Sign in to follow this  
Bouve-Rules

Packers haven't done sh*t

I have heard in many places that a 1st rounder next year is valued at about a 2nd rounder this year.

Well that makes about no sense.....go by charts and graphs all you want...

It is simple, if you think there will be better value with next years 1st that will be most likely in the 6th-9th range....over the 16th pick and Harrell this year....then the pick next year is worth more to you.

TT must have thought Harrell would be better than any guy he could get in the top ten next year :thumbsup: .....not too mention we would move drastically up in round 2,3 and 4 of this past draft.

To me Harrell, although a good player, wasn't a player we had to have, TT obviously saw different.....

Except for one important thing...those 5 guys that stand in front of him trying to keep the defense away.

And the fact that with the Bears D Grossman should feel like the O only needs about 17-20 pts each game to win...

Well that makes about no sense.....go by charts and graphs all you want...

It is simple, if you think there will be better value with next years 1st that will be most likely in the 6th-9th range....over the 16th pick and Harrell this year....then the pick next year is worth more to you.

TT must have thought Harrell would be better than any guy he could get in the top ten next year :dunno: .....not too mention we would move drastically up in round 2,3 and 4 of this past draft.

To me Harrell, although a good player, wasn't a player we had to have, TT obviously saw different.....

And the fact that with the Bears D Grossman should feel like the O only needs about 17-20 pts each game to win...

Whether it makes sense or not...its about the value the GMs put on it.

Also lost in your situation is a year's worth of development on a top 60 type player.

TT is also in a position where he may not even be the one drafting next year anyway.

And perhaps TT also sees that and says with the D he is building, Favre/Rodgers will not need as many points to win.

So do u think Favre puts up pro bowl numbers with chicago's line? just curious

I think it certainly helps to have a line and a running game that the Packers have lacked the past several years.

So do u think Favre puts up pro bowl numbers with chicago's line? just curious

I'm not sure about Pro Bowl numbers, but his numbers would most likely be better than Grossman's.

Funny, I see no quotes in that article from Thompson that come anywhere near the title of the article.

TT is also in a position where he may not even be the one drafting next year anyway.

Can't let this nuggest slip by. Are you serious? Frankly, it would be a travesty if this guy lost his job. Period.

Packer fans can ###### all they want about Thompson, I don't care. He's doing the things the right way. Had Mike Sherman not so completely destroyed the talent base on this team, it wouldn't take four years to build it back up the right way.

If Thompson gets fired, which is what I think you're hinting at here, then I will have lost a lot of faith in the front office. That would be a terrible, terrible move.

Can't let this nuggest slip by. Are you serious? Frankly, it would be a travesty if this guy lost his job. Period.

Packer fans can ###### all they want about Thompson, I don't care. He's doing the things the right way. Had Mike Sherman not so completely destroyed the talent base on this team, it wouldn't take four years to build it back up the right way.

If Thompson gets fired, which is what I think you're hinting at here, then I will have lost a lot of faith in the front office. That would be a terrible, terrible move.

I agree it would not be a smart move. But the pressure will always be there.

Agreed. I'm getting a bit tired of hearing how much TT sucks, etc. I think he's doing a fine job, and just because we fans don't always see the logic behind his picks, it doesn't mean they are bad picks. I've been pretty happy with the way things have turned out with TT's picks these past two years. If Murphy hadn't have gotten hurt and found out he would never play again two seasons ago, we would have had a better WR corps last year. That wasn't TT's fault! As for Moss, I didn't want him on the team anyway, so I'm happy they didn't get him. As for a RB, we shouldn't need a premier RB in the system the Packers are implementing. They should be able to plug in just about anyone and have success, once the O-line has completely come together and gotten comfortable with the scheme.

Look at what Miami did in this draft. The coach/GM were boo'd when they picked Ginn, but the pick was part of a bigger plan that to me appears pretty sound. It wasn't what the fans wanted, but so what? I think very few fans really know what it takes to make a good football team.

I agree it would not be a smart move. But the pressure will always be there.

Pressure from who? The only ones I hear complaints from are the fans. I would hope the people in charge have the nuts to stand up and say we believe in Thompson and his plan. My take, he needs at least five years to undo what Sherman did. At least.

Im somewhat of a TT fan....he has done a great job in getting us a whole new base of young talent....

I just don't like how he leaves money in his pocket.....we had so much money this year and he doesn't have the balls to pull the trigger.

He has done a good overall job, but the Off could be so much better....IMO....

many here view Denver's trade-up as proof that TT could have traded down and still got his man. I view it as Denver trading up BECAUSE the Pack took Harrell, they desperately wanted a D lineman, and knew that there wouldn't be any left by the time they picked.

Im somewhat of a TT fan....he has done a great job in getting us a whole new base of young talent....

I just don't like how he leaves money in his pocket.....we had so much money this year and he doesn't have the balls to pull the trigger.

He has done a good overall job, but the Off could be so much better....IMO....

:doh:

Agreed. It's not about wasting money on medicore free agents, it's about fielding the best team possible and trying to make a run at the play-offs in 2007. I don't want to spend another Nov/Dec secretly hoping the Packers lose so we can land the next Reggie Bush/Adrian Petersen/Darren McFadden. Three years of that is too much to take.

Ted inherited a mess and has done a wonderful job of righting the ship. Now that the team is headed in the right direction, let's see what we can do!

:wacko:

Agreed. It's not about wasting money on medicore free agents, it's about fielding the best team possible and trying to make a run at the play-offs in 2007. I don't want to spend another Nov/Dec secretly hoping the Packers lose so we can land the next Reggie Bush/Adrian Petersen/Darren McFadden. Three years of that is too much to take.

Ted inherited a mess and has done a wonderful job of righting the ship. Now that the team is headed in the right direction, let's see what we can do!

I've certainly said some dumb things on this board but thought this was a good thread to bump back to the top. A couple things that jump out:

1. Is Harrell really on the team this year? I'm guilty of following the ball when I watch football but I can't remember hearing his name in any of the first three games. That's not to say he's not performing, I just haven't seen or heard him yet this year.

2. James Jones is going to be a stud receiver. The Sterling Sharpe comparisons are pretty accurate through 3 games. His hands are incredible and he's big and strong.

3. Randy Moss is still a premier WR.

4. Through 3 games, the Packers look every bit like a play-off team. A long way to go, but I'm certainly encouraged by the first three games.

1. Is Harrell really on the team this year? I'm guilty of following the ball when I watch football but I can't remember hearing his name in any of the first three games. That's not to say he's not performing, I just haven't seen or heard him yet this year.

I don't think Harrell has even been activated in the 1st 3 games. I'm pretty sure in the 1st 2 games at least he was inactive. He didn't perform very well in camp and preseason. Had he been a lower draft choice, he might have gotten cut. He's a work in process, I guess. :music_guitarred:

I don't think Harrell has even been activated in the 1st 3 games. I'm pretty sure in the 1st 2 games at least he was inactive. He didn't perform very well in camp and preseason. Had he been a lower draft choice, he might have gotten cut. He's a work in process, I guess. :huh:

Don't think he would have really gotten cut.

His problem is (and its a knock on TT) he is at one of the deeper positions on the team. Several guys (like Corey Williams) have stepped up big time.

Lets not forget that Harrell is coming off of a major injury last year though. His time will come.

Guest _my_2_cents_

Sho Nuff: I just want to say that anything I may have contributed to this topic can be completely ignored. The Packers look great. Even with no consistency in the running game, they're 3-0 and because one of my best friends is a Cheese Head I will be rooting for them this year. I have long been a Fav-rah fan and to see him producing at this level at this pointin his career is fun to watch.

The defense is extremely impressive and I gave your new coach not nearly enough credit. He's got that team clicking on all 8.

I tip my cap to the Pack, and should my Niners fail to make any noise in the NFC then I'll be right there on the bandwagon.

Sho Nuff: I just want to say that anything I may have contributed to this topic can be completely ignored. The Packers look great. Even with no consistency in the running game, they're 3-0 and because one of my best friends is a Cheese Head I will be rooting for them this year. I have long been a Fav-rah fan and to see him producing at this level at this pointin his career is fun to watch.

The defense is extremely impressive and I gave your new coach not nearly enough credit. He's got that team clicking on all 8.

I tip my cap to the Pack, and should my Niners fail to make any noise in the NFC then I'll be right there on the bandwagon.

They are doing well...but if they really want to do something, they need to establish some sort of running game. (though, it will no happen this week against Minny).

Your 9ers defense looks pretty good at times too...offense is struggling though. Can we borrow Frank Gore?

Guest _my_2_cents_
Can we borrow Frank Gore?

I'm confused as to why they haven't called Dillon.

If Gore were on the Packers they'd get my vote for best in the NFC, since unlike Dallas, they can play defense.

If Gore were on the Packers they'd get my vote for best in the NFC, since unlike Dallas, they can play defense.

Does anybody think that Jackson or Wynn can produce solid numbers? I really liked the way Wynn hit the hole against the giants but he didnt really do much vs the chargers. Jackson looks like he could be a decent back. It doesnt really seem like they have focused on establishing the running game yet.

Guest _my_2_cents_
Does anybody think that Jackson or Wynn can produce solid numbers? I really liked the way Wynn hit the hole against the giants but he didnt really do much vs the chargers. Jackson looks like he could be a decent back. It doesnt really seem like they have focused on establishing the running game yet.

IMO Morency is their best back. I fhe's on the WW I'd grab im and wait for his knee to heal up.

I think that if Morency practices tomorrow and is sore again on Thursday it might be time to shut him down and call Dillon.

Not sure how much he would bring...but he is a vet...he can pick up the blitz and they have the money so what could it really hurt.