Sign in to follow this  
edytwinky

The Ideal Waiver/Free Agent Setup?

What do you guys consider the best way to setup your waiver wire and free agent acquisitions?

Claims System? Blind bidding? First Come First Serve? Weekly Wire Processing?

Both of my leagues are looking to redo our system on deadlines and free agent pickups. Would love to hear everybody's input.

Ours is unlimited, no-charge, first to add gets the player. No waiting period on drops. I don't think many do it this way.

I love it.

We do one blind bid FA auction, middle of the week. After that, first-come, first-serve for the rest of the week.

I don't really like having FCFS all the time. It just means that whoever is closest to a computer when some news comes down gets the player. I prefer some sort of auction for the top FA's each week. It also puts a premium on managing your salary cap/free agent dollars wisely.

I think we have a fair system. During the season, everybody has until noon on Tuesday to put in a bid on a player. If there are multiple bids on the same player, the team that has the fewest points at that position, gets the player. So if some undrafted running back goes nuts one week, the guy who has the crappiest running backs gets first crack at him. We don't do first come first serve since a lot of guys work Sundays.

In the two week span between our draft and the start of the season we have a system in which as soon as someone puts in a bid on an undrafted player, the Commish waits 24 hours to see if there are other bidders. If there are multiple bids, the player goes to the guy who had the lower draft selection. Again, you could argue that this should be first come first serve, but most pre-season games are on the weekends and we have a lot of guys who work weekends.

We have first come first served

Limit to 2 per week

week begins/ends at start of first game of the week (could be thursday, saturday or sunday).

Trades are unlimited.

we have a fee for fa's and not for trades.

seems to work.

Only thought I have ever head is I would like for the begin to be 8 am on tuesday instead of after start of first game. but that is me.

In all three of my dynasties we do a waiver claim once a week with a worst to first order. No FCFS after that either. So you only have one shot to pick up players each week during the season. In the offseason you can only pick up players in the rookie draft.

I really like this way because it doesn't give an advantage to the guys sitting on the internet all day reading articles.

Is it possible to do Waiver Wires, Free Agent FCFS and an Automated Claims System all together?