Sign in to follow this  
Mrsteak21

*Official Republican Party Debate Thread II*

Paul is very smart and very well spoken, but, aside from his stance on Iraq, he seems like kind of a crackpot, with most of his positions argued via extreme libertarian theory. People like this will never win.

The whole thing about the North American Union, "NAFTA superhighway" is all :blink:

Personally I just don't think Ron Paul stands a chance.

Romney is phony, but McCain is phony and a total hypocrit. In 2000 he ran as some kind of straight shooting independent Republican. In the past few years he's revealed himself to be a man who will say anything to get elected. The sad part is, he's running on 2000 all over again by trying to appeal to the social conservative voters who want a successor to Bush. Somebody should tell McCain that these people now represent no more than a third of the electorate and they may not even win him the nomination, much less the general election.

Cheap fraud. :blink:

Plus, he is a focktard. He ran away from the Christian Right in the 2000 primaries, when it was obvious that they were going to be the deciding factor in that election. Now he is doing all he can to embrace the Christian Right, only their power has waned and it will be the fiscal conservatives who control the nominee this time. Idiot!

Romney is phony, but McCain is phony and a total hypocrit. In 2000 he ran as some kind of straight shooting independent Republican. In the past few years he's revealed himself to be a man who will say anything to get elected. The sad part is, he's running on 2000 all over again by trying to appeal to the social conservative voters who want a successor to Bush. Somebody should tell McCain that these people now represent no more than a third of the electorate and they may not even win him the nomination, much less the general election.

Cheap fraud. :blink:

Perfect example of McCain

A few years ago he hated Falwell. Called him "an agent of intolerance".

He decides he's gonna run again and what does he do? Volunteers to be Commencement Speaker at Liberty University. :D

Plus, he is a focktard. He ran away from the Christian Right in the 2000 primaries, when it was obvious that they were going to be the deciding factor in that election. Now he is doing all he can to embrace the Christian Right, only their power has waned and it will be the fiscal conservatives who control the nominee this time. Idiot!

Absolutely right. Like I said in another thread, McCain is waging the campaign he SHOULD have run in 2000 in 2008.

Paul is very smart and very well spoken, but, aside from his stance on Iraq, he seems like kind of a crackpot, with most of his positions argued via extreme libertarian theory. People like this will never win.

The whole thing about the North American Union, "NAFTA superhighway" is all :thumbsup:

Please do your research before you bash Ron Paul. He is right on with the NAU and NAFTA Superhighway. I did some work for you but just plug North AMerican Union of the NAFTA Superhighway into Google and do some research.

Lou Dobbs on the North American Union

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=14965

http://www.infowars.com/articles/nwo/north...replace_usa.htm

NAFTA Superhighway

Guest Black Label Society

Well, I think it's obvious that I'm a Ron Paul fan.

To whoever said he'd vote for someone that would fight immigration, you should read this article written BY RON PAUL.

The Immigration Question

by Ron Paul

The recent immigration protests in Los Angeles have brought the issue to the forefront, provoking strong reactions from millions of Americans. The protesters’ cause of open borders is not well served when they drape themselves in Mexican flags and chant slogans in Spanish. If anything, their protests underscore the Balkanization of America caused by widespread illegal immigration. How much longer can we maintain huge unassimilated subgroups within America, filled with millions of people who don’t speak English or participate fully in American life? Americans finally have decided the status quo is unacceptable, and immigration may be the issue that decides the 2008 presidential election.

We’re often reminded that America is a nation of immigrants, implying that we’re coldhearted to restrict immigration in any way. But the new Americans reaching our shores in the late 1800s and early 1900s were legal immigrants. In many cases they had no chance of returning home again. They maintained their various ethnic and cultural identities, but they also learned English and embraced their new nationality.

Today, the overwhelming majority of Americans – including immigrants – want immigration reduced, not expanded. The economic, cultural, and political situation was very different 100 years ago.

We’re often told that immigrants do the jobs Americans won’t do, and sometimes this is true. But in many instances illegal immigrants simply increase the supply of labor in a community, which lowers wages. And while cheap labor certainly benefits the economy as a whole, when calculating the true cost of illegal immigration we must include the cost of social services that many new immigrants consume – especially medical care.

We must reject amnesty for illegal immigrants in any form. We cannot continue to reward lawbreakers and expect things to get better. If we reward millions who came here illegally, surely millions more will follow suit. Ten years from now we will be in the same position, with a whole new generation of lawbreakers seeking amnesty.

Amnesty also insults legal immigrants, who face years of paperwork and long waits to earn precious American citizenship.

Birthright citizenship similarly rewards lawbreaking, and must be stopped. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the perverse incentive to sneak into this country remains strong. Citizenship involves more than the mere location of one’s birth. True citizenship requires cultural connections and an allegiance to the United States. Americans are happy to welcome those who wish to come here and build a better life for themselves, but we rightfully expect immigrants to show loyalty and attempt to assimilate themselves culturally. Birthright citizenship sometimes confers the benefits of being American on people who do not truly embrace America.

We need to allocate far more resources, both in terms of money and manpower, to securing our borders and coastlines here at home. This is the most critical task before us, both in terms of immigration problems and the threat of foreign terrorists. Unless and until we secure our borders, illegal immigration and the problems associated with it will only increase.

So the libs like Ron Paul. That alone is enough for anyone who is supporting Ron Paul should take a few steps back and rethink who you are supporting. I like Mitt Romney at this point. I think he will be our next President.

And I am so sick and tied of hearing how we can't deport the 20 million illegal aliens. That is pure bullshiat. If I were president, I could do it. Rather easy. And we won't even have to go round them up. Here is what you do.

Cut off all funding for illegal aliens. No foodstamps. No free healthcare. No free schooling. No work allowed by illegal alien. No free anything. They will run back to their homes in Mexico if we could do all this.

Plus, we could guard our border with that toilet Mexico just like mexico guards it's southern border. Just shoot people who come across illegally. Or throw them in jail as soon as you catch them. I like the shooting part myself. The messicans are the most destructive force in America right now behind the terrorists and the libs who support them.

The messicans are destroying are borders, language, and culture. Everything that defines us as a Nation. They must be stopped whatever the cost. :ninja: :huh: