Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Chicago Homers...any whispers on T. Jones?

Any word on if the bears will be moving T. Jones or does it seem like it will be another season of the Benson and T. Jones show?

Lovie loves the 2 RB combo and it will take a hell of an offer to pry Jones from Chicago even though he requested a trade. Last year the Bears were demanding a 1st and 3rd round pick and this year are asking for any 2 first day picks. Unless a team, like Denver, has a lot of first day picks and doesn't mind getting rid of 2 of them, Jones will be a Bear in 07.

I have not heard any news since he requested a trade. i would think it would also take alot to get him. i was really hoping to use him to upgrade the QB position (ie Shaub, Carr, my 8th grade QB on my middle school team, anyone)

Guess we will still wait and see.

CrazyStanley Posted Today, 07:32 PM

I have not heard any news since he requested a trade. i would think it would also take alot to get him. i was really hoping to use him to upgrade the QB position (ie Shaub, Carr, my 8th grade QB on my middle school team, anyone)

Guess we will still wait and see.

With Rex, who took you to the Big Game, why would you need to upgrade at Qb :thumbsdown:

Lovie loves the 2 RB combo and it will take a hell of an offer to pry Jones from Chicago even though he requested a trade. Last year the Bears were demanding a 1st and 3rd round pick and this year are asking for any 2 first day picks. Unless a team, like Denver, has a lot of first day picks and doesn't mind getting rid of 2 of them, Jones will be a Bear in 07.

the market's not that high for someone like jones. there's a lot of decent rbs available in free agency to boot. i'm not saying the bears will trade jones--i don't know. but if they do they won't be getting that kind of return on him.

Now that Ahman green has left Green Bay wouldn't it be funny if green Bay picks up Thomas Jones from Chicago and go after the old Viking Randy Moss. :thumbsdown:

I thought of TJ in GB, but you don't see to many trades between division rivals, esp. those two. Didn't Lovie say his first priority was beating GB when he took over as coach in Chi.

If they don't trade him now for something he walks away a free man next year for nothing. :thumbsdown:

He will be 29 next year. Thats the age you let RB's walk away for nothing

He will be 29 next year. Thats the age you let RB's walk away for nothing

His first 4 years in the league he had very very little work..... only the last 3 years has he been a full time Rb so he still has a few years left in his legs IMHO

PACKERS CHASING BELL

As they scramble to attempt to fill the void left by the sudden departure of mainstay running back Ahman Green to the Texans, we're told that the Packers have contacted the Lions about a possible trade for running back Tatum Bell.

Bell was acquired by the Lions last week as part of the Dre' Bly deal. As we've reported, both Bell and former Broncos tackle George Foster are candidates to be traded again.

We're also told that the Packers contacted the Bears about the availability of running back Thomas Jones, but the Bears said that he is not available. It remains to be seen whether the Bears would be willing to trade him to a team other than their intra-division arch-rivals.

Detroit's willingness to shop Bell doesn't mean that the team is looking to shed tailbacks. We're told that running back T.J. Duckett currently is in the building, and that the Lions are expected to try to get him signed.

pft.com

oops. me think you think too highly of jones. are you sure you don't want to re-evaluate your stance? :banana:

the market's not that high for someone like jones. there's a lot of decent rbs available in free agency to boot. i'm not saying the bears will trade jones--i don't know. but if they do they won't be getting that kind of return on him.

now this guy seems to know what he's talking about. listen to him more in the future :banana:

yeah...

he gone...

yeah...

he gone...

Thanks, what would the board do without ya? :dunno: