Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Worst advice parents give their children

Yeah you do, otherwise you wouldn't post here.

Ok Dr. Swill :cheers:

Ok Dr. Swill :cheers:

:cheers:

Wrong. Kids should eat everything on their plate. The problem is that the crapper busting fatty parents put a portion that a 200 lb person would eat on their plate along with food that is so high in fat and sodium that even an elephant would end up obese eating it.

Teaching kids not to waste is actually a good thing. The gluttony part is what kids can do without.

WINNER - Didn't take long either.

My wife gives the kids monster portions most of the time so they normally don't finish unless I fix their plates. It's all about portion control.

Ok Dr. Swill :dunno:

Come on, man. Give us your deep-seated psychoses. We want to know the reasons for the whole buttplug thing.

It WASNT just them saying finish everything on your plate. it was much worse and I dont really want to get into it.

Blaming your parents for being such a loser? :banana:

Sounds like another GFIAFP

Blaming your parents for being such a loser? :lol:

Sounds like another GFIAFP

I always have a great time when we hang out. Tell the board how well you know me. :lol:

WINNER - Didn't take long either.

My wife gives the kids monster portions most of the time so they normally don't finish unless I fix their plates. It's all about portion control.

It's easy for us, because we have kids. Ed is looking at things from a child's eyes.

I have the EXACT opposite problem with my kids. I could put a TON of food in front of my kids and they will never eat it. I could put a little bit of food in front of my kids and they won't eat it. My kids have a problem with WHAT I feed them, not how much I feed them. I want them to eat everything on their plate because I give them a reasonable portion with food that is healthy for them. We limit the junk that they get.

If I throw McDonald's in front of them, then they will eat until they are ready to throw up. It is not just an issue of how much you tell them to eat, but what you let them eat.

I would prefer to have the best of both worlds in that I teach my kids not to waste (we do the same for water when brushing teeth, washing hands, etc.), while not making them out to be blobs (or diabetics). Some of it is common sense, but most of it is a little effort.