Sign in to follow this  
Artist Formerly Known as Big O

BOA Credit Cards for those with no SS #'s

I read it and yes, it did piss me off.

I already called BOA and cancelled my credit card w/them...specifically citing this program as the reason I will no longer do business with them.

Guest Davaco

i just opened an account, i really like burritios :cheers:

I read it and yes, it did piss me off.

I already called BOA and cancelled my credit card w/them...specifically citing this program as the reason I will no longer do business with them.

I hope you're not doing business with Citibank or Wells Fargo either then:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20...s_1n6loans.html

http://www.hispanicprwire.com/news.php?l=i...5338&cha=14

They're just tapping into a market that is getting larger and larger..

What if this was like one of those police scams that gets people with warrants into the station by promising them a new boat? That would be sweet..

You can't fault BOA for trying to make money. They saw an opportunity and acted on it. I'm sure it's 100% legal. Blame the Gov't for its blase policies on immigration and illegals, not those that use our foundation of capitalism to take advantage of it.

BOA is risking that these people actually pay ther balances. If I were a "fresh across the border" immigrant, I would set up a bank account, pay my CC off for a few months until the limit rose to a decent figure, and then get a cash advance, withdraw my $$$ from the chkg account and not pay the CC off. What are they going to do? Ruin a non-existent credit rating?

You can't fault BOA for trying to make money. They saw an opportunity and acted on it. I'm sure it's 100% legal. Blame the Gov't for its blase policies on immigration and illegals, not those that use our foundation of capitalism to take advantage of it.

BOA is risking that these people actually pay ther balances. If I were a "fresh across the border" immigrant, I would set up a bank account, pay my CC off for a few months until the limit rose to a decent figure, and then get a cash advance, withdraw my $$$ from the chkg account and not pay the CC off. What are they going to do? Ruin a non-existent credit rating?

They're knowingly going after a group of people knowingly breaking the law. It's just like if they were marketing to drug dealers to help launder their money.

Guest Davaco

:(

Holy Cow, an amusing Davaco post

at least u know my name

:mad:

Anyway to make a buck.

How the fock do they expect to get their money back if the "illegals" don't have a SS? They can't hold it against their credit, they have no reason to pay. Just change their name and get a new CC

They're knowingly going after a group of people knowingly breaking the law. It's just like if they were marketing to drug dealers to help launder their money.

Money laundering has been addressed by the Gov't with SOX regulations and strict anti-$-laundering initiatives. I'm sure that the BOA and other credit card programs are within the law.

If I have a second home in London and want to pay a contractor to do work on it, I can get a bank account and CC there without having citizenship. I really don't see the problem, other than that our immigration office is doing a piss poor job.

It's just like if they were marketing to drug dealers to help launder their money.

Yeah, it's just like that, except in that case they would be doing something illegal.

Yeah, it's just like that, except in that case they would be doing something illegal.

Before it was illegal it was legal. It's not likely our gov't will ever enact laws to seriously combat illegal immigration, or vigorously enforce the ones that already exist. It doesn't mean they shouldn't and it doesn't mean actions such as this aren't as bad as actions already deemed illegal.

It's not against the law to be here illegally and have a credit card. :mad:

and it doesn't mean actions such as this aren't as bad as actions already deemed illegal.

Actually, it means exactly that, from a business standpoint anyway.

I hope you're not doing business with Citibank or Wells Fargo either then:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20...s_1n6loans.html

http://www.hispanicprwire.com/news.php?l=i...5338&cha=14

I do not do business w/Citibank...working for them pretty much convinced me of that a long time ago.

I don't have any accounts w/Well Fargo either, although I think they own/owned AMEX, who I do use. I certainly hope AMEX doesn't start issuing cards to illegals too...I really like my AMEX card.