It's perfectly clear now! :blink:

I understand your argument. I also read that no such limits were placed on distance; rather specifically they were placed on time. Do you understand that by your very argument, the answer is 8, not 9? :cheers:

It would be impossible to make 8 cuts into something and have 10 pieces. The answer is 9 because after the ninth cut, you have 10 pieces remaining.

Medically speaking, when twins are born, they are referred to as a pair. This could easily get mixed up in common vocabulary where people may think that twins are actually a unit and a pair would then consist of 2 of that unit. Thats a trick question. More so then the log question in which the answer in undebatable

Only if someone besides Regans, Starbucks, or Powerhouse calls me :blink:

Oh, I get it :cheers:

I thought you just had this compulsion to share about the books.

Stop thinking you're an idiot and I'm miss smarty pants or something, do I really give off that vibe?

note to jk incase he reads this: this is all still not code for focking.

that's an old one, how bout this one ...

I go to a party with my wife. When we get there, four other couples arrive at the same time. We all know each other, so we all greet each other. A greeting can be a handshake, a kiss, a bj, or whatever. When everyone is done I ask everyone how many times they shook another person's hand. All answers I get are different. Given that nobody greets their own spouse, how many d!cks did my wife suck?

Are the couples gay or straight?

Oh, I get it :cheers:

I thought you just had this compulsion to share about the books.

Stop thinking you're an idiot and I'm miss smarty pants or something, do I really give off that vibe?

note to jk incase he reads this: this is all still not code for focking.

No, you do not at all :)

I know i'm not an idiot, but the first rule of verbal (or in this case, forum) warfare, is : If you can't make fun of yourself, then you should not make fun of others. In case you missed it, I like making fun of others :blink:

I do have to do a new book review, though. The books were:

1: The Last Nazi

2: Exact Revenge

3: Merger

(Actually, I haven't finished merger yet..too much football this weekend..100 pages or so to go)

No, you do not at all :)

I know i'm not an idiot, but the first rule of verbal (or in this case, forum) warfare, is : If you can't make fun of yourself, then you should not make fun of others. In case you missed it, I like making fun of others :blink:

I do have to do a new book review, though. The books were:

1: The Last Nazi

2: Exact Revenge

3: Merger

(Actually, I haven't finished merger yet..too much football this weekend..100 pages or so to go)

That strangely makes sense :cheers:

Is The Merger engaging so far?

That strangely makes sense :cheers:

Is The Merger engaging so far?

Very much so :thumbsup:

It's about a corporate "criminal" who is a descendent from India, his company, his aquisitions, and how he goes about life trying to make more money than he needs.

One of the interesting aspects of the book is about how he "americanizes himself", let still loathes americans for their "looking down" upon him because of his race.

The authors name is Sanjay Sanghoee, so I assume that this might give you some insight as to how his writing style reflects upon how the main characters feelings torwards the US. :lol:

Still, the book takes you into some of the shady dealings that I'm sure happen all the time in corporate america.

So far, on the beer can scale, I give it an 8 out of 10 crushed can rating.

Very much so :thumbsup:

It's about a corporate "criminal" who is a descendent from India, his company, his aquisitions, and how he goes about life trying to make more money than he needs.

One of the interesting aspects of the book is about how he "americanizes himself", let still loathes americans for their "looking down" upon him because of his race.

The authors name is Sanjay Sanghoee, so I assume that this might give you some insight as to how his writing style reflects upon how the main characters feelings torwards the US. :cheers:

Still, the book takes you into some of the shady dealings that I'm sure happen all the time in corporate america.

So far, on the beer can scale, I give it an 8 out of 10 crushed can rating.

That sounds interesting, it's a different kind of subject (personally) to get into, so the newness there could be a good thing. Thanks for the reviews.