Sign in to follow this  
edjr

median household income USA

I agree. But it does happen.

No doubt. But if it's happening enough to significantly alter the median income of a LARGE group of people, then I'd say there's a bigger problem than a hole in a condom or two...or men being pigs.

That's great. That's YOU.

There are MANY women out there who will continually place blame on the man for "getting them pregnant" and then leaving them. Whereas, it's just as much the woman's fault for allowing herself to get pregnant than it is the man's.

That's all I am saying.

It's all I am saying, but apply this everywhere else as well. People need to admit to themselves their own level of culpability in their fate. Once that happens perhaps they can also then begin to take control of their lives and fate and stop lamenting their misfortunes as the grand design of some other person....

I agree, but if it should happen then the man needs to be a man. Not a coward.

Its no one's "fault". Its about responsibility and maturity after the fact.

And in the event that this doesn't happen and the man skips out of his responsibilities to that child, the woman had better be able to provide the means to raise that child on her own and not complain that she is in that position because of someone else! She put herself there by making the choices that she did.

The sad thing about this too is that all too often, you don't see a woman like this with only one child. She usually has 3 or 4 of them in tow. Clearly, she continued making poor choices by either not practicing birth control, getting with the wrong kind of man/men who don't care to stick around, having children before marriage, etc.... :thumbsup:

Believe it or not - women (including black women) have choices in this life!

No doubt. But if it's happening enough to significantly alter the median income of a LARGE group of people, then I'd say there's a bigger problem than a hole in a condom or two...or men being pigs.

I agree. Its a rather sad commentary on the educational and value structures of our society.

It is his responsibility to provide for that child until he is out of college. Not the rest of her life.

WRONG!!@!@#$!

It is his responsibility to provide for 1/2. :thumbsup:

And in the event that this doesn't happen and the man skips out of his responsibilities to that child, the woman had better be able to provide the means to raise that child on her own and not complain that she is in that position because of someone else! She put herself there by making the choices that she did.

The sad thing about this too is that all too often, you don't see a woman like this with only one child. She usually has 3 or 4 of them in tow. Clearly, she continued making poor choices by either not practicing birth control, getting with the wrong kind of man/men who don't care to stick around, having children before marriage, etc.... :banana:

Believe it or not - women (including black women) have choices in this life!

We all have choices. And we are all responsible for our choices, including mutual responsiblity for mutual choices.

All I was saying is that in this life, so of us do have more of those choices than others. Its unfortunate, but it is true.

WRONG!!@!@#$!

It is his responsibility to provide for 1/2. :lol:

Wrong.

Its about 17% of your income in NY. 25% if more than one child is involved. :D

Plus medical, college, etc.

All I was saying is that in this life, so of us do have more of those choices than others. Its unfortunate, but it is true.

Now see - to me, this is like saying that being of one kind of ethnicity, one has more opportunities than say someone who is perhaps considered in the minority.

WRONG!!! :banana:

That is so wrong. We all have the ability to do well, to succeed, and to be what we want in our lives. The difference is that some people find it easier to just do nothing and blame society or 'someone else' for keeping them down and right where they are. This makes it easy for them because then they don't have to get off their a$$ and actually make something for themselves.

Now see - to me, this is like saying that being of one kind of ethnicity, one has more opportunities than say someone who is perhaps considered in the minority.

WRONG!!! :banana:

That is so wrong. We all have the ability to do well, to succeed, and to be what we want in our lives. The difference is that some people find it easier to just do nothing and blame society or 'someone else' for keeping them down and right where they are. This makes it easy for them because then they don't have to get off their a$$ and actually make something for themselves.

I don't know what country you live in, but in america, minorities have way fewer opportunities, and those that are able to rise above their background have to work twice as hard as whites to do it.

Any person who says otherwise, is an elitist who has either never seen a minority in their sheltered life, or is just sticking their head in the sand.

What is the minority population percentage of the town you live in?

I don't know what country you live in, but in america, minorities have way fewer opportunities, and those that are able to rise above their background have to work twice as hard as whites to do it.

Any person who says otherwise, is an elitist who has either never seen a minority in their sheltered life, or is just sticking their head in the sand.

:banana: So if you disagree with this inane assertion you are some kind of idiot......that's a pretty standard move from "we are so oppressed" propoganda machine... :lol:

It's all I am saying, but apply this everywhere else as well. People need to admit to themselves their own level of culpability in their fate. Once that happens perhaps they can also then begin to take control of their lives and fate and stop lamenting their misfortunes as the grand design of some other person....

Of course. I agree with that as well.

We all have choices. And we are all responsible for our choices, including mutual responsiblity for mutual choices.

Wrong.

Its about 17% of your income in NY. 25% if more than one child is involved. :banana:

Plus medical, college, etc.

Those are legal responsibilities. The rest is there because women have proven they can't take care of themselves so men have to do it.

:banana: So if you disagree with this inane assertion you are some kind of idiot......that's a pretty standard move from "we are so oppressed" propoganda machine... :D

No, I admit to being elitest. :huh: Just not blind to reality.

Those are legal responsibilities. The rest is there because women have proven they can't take care of themselves so men have to do it.

Incorrect. Its not taking care of us, its taking care of the child that you fathered. Or at least the child we conviced the court that you fathered. :lol:

What is the minority population percentage of the town you live in?

Oh please - I'm in L.A. I'm surrounded by minorities! And it is a sad fact that the same ones who are whining that they don't have the same opportunities available to them as caucasions do, ironically are the ones who are sitting on their butts collecting a check from the state because they 'choose' to be no better.

They have the same opportunities at education as the next person. Can they send their kid to Harvard? Probably not and neither can I. My son attends a community college and he does his best there because he wants something for himself and his future. It's all about desire and what you want for yourself. Some people make the choice to be the best they can be and recognize that they themselves are the motivating factor behind making this happen. The opportunities are all around them, it's just up to them to grab on to them and put forth effort or let them pass by and point fingers at others for their own inabilities.

Oh please - I'm in L.A. I'm surrounded by minorities! And it is a sad fact that the same ones who are whining that they don't have the same opportunities available to them as caucasions do, ironically are the ones who are sitting on their butts collecting a check from the state because they 'choose' to be no better.

They have the same opportunities at education as the next person. Can they send their kid to Harvard? Probably not and neither can I. My son attends a community college and he does his best there because he wants something for himself and his future. It's all about desire and what you want for yourself. Some people make the choice to be the best they can be and recognize that they themselves are the motivating factor behind making this happen. The opportunities are all around them, it's just up to them to grab on to them and put forth effort or let them pass by and point fingers at others for their own inabilities.

Obviously not Compton. :wall:

Incorrect. Its not taking care of us, its taking care of the child that you fathered. Or at least the child we conviced the court that you fathered. :wall:

Really? Because we just had a discussion on this and EVERY parent here basically said that a child costs way less than 15k a year, so that would put my share of that to 8,500.

So why would a man who makes 100k be required to spend 17,000 on something that costs 8,500?

hmmmm....

Interesting lists. The paradox is that the states with the highest median incomes typically have the worst cost of living.

It would be interesting to combine the two to determine the most optimal place to get paid and spend.

Really? Because we just had a discussion on this and EVERY parent here basically said that a child costs way less than 15k a year, so that would put my share of that to 8,500.

So why would a man who makes 100k be required to spend 17,000 on something that costs 8,500?

hmmmm....

We have to raise your child in decent living conditions. Get used to it.

We have to raise your child in decent living conditions. Get used to it.

So, the other 8500 is going toward rent? 708 bucks a month?

Got it. :wall:

No, I admit to being elitest. :mad: Just not blind to reality.

Perception is reality, and just because you are crazy doesn't mean someone isn't holding you back. :wall: Well surrreeee... :cry:

I could not stand living under the notion that my fate is controlled by someone else, and while their are certainly limitations placed on us all from vary societal factors, I am glad that I take control of my life and don't blame other people for my failures... :mad:

So, the other 8500 is going toward rent? 708 bucks a month?

Got it. :lol:

Rent is just the tip of the iceberg.

Food.

Clothing.

Transportation.

Baseball/football/soccer

Camp.

Child Care.

Health care.

College.

Miscellanous.

Well more than the pittance that you are required to pay.

Perception is reality, and just because you are crazy doesn't mean someone isn't holding you back. :thumbsdown: Well surrreeee... :thumbsup:

I could not stand living under the notion that my fate is controlled by someone else, and while their are certainly limitations placed on us all from vary societal factors, I am glad that I take control of my life and don't blame other people for my failures... B)

Absolutely. Its up to us to ensure our own success.

But face it, wasn't it easier to me to go to S.U. for 4 years because daddy is a lawyer and paid all of my bills, then someone of the south side who has to rely on loans and grants. Didn't I have more choices and opportunities?

Rent is just the tip of the iceberg.

Food.

Clothing.

Transportation.

Baseball/football/soccer

Camp.

Child Care.

Health care.

College.

Miscellanous.

Well more than the pittance that you are required to pay.

Uh, we covered that in the 15k.

Or was every single parent on this bored wrong?

Uh, we covered that in the 15k.

Or was every single parent on this bored wrong?

That is the minimum. Since you are making more, then you can afford for you child to live a better lifestyle. Afterall, you do want what is best for your own child don't you?

That is the minimum. Since you are making more, then you can afford for you child to live a better lifestyle. Afterall, you do want what is best for your own child don't you?

If I am making more and can afford a better lifestyle, shouldn't the child be living with me and not your poor ass?

If I am making more and can afford a better lifestyle, shouldn't the child be living with me and not your poor ass?

Look at the bright side, if you make over $80k in NY they cut you a break.

And besides the 17% of you gross is only if I am not working. If I work, they cut you slack again.

And no the child needs to live with me because you need to be out there supporting him/her.

But face it, wasn't it easier to me to go to S.U. for 4 years because daddy is a lawyer and paid all of my bills, then someone of the south side who has to rely on loans and grants. Didn't I have more choices and opportunities?

Tough for me to know, since I had none of those things and only managed to escape poverty via the military.

But hey, everybody else is rich, and that means i should have just given up, not gotten my degree. Yeah, those grad courses were pretty expensive, why should I have obtained my MBA and Masters in Technology Managment by skimping money together, since other people get it paid for I should have just given up.... :thumbsdown:

Just because its is more difficult doesn't mean it should not be pursued, its up to each person to fight for what they want, it wont come free or easty unless you are born into money. I won't blame anyone but me if i don't succeed, the power to do so lies within my grasp if I am willing to work hard enough to fight for it.

I don't buy into the "I am so oppressed I cannot succeed" BS put out there. Stop complaining, start workign for it... :thumbsup:

Tough for me to know, since I had none of those things and only managed to escape poverty via the military.

But hey, everybody else is rich, and that means i should have just given up, not gotten my degree. Yeah, those grad courses were pretty expensive, why should I have obtained my MBA and Masters in Technology Managment by skimping money together, since other people get it paid for I should have just given up.... :thumbsdown:

Just because its is more difficult doesn't mean it should not be pursued, its up to each person to fight for what they want, it wont come free or easty unless you are born into money. I won't blame anyone but me if i don't succeed, the power to do so lies within my grasp if I am willing to work hard enough to fight for it.

I don't buy into the "I am so oppressed I cannot succeed" BS put out there. Stop complaining, start workign for it... :thumbsup:

I never said that someone should give up, or it is not up to them to succeed. All I said is that I have more options. I could have gone into the military as well. I chose to let daddy pay. I had more options is all that I was saying.

And no the child needs to live with me because you need to be out there supporting him/her.

No, because you should be working too. :thumbsdown:

Under this scenario your monthly support order will be approximately $1400

:thumbsdown:

is there one for Mass?

eta: found it

Under this scenario your monthly support order will be approximately $1850.

HAHHAHAHA. Fock that. No wonder wives get keeled and stuff. +400K works out a lot better than -1850/month. :doublethumbsup: