Sign in to follow this  
Guest Davaco

I wanna live in Philly

All I got from that article is

"Guns are bad.... mmmmmKay?"

What a wonderful world where stupid kids shoot each other for being "dissed".... :D

That is so sad :lol:

Less sad than stupid. As far as i am concerned, the gene pool just crept up a point in integrity. :(

I'm glad most of the gun violence is isolated to the black communities in Philly (since I don't have to live there).

because there are a couple less black schlongs you won't get to take on? :lol:

I haven't been with a black guy in months.

I haven't been with a black guy in months.

When are you up for parole :lol:

I'm glad most of the gun violence is isolated to the black communities in Philly (since I don't have to live there).

Mostly West and North Philly. I live on the opposite side of the city, NE Philly. :lol:

However, the stats aren't surprising. I don't know if the recent census numbers backed this up, but I think this town has more black people than any other ethnicity. So, of course, we will have a lot of black homicides.

Mostly West and North Philly. I live on the opposite side of the city, NE Philly. :wub:

Yep. No gun violence there, just ignant white trash.

Yep. No gun violence there, just ignant white trash.

They had a parade in my neighborhood for Hitler's birthday. :wub:

They had a parade in my neighborhood for Hitler's birthday. :banana:

Does not surprise me. Met a lot of po- white trash from the NE and a lot of them are racist. Real ugly wimmen, too. I've had some friends who lived there though and said it's pretty safe, but since I work in center city it'd be stupid for me to live out that way.

What are rents like? I got an unbelievable deal on the house I'm renting, but apartment rentals are getting kind of high in CC - I'd be lucky to find something for less than $900 that I'd want to live in. I'm thinking of moving to South Phila, like Bella Vista or Italian Market neighborhood, next time I move.

Right now I walk a mile to work and live in a historic brick rownhome on a cobblestone street for $575/month! :wub:

Guest Davaco

They had a parade in my neighborhood for Hitler's birthday. :wub:

4/20, i got a cake in his honor. :banana:

Does not surprise me. Met a lot of po- white trash from the NE and a lot of them are racist. Real ugly wimmen, too. I've had some friends who lived there though and said it's pretty safe, but since I work in center city it'd be stupid for me to live out that way.

What are rents like? I got an unbelievable deal on the house I'm renting, but apartment rentals are getting kind of high in CC - I'd be lucky to find something for less than $900 that I'd want to live in. I'm thinking of moving to South Phila, like Bella Vista or Italian Market neighborhood, next time I move.

Right now I walk a mile to work and live in a historic brick rownhome on a cobblestone street for $575/month! :wub:

I live along the border of Bucks County, so the neighborhoods are actually more upscale close by, with some real secluded neighborhoods with huge properties a few blocks away. My rent recently increased to $475 a month. I live on the first floor of a duplex, one bedroom, but pretty big. Decent sized yard and garage. Been living here for about 8 years. Prior to that, I moved around 8 times in 7 years. All in the Northeast. Apartments suck. Based on experience, renting a house or a duplex is the way to go around here, and there are tons of them available. Parking isn't bad at all, unless your street is full of rented duplexes with multiple cars per household, then it gets a bit more competitive to find a spot right in front of your house. But definitely, you will find spots on your street.

The key is to shop around. Usually, you can find something for $700 or lower, usually in the $550-600 range.

Like you mentioned, the commute is a ball buster. One bus, the M/F "El", and the Broad Street train. Takes around and hour and a half to get to/from work.

Edit: they also never plow streets around here. Even heavily traveled roads, like today.