Sign in to follow this  
donhaas

Drunk Driving

Yeah that blows.

" The driver of the Nissan, Fivea Sharipoff, 26, suffered non life-threatening injuries"

Why does it always seem to work out this way? :clap:

Don't do it...

http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_...h.777c8304.html

My friend's wife was in the back seat of this one.

Very sad...

I'll come and pick you up... just call me

There's drinking and driving, legally drunk here is .08 (which I think is a bunchashit)

and then there's drunk driving. :clap:

Driving the wrong fockin way? Rot behind bars. :cheers:

Yeah that blows.

" The driver of the Nissan, Fivea Sharipoff, 26, suffered non life-threatening injuries"

Why does it always seem to work out this way? :clap:

One reason is that when you're that drunk your reactions are MUCH slower. On the other hand if you're sober your reactions are much quicker. Obvious i know. Since your reactions are slow, you don't tense up before injury and in a sad way, thats a good thing. When your sober and see a car about to hit you, people tense up and their body takes a hit much worse.

Another reason is that the drunk person doesn't do any "evasive" manuevers. If a sober person sees a car coming they'll slam the brakes and try to avoid the accident. The other car is still going fast so your car takes more of a blow. I know this doesn't apply to drunk drivers running lights and stuff but it also plays in.

My friend got a DUI not too long ago after he blew a .09 i think. Sure he's driven drunker than that and its not good but he said he was shocked by what he heard in the classes. He said over half the people had a story that went something like, "i remember going to a bar and the next thing i remember is waking up in the hospital," or "i just remember waking up and seeing my car was half way into someones house."

*sigh*

I was a teenager when I decided I'd never drink alcohol. Over the next 20+ years, that decision has been reinforced over and over again.

I'm assuming your friend's wife was the one that survived? Still has to be pretty truamatic.

My parents were in a serious accident involving a drunk driver when my mom was pregnant with me. The guy fell asleep and hit my parents pretty much head on. My dad broke his nose and my mom broke her leg. Luckily, I turned out ok. :headbanger:

*sigh*

I was a teenager when I decided I'd never drink alcohol. Over the next 20+ years, that decision has been reinforced over and over again.

I'm assuming your friend's wife was the one that survived? Still has to be pretty truamatic.

My parents were in a serious accident involving a drunk driver when my mom was pregnant with me. The guy fell asleep and hit my parents pretty much head on. My dad broke his nose and my mom broke her leg. Luckily, I turned out ok. :headbanger:

Yes... my friend's wife was in the backseat.

She's pretty shaken up, needlesstosay….

That car looked awful.

Why does it always seem to work out this way? :headbanger:

Because she had the good sense to wear her seatbelt :cheers:

It amazes me everytime I see these stories. We all know that alchohol + cars = bad news.

Do they live in a rural area and couldn't get a cab?

I've had cab fares over forty dollars before, which is a little pricy, but much much less than a DUI, let alone if I hurt someone. Makes me sick to my stomach.

It amazes me everytime I see these stories. We all know that alchohol + cars = bad news.

Do they live in a rural area and couldn't get a cab?

I've had cab fares over forty dollars before, which is a little pricy, but much much less than a DUI, let alone if I hurt someone. Makes me sick to my stomach.

There's a reason I pay what I do for where I live. I can stumble blind drunk to and from about 10-20 bars within walk-stumble-ing distance from my house. :dunno:

Wiffleball, thy name is "Otis". :blink:

There's a reason I pay what I do for where I live. I can stumble blind drunk to and from about 10-20 bars within walk-stumble-ing distance from my house. :dunno:

Wiffleball, thy name is "Otis". :blink:

Oh, I know that, I've been "attentive" ;)

Oh, I know that, I've been "attentive" :dunno:

I'm a little nervous now you'll see me stumbling home one night and "code red" me until my sphincter screams "I surrender!"

Drunk driving is focked up.

I know that I tend to binge drink; therefore, I simply never drive to places where I might be drinking alcohol. I will either walk or take a bus. Doesn't look very alluring, but it's the right thing to do.

Drunk driving is focked up.

I know that I tend to binge drink; therefore, I simply never drive to places where I might be drinking alcohol. I will either walk or take a bus. Doesn't look very alluring, but it's the right thing to do.

Besides, it's hard to bag somone when you're in a car. :(