Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

2007 NFL Draft Weekend Team Thread: Minnesota Vikings

Terrible pick for fantasy - RBBC is back in Minny.

As for the pick, what the hell is the deal with the bling? Peterson was wearing a $50K watch, covered in diamonds. That's before he got drafted - how the hell did he get that?!?

Something smells fishy. :doublethumbsup:

CZ's baby - those weren't real.

:banana:

Can someone please tell me how that pick just made the Vikings that much better? I mean #7 pick in the draft better. :doublethumbsup:

Hes one of the elite prospects in this draft and the best value by far. The Vikings now have a huge one two punch to keep both guys fresh and keep pressure off of Tjax. Theres no way you can be upset by this, we needed a playmaker and no WR was worth #7.

They should have taken Quinn after the disaster the Vikes have had at QB the last couple of years. I think this was a bad pick. They have Chester Taylor. Peterson was a luxury. Mark my words: by the end of the 2007 season, Vikes fans will wish they'd taken Quinn.

it'satipthatbradyquinnsucks

Can someone please tell me how that pick just made the Vikings that much better? I mean #7 pick in the draft better. :dunno:

I think just about everyone here will disagree with you. They have a very very good run blocking line. They have very few playmakers on offense. Having Peterson and Taylor will open up the offense alot, take some pressure off of Jackson and will mask the poor receiving corps somewhat (which hopefully they address in round 2 with Smith, Gonzalez, Jarrett if he falls etc.) I love the pick. This guy is going to be sick running indoors.

Can someone please tell me how that pick just made the Vikings that much better? I mean #7 pick in the draft better. :dunno:

Well, if NFL is a business, and the business is to make money, sell tickets, and draw an audience, this pick was perfect. I have been a Vikes fan my whole life. I think Peterson draws more attention to the team than any other pick they could have taken other than Calvin. We aren't going to get too excited over a quarterback anymore, and d-back even less. There is still many rounds left in this draft to fill "needs" so there is no need to panic here and think they ruined their 2007 season.

In my opinion, this pick guarantees this draft to be at least a "B" for the Vikes. This was a steal of a pick. If he had not broken his collar bone, he may have gone #1 overall. I love it!!!

Hes one of the elite prospects in this draft and the best value by far. The Vikings now have a huge one two punch to keep both guys fresh and keep pressure off of Tjax. Theres no way you can be upset by this, we needed a playmaker and no WR was worth #7.

I'll agree that after CJ there were no WR's worth the #7 pick. As for the rest, I can't see where AP was the best value by far. It wasn't as if he had dropped like Aaron Rogers or Deuce MacCallister to the point where teams felt compelled to take them even without a need. AP was projected right around the #7 pick. Maybe a few spots higher or lower. This team panicked last year when they missed out on a decent QB and now they are compounding it by not admitting there mistake. I am not saying that they should have drafted Quinn as I am not completely sold on him either, but at least they could have used the pick on a player like Willis that was going to come in here and play full time and make much more of an impact than AP sharing carries with Chester.

I am not saying that they should have drafted Quinn as I am not completely sold on him either, but at least they could have used the pick on a player like Willis that was going to come in here and play full time and make much more of an impact than AP sharing carries with Chester.

Did you watch the Viking skill position players last season?

Guest Black Label Society

I would've much more preferred Landry had he fallen. He's going to be an animal for a long time.

If the Vikings snap out of it fast enough, they could somewhat salvage this draft by moving on Quinn. Am I completely sold on him? NO. Is he too good too pass up at this point in the draft? YES. Potential reward far outweighs the risk from here on out.

If the Vikings snap out of it fast enough, they could somewhat salvage this draft by moving on Quinn.

Salvage the draft? Why are you even bothering to post?

With the reciever group as a whole other than Ginn slipping, this could be very nice at 41 for the Vikings.

Salvage the draft? Why are you even bothering to post?

With the reciever group as a whole other than Ginn slipping, this could be very nice at 41 for the Vikings.

That was my thinking as well. We could get a very solid WR at 41. :ninja:

I kind of wonder if they try to trade up and get Quinn at this point. He won't be there at 41. That being said, they really had other more pressing needs than a RB. Peterson may have been the best out there, but they couldnt' find someone who wouldn't trade up to get him or Quinn? I'd think the Bears would have been very interested in Quinn, and I highly doubt he gets past them at this point, but no one thought he'd still be there at 31.

Lets just keep the defense coming! Would love to have the pick of the litter at 41 as far as WR's go. Wait and see I guess..... :o

Didn't like seeing Meachem going off the board right there....

Yeah, the WR ranks are starting to thin out with another 10+ picks left.

Yeah, the WR ranks are starting to thin out with another 10+ picks left.

Need to dodge a few more here in the late first then maybe think about moving up a few in the second if Jarrett is still there. Thats going to be tough though.

It is starting to look pretty good to snag a first round talent receiver at 41. Hopefully it continues to play out this way.

It is starting to look pretty good to snag a first round talent receiver at 41. Hopefully it continues to play out this way.

Who are you hoping for dread?

Who are you hoping for dread?

I'll be honest and may be in the minority but I want Jarrett. He may be the exact opposite of Williamson. Not real fast but great hands and vision. He fits very well into the Childress offense in my opinion.

But I would also be very happy with either Gonzalez or Steve Smith as well.

I'm looking for Jarrett as the best option but I think that will be tough. Then Smith,Rice,Gonzo in that order.

If we miss all those and go another direction I would like Allison in the 3rd. Just keepin' my fingers crossed for DJ.

Three left for us..... :unsure:

6 picks left and at least 3 teams will not be taking a receiver. I would really really like to see one of the USC receivers. Getting one of them and Peterson would really be a great scenario.

6 picks left and at least 3 teams will not be taking a receiver. I would really really like to see one of the USC receivers. Getting one of them and Peterson would really be a great scenario.

We think alike today. Starting to like this more and more, although there are too many teams who could snatch Jarrett/Smith right now. Chicago worries me....

And we just dodged another team!

We think alike today. Starting to like this more and more, although there are too many teams who could snatch Jarrett/Smith right now. Chicago worries me....

And we just dodged another team!

Well, we've still got Chicago, Oakland, Atlanta, and Miami to go. :dunno:

I hear ya. No chance Miami takes a WR though after their own fans ripped the Ginn Pick.

I hear ya. No chance Miami takes a WR though after their own fans ripped the Ginn Pick.

Yep, but before Chicago traded out, the first 3 could have taken WR.

ETA: And there's always trades.

miami again after ted ginn?! :cry:

i think minn looks good for your WR

miami again after ted ginn?! :dunno:

i think minn looks good for your WR

Just Oakland, Atlanta and Miami left. None of those 3 may take a receiver. This could be good.

Please Hotlanta just take anything but WR. This is almost looking too good....I went into today praying for Peterson and that Jarrett would plumet. Its happening just like I planned thus far....

Please Hotlanta just take anything but WR. This is almost looking too good....I went into today praying for Peterson and that Jarrett would plumet. Its happening just like I planned thus far....

congrats. now will they pull on jarrett

Thanks Atlanta....one more. Then we just need to follow through with Jarrett.

I really really hope they have the balls to pull the trigger on Jarrett. If they take Smith I am OK also but Jarrett could be a star. What a day that would make it.