Sign in to follow this  
AmbassadorOfKwan

Finally got the motorcycle

2001 Honda Shadow...14000 miles. Excellent shape, meticulously kept. Just enough bike to learn with and not get into too much trouble. Not much of an investment, so if this is really a mid life crisis, all is not lost. I love it so far, just cant find enough time to ride. Damn wife and kids. This could be the start of a beautiful thing. Learned two lessons today....skin vs Vance and Hines...skin loses. The other...12 pack fits nicely in saddlebag. This could be a wonderful relationship.

2001 Honda Shadow... Learned two lessons today....skin vs Vance and Hines...skin loses.

:lol:

Nice choice. Can't possibly go wrong with a Honda bike. 750 or 1100? I had a Shadow Spirit 1100 a few years ago, sold it when I bought my first Harley. I liked it & probably would've kept riding it, but got the H-D sickness after I saw a friends Road King.

Just watch for other drivers- expect them to cut you off in traffic- I don't give a rats ass who has the right of way- the ass holes will win in a collision. I was hit by a 65 Impala. I had the right of way, she had a big car. I ended up with a broken leg, and she had a little dent in her bumper.

On the other hand, nothing like hitting the open road on a bike. I did California to Nashville one summer. Great trip.

Enjoy. :lol:

What did you pay? What's the displacement? Leave the beer at home.

:pointstosky:

Nice choice. Can't possibly go wrong with a Honda bike. 750 or 1100? I had a Shadow Spirit 1100 a few years ago, sold it when I bought my first Harley. I liked it & probably would've kept riding it, but got the H-D sickness after I saw a friends Road King.

It is actually only a 600. I have no need right now for anything more than that. H_D sickness went past me a long time ago. So many guys at work have em that it really is sickening. They are some beautiful bikes, but to put it in a way everyone can understand, I have no problem walking past Aeropostale to get to Wal Mart. Hope that made a little sense.

What did you pay? What's the displacement? Leave the beer at home.

I was picking the beer up to take home. I will not drink and ride period. Not even 1. I paid around 2k, give or take. Some would say I got a deal, some would say I got ripped, I say I got what I want at a price I could live with. As far as the displacement..as long as it puts out more than the wife, Ill be good.

I have to go try to get some now, but I look forward to any replies from fellow bike riders. Seriously, any dos, donts, good stories (not you Pete) Honda owners chime in too. Oh, just in case it matters, if I wouldve been here in time to vote, I wouldve voted for KatBoy. I still think he may be Newbie though, or Rusty, or Ed, never mind.