Sign in to follow this  
Mrsteak21

*Official Republican Party Debate Thread II*

Go get 'em Ron Paul. This guy will win the debate hands down, just like he did the first time. :banana:

I predict this is where McCain completely falls apart (unless you think he already has).

Go get 'em Ron Paul. This guy will win the debate hands down, just like he did the first time. :banana:

I predict this is where McCain completely falls apart (unless you think he already has).

A Farewell moment of silence for Falwell :banana:

I'm not going to support a candidate now, as he might not win the primaries, and I don't want to look dumb. Also I don't really know anything about any of the candidates.

But in the meantime I'll continue bashing lib-dems at every opportunity! Stupid Dummycrats :banana:

I'm not going to support a candidate now, as he might not win the primaries, and I don't want to look dumb. Also I don't really know anything about any of the candidates.

But in the meantime I'll continue bashing lib-dems at every opportunity! Stupid Dummycrats :banana:

His future's so Bright........he's got to wear shades!!! :banana:

:banana: :banana: RON PAUL :banana: :banana:

Please, don't tell me you're a Ron Paul supporter. You have Hillary Clinton and Al Sharpton in your sig!

once again Ron Paul is dominating even though Fox clearly doesnt want him to do well

:wall: :cry: RON PAUL :cry: :cry:

go hold hands and march somewhere with Al Sharpton :lol:

I love how Ron Paul is getting under Rudy's skin, although I am dismayed that the crowd still has the "kill 'em all" mentality. Dr. Paul is absolutely right on the lessons of 9/11, I just wish it was popular to be right these days.

BTW, RuPaul and I were born on the same day (11/17/1960) so I will gladly support him/her/it as well. I hated RuPaul too until I saw her/his/its talk show - like Ron Paul, RuPaul is all about accepting other people for who they are, a political philosophy with which I agree 100%.

Ron Paul/RuPaul '08 - I could vote for that.

yes Ron Paul was very good

also i once again liked Tancredo

it was good to see Mitt Romney give it to McCain also

OK, so I don't hang out here enough to know the personalities, and all I know of CyberGandalf is what's in his sig. Frankly one of the reasons why I don't hang here so much that, like everywhere else in this country, you can't have a political conversation where people don't just pick up sides and then start throwing rocks at each other. Sometimes a conservative Republican is going to take a stand that appeals to liberal Democrats and visa versa. If someone is right, then support them regardless of their label, and if they are wrong let them know even if they are in your party.

I like candidates who have the guts to stand up for what is right for this country, not just what is right for their party. Ron Paul is about the only one so far who has shown me that.

OK, so I don't hang out here enough to know the personalities, and all I know of CyberGandalf is what's in his sig. Frankly one of the reasons why I don't hang here so much that, like everywhere else in this country, you can't have a political conversation where people don't just pick up sides and then start throwing rocks at each other. Sometimes a conservative Republican is going to take a stand that appeals to liberal Democrats and visa versa. If someone is right, then support them regardless of their label, and if they are wrong let them know even if they are in your party.

I like candidates who have the guts to stand up for what is right for this country, not just what is right for their party. Ron Paul is about the only one so far who has shown me that.

:(

well said

OK, I'm gonna rant on that some more. I like to pick on Joe Lieberman as the crassic example. Now I disagree with him on just about every single issue, especially on the war. But he crossed the line with the political class when he supported President Bush on the war. His own party disowned him, he was excoriated as a traitor and turned out in his primary in favor of a "good Democrat." Forget the issue itself or how I feel about it. A Democratic Senator ought to be able to get up and say he supports the Republican President because it's what's right for this country, and the treatment Lieberman got for doing that just sickens me. He wasn't attacked because he supported the war, he was attacked because he said nice things about a Republican.

Seeing the kinds of questions and responses Ron Paul got tonight about how good a Republican he is tells me that none of those politicians and media talking heads on either side learned the obvious lesson of the people of Connecticut returning Lieberman to the Senate as an independent.

once again Paul is ahead in the Polls... unfortunately the media wont allow for him to become a top candidate

once again Paul is ahead in the Polls... unfortunately the media wont allow for him to become a top candidate

What polls?! Actual polls where they take a random sample of registered voters who plan to vote in the Republican primaries? Or the crap online polls where my dog can vote along with the Democrats who would prefer to see Ron Paul as the candidate (see below comment)? Check out Gallup, Rasmusson, Zogby, etc., to see how Ron Paul will actually fare as opposed to the unscientific ones.

He has no shot of beating Hillary or Barack. That is why the GOP would prefer other candidates. It's that simple. Call me what you want - but I will vote for the GOP candidate that can actually win in the presidential election before I vote for any person that has a zero chance of beating the Dem.

What polls?! Actual polls where they take a random sample of registered voters who plan to vote in the Republican primaries? Or the crap online polls where my dog can vote along with the Democrats who would prefer to see Ron Paul as the candidate (see below comment)? Check out Gallup, Rasmusson, Zogby, etc., to see how Ron Paul will actually fare as opposed to the unscientific ones.

He has no shot of beating Hillary or Barack. That is why the GOP would prefer other candidates. It's that simple. Call me what you want - but I will vote for the GOP candidate that can actually win in the presidential election before I vote for any person that has a zero chance of beating the Dem.

yeah, i vote for who i actually believe is right on the issues, unfortunately more dont

The difference tonight is that Fox News can't ignore the response to Ron Paul. I am loving watching this, they're just stunned, like, "uhhh, we had no plans to tell you anything about Ron Paul so, uhhhh, I got nothin'."

The difference in moderators was fascinating. On the one hand, Fox News obviously threw their preferred candidates softball questions and keeps on crowning Rudy as the Mayor of 9/11 or whatever. I love watching McCain get the torture question - I mean, c'mon, that guy knows more about torture than everybody else in the auditorium combined - they worked hard to prop him up tonight. Having said that, not having Chris Matthews shouting over them all the damn time allowed pretty much all the candidates to look better and present their views in some coherent manner.

Waiting for Fred Thompson to jump into the race so that I have a candidate that I can support.......

Waiting for Fred Thompson to jump into the race so that I have a candidate that I can support.......

Exactly. None of these guys excite me. I get that many like Ron Paul, but he simply does not align with my values. I like Newt but he is too polarizing to get elected. Now Bloomberg may run. :dunno:

Exactly. None of these guys excite me. I get that many like Ron Paul, but he simply does not align with my values. I like Newt but he is too polarizing to get elected. Now Bloomberg may run. :dunno:

Newt stands for a whole lot that I would say is right and good, but no way I want him as President. Clinton always won every argument they had. Gingrich would go meet with Clinton, get zilch, and come back whining about he is just too good a negotiator or whatever. He proved as Speaker he has smaller balls than Nancy Pelosi. Keep him on Fox News and in public policy where he can preach the good word and let's leave it at that.

Bloomberg's #1 issue is gun control. No more need be said about him, at least not in this thread. :dunno:

good job sean hannity to ask Paul questions and then not let him answer. :dunno:

yeah, i vote for who i actually believe is right on the issues, unfortunately more dont

I commend you for that. I am obviously a Paul backer, but I'd be happy if everyone just took an honest look at the issues and voted for the candidate that best represented their views.

That being said, the major media outlets are reporting that the biggest crowd reaction of the night went to Giuliani's response to Paul's Iraq statement. I'm going to have to find this on youtube.

He's not going back to Law and Order. :banana:

Link

Agreed. He was great in The Hunt for Red October

"Russians don't take a dump without a plan, son."

:banana:

Find me a candidate that wants to build the border fence and I'll support him despite pretty much anything else.

Middle-East funded Terrorists are setting up camp in SoAm at an alarming rate. I swear to Kristo, it's gonna take another 9/11 - where the terrorists come right through SoAmerica and easily across our border with Messico before anything gets done. Too many candidates are too chiickenshiit to risk the Messican vote to stand up for National Security. :thumbsup:

It ain't about focking 'racism'. In fact, it's totally racist for Mexicans to think they should get a better shot than any other race/country.

If 12 Million Mexicans - including felons - can wander into our country unchecked, I'm pretty GD sure the next round of terrorists will take the path of least resistance and bring themselves and their bombs into America the same way.

I can't stand ron paul, but it doesn't have much to do with anything he's done. We have a local city council member (idiot) that writes for a local periodical. Active in the libertarian party, but he's just a flatout idiot.

Well the guy splooges all over ron paul's schlong every opportunity he gets, and for that I don't like ron paul.

:thumbsup:

Remember back when McCain was the "maverick" candidate and drove around in a bus called the Straight Talk Express? What the fock happened to that guy? He is the biggest phony I've ever seen in my life. I'd sooner vote for Mitt Romney at this point.

That is how I feel about Rudi, and his stance on abortion. He isn't running from it, but on it. I also like the way Paul set him up to knock one out of the park.

Remember back when McCain was the "maverick" candidate and drove around in a bus called the Straight Talk Express? What the fock happened to that guy? He is the biggest phony I've ever seen in my life. I'd sooner vote for Mitt Romney at this point.

Yeah, used to like the guy. He's phonier than a $3 bill these days.

Find me a candidate that wants to build the border fence and I'll support him despite pretty much anything else.

Middle-East funded Terrorists are setting up camp in SoAm at an alarming rate. I swear to Kristo, it's gonna take another 9/11 - where the terrorists come right through SoAmerica and easily across our border with Messico before anything gets done. Too many candidates are too chiickenshiit to risk the Messican vote to stand up for National Security. :mad:

It ain't about focking 'racism'. In fact, it's totally racist for Mexicans to think they should get a better shot than any other race/country.

If 12 Million Mexicans - including felons - can wander into our country unchecked, I'm pretty GD sure the next round of terrorists will take the path of least resistance and bring themselves and their bombs into America the same way.

We are just starting to agree way too often. I will support the canidate that is gonna be the strongest on the Immigration issue. It doesn't just solve that problem, but also affects the SS and Health care issues, head on.

There's no way anyone's phonier than Romney.

Well, maybe Hillary.

There's no way anyone's phonier than Romney.

Well, maybe Hillary.

Romney is phony, but McCain is phony and a total hypocrit. In 2000 he ran as some kind of straight shooting independent Republican. In the past few years he's revealed himself to be a man who will say anything to get elected. The sad part is, he's running on 2000 all over again by trying to appeal to the social conservative voters who want a successor to Bush. Somebody should tell McCain that these people now represent no more than a third of the electorate and they may not even win him the nomination, much less the general election.

Cheap fraud. :mad:

Romney is phony, but McCain is phony and a total hypocrit. In 2000 he ran as some kind of straight shooting independent Republican. In the past few years he's revealed himself to be a man who will say anything to get elected. The sad part is, he's running on 2000 all over again by trying to appeal to the social conservative voters who want a successor to Bush. Somebody should tell McCain that these people now represent no more than a third of the electorate and they may not even win him the nomination, much less the general election.

Cheap fraud. :doublethumbsup:

i can't disagree with any of that.

I haven't gotten my copy of the talking points yet, so I'm not sure exactly what I think of Ron Paul.

:dunno:

I haven't gotten my copy of the talking points yet, so I'm not sure exactly what I think of Ron Paul.

:dunno:

he doesnt stand a chance :(

Paul is very smart and very well spoken, but, aside from his stance on Iraq, he seems like kind of a crackpot, with most of his positions argued via extreme libertarian theory. People like this will never win.

The whole thing about the North American Union, "NAFTA superhighway" is all :blink: