Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

NFL Network reports...

didn't see a thread on this, so I thought I would start one. NFLN did not speculate what Denver's compensation would be other than that the Broncos needed to lop off a big salary off their payroll and Wilson's $5.2 M qualified. Obviously, if this trade happens, the Giants LBs go from Antonio Pierce and others to a pretty good foundation that may just need to add a stud LB on the first day of the draft.

Wow. The Bills could have used him. Good pickup. I wonder what Denver got in return?

It's not official yet, And the eagles and Lions are still interested as well! This is what Roto World Said:

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Giants and Broncos are in trade talks involving middle linebacker Al Wilson.

The Eagles, Lions, and Redskins (before London Fletcher signed) have also reportedly been involved in talks regarding Wilson. The Newark Star-Ledger reports he would play the weak side if acquired by New York.

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

I still think he goes to the lions.....But I don't understand this move? This leaves denver extreemly thin at linebacker. They would have no MLB? And wilson is prowbowl caliber player. I don't like this move unless they somehow aquire a STUD pass rusher in the process?

I'd be very happy to see Wilson out of Denver and the AFC.

As a Denver fan, I agree. I'd like to see him on another AFC team though so we can exploit his shortcomings. Great character and fan favorite, but over-rated.

He makes too much money and makes too many mistakes. He looks lost half the time out there. He can't cover in zone. He can't cover the RBs when the outside LB has TE. His play the last half of the season was atrocious.

It's not official yet, And the eagles and Lions are still interested as well! This is what Roto World Said:

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Giants and Broncos are in trade talks involving middle linebacker Al Wilson.

The Eagles, Lions, and Redskins (before London Fletcher signed) have also reportedly been involved in talks regarding Wilson. The Newark Star-Ledger reports he would play the weak side if acquired by New York.

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

I still think he goes to the lions.....But I don't understand this move? This leaves denver extreemly thin at linebacker. They would have no MLB? And wilson is prowbowl caliber player. I don't like this move unless they somehow aquire a STUD pass rusher in the process?

the lion part in this is old and stale news. they tried to get him in the bly trade but didn't. i haven't heard they've had any new talks lately.

The deal is dead as Wilson failed his physical. His neck is the supposed problem. He was taken out on a stretcher last year during a game and at the time it looked scary. Most teams are'nt going to give up a lot for an aging guy who has head, neck or back issues. How bad a team feels the neck problem really is will dictate if and where he ends up.