Sign in to follow this  
Chronic Husker

gratefulted

:thumbsup: :dunno:

Sweet focking UCLA hat! I won't be returning it.

Also, I appreciated the "Focker" that greeted me when I opened it.

;) :P

Does it fit?

Got a hat from cmh, still wondering if I'll ever get the other two that I have comming from hardboy and indybearfan, havn't heard a word from either.

cmh, did you get your package?

Does it fit?

Got a hat from cmh, still wondering if I'll ever get the other two that I have comming from hardboy and indybearfan, havn't heard a word from either.

not yet, maybe today :thumbsup:

Does it fit?

Hey Ted, you're probably just the guy to answer this question. Desite my best efforts to the contrary, I got roped into playing an acoustic guitar gig. One of the folks involved is a big Dead fan. I'm pretty familiar with their career, and certainly their better known stuff, but I'd like to play a ballad or acoustic number that a hardcore Dead fan would really appreciate, as opposed to one of the 'hits'.

Got any suggestions?

Hey Ted, you're probably just the guy to answer this question. Desite my best efforts to the contrary, I got roped into playing an acoustic guitar gig. One of the folks involved is a big Dead fan. I'm pretty familiar with their career, and certainly their better known stuff, but I'd like to play a ballad or acoustic number that a hardcore Dead fan would really appreciate, as opposed to one of the 'hits'.

Got any suggestions?

If I can chime in here...

A few suggestions:

"Ripple"

"Box Of Rain"

"Cassidy"

"He's Gone"

"Looks Like Rain"

'Stella Blue"

http://arts.ucsc.edu/Gdead/AGDL/

how about dire wolf? :doublethumbsup:

Got any suggestions?

Including others listed,

Jack-a-roe

Candyman

Black Peter

Althea

Peggy-O

Friend of the Devil

I know you Rider

An acoustic IKO IKO would certainly do it

Thanks to all for their suggestions! I played 'Box of Rain', 'Ripple' and 'Dire Wolf' with an acoustic project long ago; just hadn't thought of them in years. I'll check out some of the others. Much appreciated!

how about dire wolf? :thumbsdown:

I had forgotten how much I dug playing that tune. Garcia was an absolute master at taking the simplest little runs and making them sound brand new.

It's on the set list!

I had forgotten how much I dug playing that tune. Garcia was an absolute master at taking the simplest little runs and making them sound brand new.

It's on the set list!

my brother had pretty much all the d!ck's picks sets. I was talkin to him the other day, said tom pick me out your favorite of all of them. Honestly I havent given many of them much playing time. I grabbed the first one that came to me (not sure which set or disk) but the first song on the disk is dire wolf :thumbsdown: