Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

2007 NFL Draft Weekend Team Thread: Buffalo Bills

well.

all i'll say is even if we had the top 7 picks in the draft...we'd still need a couple more starters :dunno:

go sabres :dunno:

:banana:

You guys better hope Leon Hall can cover NFL receivers better than he covered Dwayne Jarrett and Steve Smith in the Rose Bowl.....

FIGHT ON USC!

Go Steelers!

I don't think Leon Hall is the pick. He's a reach at this spot. I don't know of a reason that they wouldn't go with Patrick Willis.

AD? Athletic Director? Maybe that's the problem the Bills are having. ;)

Well we won't get AD, so now I think for sure the pick will be Patrick Willis.

EDIT: Wow, now that the Fins passed on Quinn, is there any chance the Bills take him if he's there at #12? I know Losman has shown improvement, but is there any way you can pass on getting a #1 overall talent for #12 money? The QB position is far from the worst of Buffalo's needs, but Losman hasn't exactly proven he's the QB of the future.

either willis or poz

I'm surprised BUF didn't trade up to HOU spot to take Willis. They had to know SF would take him if he was there.

ETA: Lynch is the pick... not a big surprise.

im not happy with it. a lot of good defensive players still out there and you can get a RB later on

JJ Arrington anyone? ;)

I think this pick sucked. Bills needed a DB as a priority, and if it was deemed too early, they should have grabbed Carriker. IMO he was the best pass rushing DL left.

I hate this pick for Buffalo.

im not happy with it. a lot of good defensive players still out there and you can get a RB later on

The only defensive player I could see them taking was Leon Hall. Adam Carricker or Alan Branch are good values here but DL is not as much of a need as RB. Poz is not worthy of #12, and that's a fact.

huge dropoff from patrick willis, who was the perfect pick

bleh, RBs are a dime a dozen

go sabres!!!

Lynch is a fine pick, a good player that fills a need. I do not share the thought that there will be his level rb's later on. My guess is that the bills front office felt that pittman, leonard, and irons would all be gone by the time they picked in the second round, and no one in their right mind would take m. bush in the second, or chris henry(az). They might have also felt that a guy like justin durant will be there when they pick.

so far so good. Good player that fills a huge hole

huge dropoff from patrick willis, who was the perfect pick

bleh, RBs are a dime a dozen

go sabres!!!

I agree, I think its a huge loss that we didn't get Willis. Our offense is gonna have to be able to outscore opponents next year cause our defense is gonna have a really tough time stopping anybody. Here's hoping we use our high pick next year on a great defensive player :lol:

I agree, I think its a huge loss that we didn't get Willis. Our offense is gonna have to be able to outscore opponents next year cause our defense is gonna have a really tough time stopping anybody. Here's hoping we use our high pick next year on a great defensive player :lol:

Keep in mind, the Bills went defense early and often last year. Whitner, McCargo, Simpson, and Yuboty are still developing and could all be solid starters some day. LB is still a big need but I can understand why Buffalo didn't take another DB after taking so many the year before.

i now love the lynch pick

trading up for Poz is an excellent move. we have a great LB and RB to fill the two most immediate needs on the team.

You've done it again Marv! :unsure:

moving up to get Poz makes me feel a lot better about not getting Patrick Willis

new starters:

RB - Marshawn Lynch

LB - Paul Posluszny

...and basically dumped an 80% Takeo & jackass McGahee to do it. nice.

now all we need is a starting FB, WR, TE and CB :dunno:

Posluszny in the 2nd to go with Lynch in the 1st. Bills made a couple nice additions so far.

The only thing is they let an OLB and RB go just to use 2 picks replacing th positions. I still like the selections though, and they did manage to pick up Darwin Walker, along with extra picks in addition to Lynch & Posluszny. Looking at it that way, I guess you could say they may have made out pretty well with the moves and the selections.

Trent Edwards in the late 3rd! Very solid 1st day for the Bills. They filled major holes at RB and LB, added some much-needed depth at QB, and got great value with all 3 picks.

Yup, they seem to be having a good day for themselves.

great draft last year, looks like another good one so far

good job Marv!

Teams are sleeping on Delaware TE Ben Patrick. He's 6'4" about 265, has 4.6-4.7 speed, and some very good hands. If he falls to us in round 6, that would be an excellent pick.

Teams are sleeping on Delaware TE Ben Patrick. He's 6'3" about 255, has 4.6-4.7 speed, and some very good hands. If he falls to us in round 6, that would be an excellent pick.

:dunno: I've been waiting since round 3 to get the kid. :huh: :lol: :D

:dunno:

Did anyone see that clip on ESPN of John Wendling jumping? The guy is 6'1" 222 lbs and has a 40" vertical. The guy could add some good depth and play special teams. I would have rather had Ben Patrick, though.