Sign in to follow this  
dcOne

Would you rather have a guaranteed 50k per year,

And you get that without working, etc.

Or

You get 1/100,000 cent per CLICK, (not per website hit) that occurs on the internet during a 24 hour period---and whatever that $ total is, that is all you get the rest of your life (you can't collect any income from anything else).

I'll take the clicking internet option thing.

:bandana:

i would join an internet clique :bandana:

Lets say a billion people average 1000 clicks on the internet in 24 hours. That would amount to $100,000. I'd take the $50,000 a year.

Would you rather receive a 30 day contract that pays $30,000

or

Receive .01 for the first day and have the amount double for every day after.

First day .01

second day .02

Third day .04

Fourth day .08

etc.....

Guest RenoZ

Well, considering that there are 60 billion emails sent/received per day - working out to $600,000 of those emails ALONE without even factoring in anything else, I'll also go with the internet thingie.

Over 5 billion IMs per day - that's another $50,000 and we haven't even TOUCHED the pron industry.

Well, considering that there are 60 billion emails sent/received per day - working out to $600,000 of those emails ALONE without even factoring in anything else, I'll also go with the internet thingie.

Over 5 billion IMs per day - that's another $50,000 and we haven't even TOUCHED the pron industry.

6 billion emails would amount to 6000 dollars and when you consider that most of those are mass spammers , i would say that each one was not worth a click.

Guest RenoZ

From franticindustries.com:

Unique hits and other statistics are often seen for websites, however I was interested in how many unique hits does the Internet get every day. That’s right: how many people connect to any web site daily.

This turned out to be a trickier question that I imagined. After an hour of Googling, I was able to find out what are the Internet usage stats per country, how fast do servers respond in various parts of the world, and even (though this data is pretty old) how much data the entire Internet contains.

The closest I got to the answer was at the sites of the big analysts - Nielsen/Netratings and comScore, which has the approximation of world internet usage of people over 15 years of age (why the age restricion, I don’t know - I guess they’re marketing oriented so they’re interested in buying power more than anything else).

This number, cited from comScore’s site, which I reckon represents the number of people who use the internet regularly, is 712,976,000. Yes, that’s a big number, but it’s not exactly what I was looking for. Besides, www.internetworldstats.com says the number is 1,086,250,903. On the other hand, Nielsen/Netratings seems to be more conservative, citing their “Current Digital Media Universe Estimate” at 482,821,770.

What I (mostly) don’t know is the methodology behind this data - do these people use the internet daily, once every week, or, for example, once every month? Things get more complex if you want to count the unique hits the internet gets, because one person can connect, disconnect and reconnect several times per day, and every time they do that it would technically be a unique visit. To complicate matters further, it would be interesting to know the sum of daily unique hits on all websites in existence.

However, with the help of this little chart, I can at least approximate these numbers.

Bear in mind that I used data from different sources, obtained with different methodologies and from different samples, and I did some huge simplifications to make my life easier. The numbers in this final paragraph are very rough and possibly very wrong.

So, if the average person has approximately 33 internet sessions per month, that would mean approx. 1.1 every day, which would mean that the internet gets somewhere between 531,103,947, 784,273,600 and 1,194,875,993 visits every day, depending on whose numbers you trust.

According to Nielsen/Netratings, an average person visits 1446 websites per month. (1446/30) = 48.2*482,821,770= 23,272,009,314 (if you trust Nielsen/Netratings) or 48.2* 1,086,250,903 = 52,357,293,525. (if you trust internetworldstats.com). This is the number of webpages visited daily.

And you said CLICKS - I click on each website 20 times somedays.

or

First day .01

second day .02

Third day .04

Fourth day .08

etc.....

I'd take option 2

or

First day .01

second day .02

Third day .04

Fourth day .08

etc.....

The 2nd one.

In just the last day, you make over 5 million.