Sign in to follow this  
swamp dog

pistons-cavs game 2:

wow...that last minute was interesting to say the least...if i'm a cleveland fan, i'm royally pissed.

but i'm not a cleveland fan :banana:

wow...that last minute was interesting to say the least...if i'm a cleveland fan, i'm royally pissed.

but i'm not a cleveland fan ;)

Me either. :banana: :banana:

Me either. :banana: :banana:

a sports commentator today (forget who) said lebron is more magic johnson than he is michael jordan. i thought that was a spot-on observation. he's simply not the guy to carry a team on his back down the stretch--but he can make a lot happen if he's got the right guys around him...which he doesn't quite yet.

i doubt jordan chokes in that last minute like lebron did tonight--and i further doubt the refs put their whistles in their pockets with michael like they did with lebron at the end of the game.

lebron got absolutely mugged on that last play. no call! wow...

The Pistons have not played well in the first two games except for the third quarters. They're very lucky to be up 2-0.

a sports commentator today (forget who) said lebron is more magic johnson than he is michael jordan. i thought that was a spot-on observation. he's simply not the guy to carry a team on his back down the stretch--but he can make a lot happen if he's got the right guys around him...which he doesn't quite yet.

i doubt jordan chokes in that last minute like lebron did tonight--and i further doubt the refs put their whistles in their pockets with michael like they did with lebron at the end of the game.

lebron got absolutely mugged on that last play. no call! wow...

I'm pretty sure Magic could carry a team on his back. He did once play all five positions in the same game, including starting at Center.....

I'm pretty sure Magic could carry a team on his back. He did once play all five positions in the same game, including starting at Center.....

No joke. Magic Johnson was an incredible player.

The Pistons have not played well in the first two games except for the third quarters. They're very lucky to be up 2-0.

I couldn't agree more. At the same time, great teams find ways to win when they aren't at their best and Cleveland just isn't in that realm just yet. They had to get one of those two very winnable games. This is an eerie reminder of 2004 when Detroit played Indiana in the conference finals. Both teams playing pretty damn good defense and stifling the other's offense which made for ugly nail biting games. I'd take the end game result of that year though. <_<

a win is a win, but cleveland is prett good defensively, not sure the series will change much