Sign in to follow this  
Hurricane Ditka

Had to call the Police!

Remember me saying a few weeks back that I have these two kids that keep coming around my house and hanging around, won't leave, live a ways away, parents are scumbags?

Well today I finally had to break down and call the police. Came home after work, my wife and kids are out shopping. And these two kids were in my backyard sitting on our patio waiting for us to come home.

Called the police or should I say one of our two town cops. They showed up and said they have had the same complaints from others and were taking the kids home and contacting CPS.

Feel like crap, but in the end I think I did the right thing.

Why were they hanging around on your porch? How old are these kids?

Remember me saying a few weeks back that I have these two kids that keep coming around my house and hanging around, won't leave, live a ways away, parents are scumbags?

Well today I finally had to break down and call the police. Came home after work, my wife and kids are out shopping. And these two kids were in my backyard sitting on our patio waiting for us to come home.

Called the police or should I say one of our two town cops. They showed up and said they have had the same complaints from others and were taking the kids home and contacting CPS.

Feel like crap, but in the end I think I did the right thing.

I think you did too. :thumbsdown:

Hope these kids will be ok

Hey, your hands were tied. You only did what you had to do. :headbanger:

Did what you had to do, no reason to feel bad here.

You did the right thing. Social services is close to useless, but at least its a step in the right direction. Too many people turn their heads and choose to do nothing ignorings signs of abuse and neglect. Making an excuse not to do something is cowardice. I give you much respect for taking the steps to meet the parents and to utilize the police when you felt it necessary.

I think you did the wrong thing. You should have put a bowl of water out on the porch for them.

I think you did the wrong thing. You should have put a couple of bear traps out on the porch for them.

Fixored.

The officer stopped by a few minutes ago to tell me that the parents were not home until 5PM. The police took the girl to the station and left a notice on the door. The mom called and they told her they had her daughter. He did not give me any details of if the mom has her now or if the girl is with someone else. He did tell me the older brother who is 12 now was suppose to be babysitting her while the mom was gone. The kids are on spring break and the boy ran off somewhere with friends while the girl was left home alone.

This is totally not a good situation for this girl. Yes, it was the absolute right thing to do, but I am really upset. The look on this girls face is enough to rip my heart out (considering I have 4 daughters).

We can only hope that something positive can happen for this little girl.

Somebody call Ravens3 and let him know his kid is on his way home. :thumbsup:

You did the right thing. It may suck, but the truth is that everyone doesn't take care of their own. You can't take care of them, but a least let someone know who can.

Don't beat yourself up you hve to look out for your own girls first and then see what you can do to help others second.

Have a high life and enjoy the weekend with your family.

You did the right thing. It may suck, but the truth is that everyone doesn't take care of their own. You can't take care of them, but a least let someone know who can.

Don't beat yourself up you hve to look out for your own girls first and then see what you can do to help others second.

Have a high life and enjoy the weekend with your family.

Miller High Life. We can end this thread now.