27 Baltimore - Tony Ugoh OT Arkansas

28 San Diego - Robert Meachem WR Tennessee

29 New Orleans - Patrick Willis LB Mississippi

30 New England - Leon Hall CB Michigan

31 Indianapolis - Paul Posluszny LB Penn State

32 Chicago - Justin Blalock OG Texas

26 Philadelphia - Charles Johnson DE Georgia

Would Philthy lean Wr if they don't sign Stallworth? :lol:

Philly is up there with the Pats on teams that are really hard to project. Every year but two (of eight), Reid has gone line with his first pick. One of those two was McNabb and the other was Freddie Mitchell. Other than Mitchell and TO, which both obviously left a bad taste in his mouth, Reid has not put a premium on the position, as far as first round picks or big FA money. Stallworth was a late acquisition, he was ready to head in to the season with Brown as his number one. This draft is pretty stacked with elite WR prospects this year, so I wouldn't rule it out, b/c there should be one of 6 or 7 guys who should all grade out pretty high.

This pick is predicated on two things: that Juqua Thomas will get more money than he's worth from someone else after a breakout season in the Eagles rotation and that there will be concerns about Jevon Kearse. Even if Kearse is back by camp from his massive knee injury, he's 31 and hasn't had a double-digit sacks or played 16 games in six years. Johnson reminds me a bit of Hugh Douglass, too.

where is Woodley projected to go? just curious, thanks

I've seen Woodley projected as a first round pick in some mocks, but that was before the underclassmen declared. A lot will depend on how he tests out. Like Charles Johnson, he's a bit shorter than ideal for an end, so Woodley will help himself if he shows speed and quickness to play 3-4 OLB, in which case someone like the Pats, who are likely in the market to add some youth at LB and have two first round picks, could reach for him there. It's a really deep DE class, with a few of those guys tweeners, so how he tests will determine where he falls in the packs, but he s/b a Day One pick.

TB and Minny would pass on Quinn?...I doubt it. They both have young guys, but guys that are very raw and didn't or don't expect much from in the long haul.

Well since the Pats lost...it's time for draft talk.

I'd really like to see them use both #1's on defense...specifically defensive playmakers and definetly at last one in the secondary. They could also use a big time front seven pass rusher. If they could get one that other teams have to account for it could really help guys like Vrabel, Colvin, Warren and Seymour.

So, that means I like the positions of the two guys you have selected for them but would you say these guys have big play ability?

TB and Minny would pass on Quinn?...I doubt it. They both have young guys, but guys that are very raw and didn't or don't expect much from in the long haul.

Minny definitely would. They have no reason to give up on Tavaris Jackson. So then they have a vet and money tied up in two raw, young players, but still with no receivers who can consistently catch the ball?

TB would be a surprise...especially if they passed on Calvin Johnson to do it. Both Joe Thomas and Calvin Johnson seem more likley picks, DLine too. Gruden is similar to Martz in never having seen the need to get a high-profile QB in the first to execute their offense, and GM Bruce Allen has never drafted a QB in the first going back to his Raider days. I don't see it. They can't get up to the podium fast enough for either Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson if they are there for them.

So, that means I like the positions of the two guys you have selected for them but would you say these guys have big play ability?

A lot of people have Leon Hall as the top CB in the draft, but most reports expect his timed speed to disappoint a bit and he'll be pigeon-holed for Cover 2 type defenses. Work ethic and fundamentals are solid, two things Belichick values. It's questionable if he'll be there, but I think he fits the Pats profile at a position of need if he is.

Moss is a tweener who broke out as a situational pass rusher last year and was solid, although didn't improve his TFL and sack numbers playing full-time, this year. He'll probably be helped by being a bit of workout warrior, which isn't something the Pats overvalue, so I'm iffy on that pick. This class is pretty deep with quality DE prospects and a good number are tweeners, so I expect one of them (Moss, Quentin Moses, Lamar Woodley, Victor Abiamiri) to be a pick here.

Of course, no one is harder to project than the Pats. Would anyone be completely shocked if they traded their two picks up to draft Brady Quinn? One guy to keep an eye on is Eric Weddle. This guy did everything at Utah: run, catch, safety, corner, returner, etc. Blue-collar overachiever, but projects to still have decent measurables to make him a Day One pick. This guy has Belichick player written all over him. Dan Bauzin out of Central Michigan is another. He was pretty impressive in the Shrine Game yesterday, but in a deep DE class, has a lot of guys from big programs to compete with to be a Day One pick. Another complete Belichick guy.

A lot of people have Leon Hall as the top CB in the draft, but most reports expect his timed speed to disappoint a bit and he'll be pigeon-holed for Cover 2 type defenses. Work ethic and fundamentals are solid, two things Belichick values. It's questionable if he'll be there, but I think he fits the Pats profile at a position of need if he is.

Moss is a tweener who broke out as a situational pass rusher last year and was solid, although didn't improve his TFL and sack numbers playing full-time, this year. He'll probably be helped by being a bit of workout warrior, which isn't something the Pats overvalue, so I'm iffy on that pick. This class is pretty deep with quality DE prospects and a good number are tweeners, so I expect one of them (Moss, Quentin Moses, Lamar Woodley, Victor Abiamiri) to be a pick here.

Of course, no one is harder to project than the Pats. Would anyone be completely shocked if they traded their two picks up to draft Brady Quinn? One guy to keep an eye on is Eric Weddle. This guy did everything at Utah: run, catch, safety, corner, returner, etc. Blue-collar overachiever, but projects to still have decent measurables to make him a Day One pick. This guy has Belichick player written all over him. Dan Bauzin out of Central Michigan is another. He was pretty impressive in the Shrine Game yesterday, but in a deep DE class, has a lot of guys from big programs to compete with to be a Day One pick. Another complete Belichick guy.

Agreed that the Pats are very difficult to project. Actually they're impossible. As an aside BB is now tight with Urban Meyer. Not sure that means he'll be drafting Florida/SEC guys but I do know in the past he has drafted guys that played for Pat Hill and Nick Saban who are also pals with BB.

Minny definitely would. They have no reason to give up on Tavaris Jackson. So then they have a vet and money tied up in two raw, young players, but still with no receivers who can consistently catch the ball?

TB would be a surprise...especially if they passed on Calvin Johnson to do it. Both Joe Thomas and Calvin Johnson seem more likley picks, DLine too. Gruden is similar to Martz in never having seen the need to get a high-profile QB in the first to execute their offense, and GM Bruce Allen has never drafted a QB in the first going back to his Raider days. I don't see it. They can't get up to the podium fast enough for either Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson if they are there for them.

I don't buy Jackson, He is way too raw and I saw nothing good out of him this year in the time he played, I mean even high rated passers take 2-3 years to come along, a kid as raw as him could take forever or really never. Johnson is done he just doesn't have it anymore. The Vikes drafted T Will and got nothing I doubt they draft Jarrett (see Lions)....Im not the biggest Quinn fan but with so many teams liek Clev. Det. Minny. TB. without a solid future at QB and really nothing (id say the best QB out of these teams in Kitna :dunno: ) that being said one I would think would jump all over Quinn unless he really stinks in workouts and his stock drops. Id say Minnys lack of passing attack came more from the bad QB play with Johnson's weak arm and starting to throw INTs(which he cant afford with his lack of playmaking) and Jacksons lack of experiance and basically just as raw as they come. How can a passing attack be a threat when you have a near 40 year old Johnson or a raw raw rookie throwing the ball?

Minny traded up for Jackson. Childress worked with an option QB out of Syracuse a few years back...you know Childress seems a mini-McNabb in Jackson. What the Vikes need are some legit threats to catch the ball, ideally the best FA WR on the market and a Zach Miller-Greg Olsen type of threat at TE. Not many things shock me, but I would be shocked if the Vikes drafted a first-round QB in 2007.

For the record, I liked what I saw out of Jackson for being such a raw prospect. There's a good chance he'll see your fantasy roster no later than the end of 2008.

Good effort. I'm good with Lynch to Green Bay. Gets them another weapon.

I have a feeling they're going to roll into the season with Green, Morency, and Arliss Beach at RB. But still, it's hard to pass on a Lynch if he makes it to them.

This pick good go a lot of different directions for Green Bay.

You have a lot of nice alternative scenarios here than I have seen on most traditional mock drafts, nice job. I would like to see someone project a player besides Demarcus Tyler going to Cincy at 18. They've made some unexpected picks the last few years, and I doubt the consensus player will end up their. Besides DT, they have needs at LB, TE, S, possibly another CB, and OL. I could certainly see Levi Brown being picked. Posluszny and Willis could be reach picks, but the team has reached before. Nelson and Landry probably won't fall that far. I don't really see TE being a huge priority. Sleeper picks could be Jarvis Moss or Marcus Mccauley.

if kansas city can somehow land Joe Thomas, Ted Ginn, and Okoye they would be very damn good next year.

if kansas city can somehow land Joe Thomas, Ted Ginn, and Okoye they would be very damn good next year.

Thomas is the only one of those picks I see actually having a lot of success next year. Ginn and Okoye will probably not be stars for 2+ years. I doubt any of them will fall that far anyway.

Do you think Posluszny goes that low in the draft? I know he had the knee injury his junior season, but he switched to inside backer his sr. season (took awhile to adjust) and did well, plus excelled on the outside the 2 seasons before. If he gets to the Colts at 31 :dunno: or 32 :lol: , I think they are getting a steal. He would be a nice addition to that defense.

19 Tennessee - Sidney Rice WR South Carolina

The Titans need a WR but #19 is too high for Rice. The Titans could probably trade down 7-8 spots and still get him.

In your scenario, the Titans are much more likely to draft DE Quentin Moses or DE Adam Carriker. Even though Moses is more talented, he's pretty much a pure pass rusher (which is what the Titans already have in LaBoy), so I think Carriker would probably be a better option since he's good against the run.

Also, Patrick Willis could be a possibility since Peter Sirmon is getting older (and shouldn't be a starter anyway) and Stephen Tulloch was inconsistent (and not as good against the run as expected). Or they could draft Leon Hall. In fact, I don't see anyway that Hall falls that far in the 1st. I'd prefer that the Titans fill their #2 CB hole with a FA veteran, but it would be tough to pass up on a physical CB like Hall to potentially pair with Pacman.

The Titans need a WR but #19 is too high for Rice. The Titans could probably trade down 7-8 spots and still get him.

In your scenario, the Titans are much more likely to draft DE Quentin Moses or DE Adam Carriker. Even though Moses is more talented, he's pretty much a pure pass rusher (which is what the Titans already have in LaBoy), so I think Carriker would probably be a better option since he's good against the run.

Also, Patrick Willis could be a possibility since Peter Sirmon is getting older (and shouldn't be a starter anyway) and Stephen Tulloch was inconsistent (and not as good against the run as expected). Or they could draft Leon Hall. In fact, I don't see anyway that Hall falls that far in the 1st. I'd prefer that the Titans fill their #2 CB hole with a FA veteran, but it would be tough to pass up on a physical CB like Hall to potentially pair with Pacman.

The Defensive line - especially a run stopper - should be their #1 pick. Bennett(if he stays), Jones, & Wade did just fine. I would love for them to take the #1 defensive lineman left on the board.

The Defensive line - especially a run stopper - should be their #1 pick. Bennett(if he stays), Jones, & Wade did just fine. I would love for them to take the #1 defensive lineman left on the board.

I'd be shocked if Bennett's back. He'll want at least what we paid Givens (which was too much btw) and he won't get that.

I think Jones should be the #2 WR next season since Givens is ALWAYS on the injured list. As far as Wade goes, he was one of my favorite Titans' players last season--it seemed like every week, he was making a tough catch when we needed one. However, he's best-suited for the #3 WR role--he can thrive there.

So...that leaves the #1 spot open (as I have no confidence in Givens). If Jarrett or Ginn is available at #19, I think they'll be the pick. If not, I agree that it'll be best DE or DT.

Philly is up there with the Pats on teams that are really hard to project. Every year but two (of eight), Reid has gone line with his first pick. One of those two was McNabb and the other was Freddie Mitchell. Other than Mitchell and TO, which both obviously left a bad taste in his mouth, Reid has not put a premium on the position, as far as first round picks or big FA money. Stallworth was a late acquisition, he was ready to head in to the season with Brown as his number one. This draft is pretty stacked with elite WR prospects this year, so I wouldn't rule it out, b/c there should be one of 6 or 7 guys who should all grade out pretty high.

This pick is predicated on two things: that Juqua Thomas will get more money than he's worth from someone else after a breakout season in the Eagles rotation and that there will be concerns about Jevon Kearse. Even if Kearse is back by camp from his massive knee injury, he's 31 and hasn't had a double-digit sacks or played 16 games in six years. Johnson reminds me a bit of Hugh Douglass, too.

Pretty well thought out. An interview Tom Heckert did with a local paper suggested the Eagles won't be willing to pay Thomas more money than they feel he is worth. He also noted the return of Jevon Kearse as part of the reason. If Thomas leaves via free agency, I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles go DL in the draft.

The Eagles make no secret they feel OL and DL are the most important postions for them to perform well at. Heckert was even mentioning it again in the interview. He also said he felt they don't have any one particular need that they feel they need to draft, so they could go any direction. A lot of GMs will say that no matter what though, so I'm sure they know what positions they'd like to narrow it down to with their 1st round pick.

If they don't re-sign Buckhalter, he said it's a need they would most likely fill through the draft. I'd be surprised if they used a 1st round pick on one though. Somebody they graded pretty highly would have to fall to them in order to do that.

OL, DL, WR, and CB would seem to be the positions the Eagles might focus on with their 1st round pick given their history of drafting since Reid arrived, along with the areas they may need the most help at. Rod Hood and William James are free agents this offseason. If the Eagles don't sign either of them they'll look for depth at the position in the draft. They do like Julio Hansen (sp?) though and I think he is still under contract with them.

You have a lot of nice alternative scenarios here than I have seen on most traditional mock drafts, nice job. I would like to see someone project a player besides Demarcus Tyler going to Cincy at 18. They've made some unexpected picks the last few years, and I doubt the consensus player will end up their. Besides DT, they have needs at LB, TE, S, possibly another CB, and OL. I could certainly see Levi Brown being picked. Posluszny and Willis could be reach picks, but the team has reached before. Nelson and Landry probably won't fall that far. I don't really see TE being a huge priority. Sleeper picks could be Jarvis Moss or Marcus Mccauley.

Sam Adams can't play nearly as many snaps, if at all, next year. John Thornton and Bryan Robinson are undersized, but perhaps I'm underestimating the flashes Shaun Smith and Domata Peko showed.

If they don't bring back Justin Smith, it could be DE and I agree with OLine. Not necessarily a need, but there could be good value at OT.

Well, after Joseph being the latest Bengal felon, and he was probably their best CB by the end of the year, CB could be moving up. James is likely gone and O'Neal's status is shaky, so CB gains some momentum as a need.

I disagree with LB and S. RFA Landon Johnson s/b back. They talk about cutting Odell Thurman, but really, they have enough problem children to choose from. Cut a couple others and quietly bring Thurman back. I think Ahmad Brooks will get another try even if Thurman does leave. Jeanty and Brian Simmons return, and Caleb Miller was a surprise in the middle at times. I'd be more worried about the guys in front of them.

Williams is a terrific player at S and Dexter Jackson returns. Kaesviharn helped his stock, but I think they bring him back, he seemed like a glue in the secondary. Ethan Kilmer is promising. If Kaesviharn returns, they should be solid enough there.

Do you think Posluszny goes that low in the draft? I know he had the knee injury his junior season, but he switched to inside backer his sr. season (took awhile to adjust) and did well, plus excelled on the outside the 2 seasons before. If he gets to the Colts at 31 :dunno: or 32 :clap: , I think they are getting a steal. He would be a nice addition to that defense.

Poz is a great player who should test pretty well, but he's a bit undersized. 6'1" 237 is unofficial from Senior Bowl practice today. I see him as a borderline first rounder right now at a position where you generally have to be a freak physically to be an early first round pick. New England is another possible suitor in the late first round, he's their type of player, but I think they'll go for an OLB who is more of a pass rush threat.

It was a coin toss between WR and DE for me with Tennessee. I went WR b/c I think Bennett is gone too, the FA class is unimpressive at WR, and they've already tried to get lucky with several lower-tier prospects already for several years. With the outstanding WR class this year, it's a good time to get a top weapon ASAP to get in sync with your young QB.

We'll see how Rice tests, but I personally like him and Bowe neck-and-neck for third behind CJ and Jarrett in this class. I put Ginn higher b/c I'm trying to project how I see it going, not how I would do it. He has the game-breaking speed, but he's one-dimensional now and has a thin frame. I'm not confident he'll ever being a complete WR, compared to those other four.

Thomas is the only one of those picks I see actually having a lot of success next year. Ginn and Okoye will probably not be stars for 2+ years. I doubt any of them will fall that far anyway.

i can wait, im a patient guy :banana:

I disagree with LB and S. RFA Landon Johnson s/b back. They talk about cutting Odell Thurman, but really, they have enough problem children to choose from. Cut a couple others and quietly bring Thurman back. I think Ahmad Brooks will get another try even if Thurman does leave. Jeanty and Brian Simmons return, and Caleb Miller was a surprise in the middle at times. I'd be more worried about the guys in front of them.

Williams is a terrific player at S and Dexter Jackson returns. Kaesviharn helped his stock, but I think they bring him back, he seemed like a glue in the secondary. Ethan Kilmer is promising. If Kaesviharn returns, they should be solid enough there.

Safety is not a huge need for them, but the secondary overall is shaky, and none of those guys will ever be mistaken for studly. If Landry or Nelson is there (which they probably won't be) I wouldn't be surprised to see Lewis jump on them. I think that Lewis, coming from the Ravens, wants the best athletes he can find on his defense (e.g. the Thurman and Joeseph picks the past couple years) he just has not been able to land that many during his tenure. Scott Wright has them taking Brandon Meriweather in the second.

1 Oakland - JaMarcus Russell QB LSU

Al Davis is pretty steadfast on not taking QBs in the first round. This attitude has been bolstered by misfires such as Marinovich. If he changes his tune I would be shocked. Luckily he also seems to have realized that a K and a P with your first 2 picks is a bad idea too.

However, DB or OL are favorites of the Al. I could see them trading down if they really do want Russell. They could probably still get him just outside the top 5.

My Nostro-dumbass prediction is they trade down to get Jarrett. With the possibility of Moss and Porter gone and a USC honk with the headset... Jarrett seems like the go-to get.

HUH?

No WAY Thomas slides past AZ....

HUH?

No WAY Thomas slides past AZ....

:dunno:

Al Davis is pretty steadfast on not taking QBs in the first round. This attitude has been bolstered by misfires such as Marinovich. If he changes his tune I would be shocked. Luckily he also seems to have realized that a K and a P with your first 2 picks is a bad idea too.

However, DB or OL are favorites of the Al. I could see them trading down if they really do want Russell. They could probably still get him just outside the top 5.

My Nostro-dumbass prediction is they trade down to get Jarrett. With the possibility of Moss and Porter gone and a USC honk with the headset... Jarrett seems like the go-to get.

Al has exclusively gone after both sides of the line and DB the last several years. So Joe Thomas seems the easy pick, but the offense needs a spark. Aaron Brooks is, well Aaron Brooks and despite the problems on the line, Andrew Walter thought and moved slow in the pocket. Differences can be reconciled with Porter now that Shell is gone and a young big arm QB could be what Moss needs to get back with the program. I don't think they go WR, but if they do, they might as well draft CJ than trade down. I think the pick will be a QB or Joe Thomas.

Al has had plenty of other disappointments since Marinovich to wash the first round QB bust taste out of his mouth <_<

Great pick for the Jets.

Carriker is not getting by them.

I don't think he'd get past TN either in this scenario...

Al has had plenty of other disappointments since Marinovich to wash the first round QB bust taste out of his mouth ;)

:dunno:

Al has exclusively gone after both sides of the line and DB the last several years. So Joe Thomas seems the easy pick, but the offense needs a spark. Aaron Brooks is, well Aaron Brooks and despite the problems on the line, Andrew Walter thought and moved slow in the pocket. Differences can be reconciled with Porter now that Shell is gone and a young big arm QB could be what Moss needs to get back with the program. I don't think they go WR, but if they do, they might as well draft CJ than trade down. I think the pick will be a QB or Joe Thomas.

Al has had plenty of other disappointments since Marinovich to wash the first round QB bust taste out of his mouth :blink:

I would absolutely love to see Ugoh fall to the first pick of round 2, but I fear that won't happen. I'd also like to see the Raiders trade out of the #1 pick and either get a second first round pick or a couple high second rounders. We desperately need OL.

The way most of Al's recent picks have gone, he should be pretty wary about taking any position if he's worried about repeating past busts.

Exactly :thumbsup:

And accurate as well (I hope) :headbanger:

:ninja:

Do you think Posluszny goes that low in the draft? I know he had the knee injury his junior season, but he switched to inside backer his sr. season (took awhile to adjust) and did well, plus excelled on the outside the 2 seasons before. If he gets to the Colts at 31 :cry: or 32 :huh: , I think they are getting a steal. He would be a nice addition to that defense.

:lol:

This would rock if PP fell this far... Colts would draft at 31 or 32 again next year...

29 New Orleans - Patrick Willis LB Mississippi

I don't see Willis making it this far. The Saints need help in the secondary more than anything else on the defensive side of the ball. They will get Harper back from his injury next year but they still need more than him and McKinzie in the secondary. I see them drafting Marcus McCauley CB from Fresno State, or maybe even Laron Landry S from LSU.