Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

Bored and browsing?

Found this on MSN/Fox Sports, one of their so-called "experts" Roger Rotter and his picks in an experts league:

Link:

His roster:

Quarterback: Seattle's Matt Hasselbeck

Running back: Denver's Travis Henry

Running back: New England's Laurence Maroney

Wide receiver: Denver's Javon Walker

Wide receiver: New Orleans' Marques Colston

Wide receiver: Seattle's Deion Branch

Tight end: Pittsburgh's Heath Miller

Kicker: Baltimore's Matt Stover

Defense: New England

bench:

QB: Chicago's Rex Grossman

RB: Denver's Mike Bell, New York Giants' Reuben Droughns, Chicago's Garrett Wolfe

WR: Detroit's Calvin Johnson, New Orleans' Robert Meachem, San Diego's Craig Davis

Roster requirements: The league starts one quarterback, two running backs, three wide receivers, one tight end, one kicker and one defense, along with seven bench spots.

Offensive scoring:

Passing touchdown: 3 points each

Rushing touchdown: 6 points each

Receiving touchdown: 6 points each

Passing touchdown: 3 points each

Rushing yards: 1 point per 10 yards

Receiving yards: 1 point per 10 yards

Defensive team scoring

Touchdowns: 6 points each

Safeties: 2 points each

Sacks: 2 points each

Turnovers: 1 point each

If this is an expert...what's a novice?

Are you kidding??? Drafting from the 12 spot, that's a killer lineup. The novices are the yahoos who let Maroney slip to the 13th pick.

Are you kidding??? Drafting from the 12 spot, that's a killer lineup. The novices are the yahoos who let Maroney slip to the 13th pick.

Agreed! First thought was- solid draft out of the toughest spot every year to draft out of, IMHO.

Please point out what is so horrible about his team. It's a slightly higher risk, but much higher reward team. Only weak link might be Hasselbeck, but who knows.

Are you guys serious? The guy has nothing at RB outside those first two picks. He's got Henry's b/u in Denver, but an injury to Maroney does his team in, not to mention what he's going to do on bye weeks. Outside the obvious issues at RB depth, he's also got too many eggs in one basket issues with the Denver RB/WR/RB combo, the Seattle WB/RB combo, the New Orleans WR/WR combo and is counting on Maroney w/ questions on his shoulder, Hasselbeck with questions on his shoulder, and counting on Shanny to actually field one decent RB. They guy went 4 WR in a row and left a huge hole at RB and I'm the only one that sees it?

Are you guys serious? The guy has nothing at RB outside those first two picks. He's got Henry's b/u in Denver, but an injury to Maroney does his team in, not to mention what he's going to do on bye weeks. Outside the obvious issues at RB depth, he's also got too many eggs in one basket issues with the Denver RB/WR/RB combo, the Seattle WB/RB combo, the New Orleans WR/WR combo and is counting on Maroney w/ questions on his shoulder, Hasselbeck with questions on his shoulder, and counting on Shanny to actually field one decent RB. They guy went 4 WR in a row and left a huge hole at RB and I'm the only one that sees it?

as stated before, it's a pretty high risk/high reward draft.

If Maroney blows up this year, this is gonna be a tough, competitive team. taking both RB's from Denver wasn't a bad move either, by taking Mike Bell he basically handcuffed Henry....

Now, not saying that "I" would do that, cause I hate Shanahan and his RBBC of Doom, but overall it's not a bad draft, could be better, could be worse.

My biggest issue with the team is any signs of "proven performers in proven situations" he has a LOT of BIG IF'S in there.

Calvin Johnson - Could be a stud.... most likely a dud

Henry - Just like CJ.

not big on hasselbeck, but eh, could have gotten worse. Main things I woulda changed about his draft was I woulda ditched some of the mediocre WR talent, and tried to get a slightly better 3rd RB, or a better starting QB. Calvin Johnson is a nice risky but potentially good pick, but it coulda been spent on something much safer and much more likely to produce THIS YEAR.

I don't see the fuss though, it's not a super draft, but I wouldn't call it bad enough to point your fingers at it laughing, cause anyone could end up in that draft position and really when it comes to drafting, it's all about getting the player you want for the value you have them set at. Sometimes things just don't go your way and you have to take what you are left with.

Ok looking at it more.....

Definitly some issues with the 3 WR's. He basically has 3 WR2's on his team and no respectable RB3. His backup QB suxors, and his bye weeks are gonna blow.

Any chance of a link to the full draft? Would like to see it :banana:

But again, it isn't THAT bad, it's just not really good....

Hasselbeck with questions on his shoulder, They guy went 4 WR in a row and left a huge hole at RB and I'm the only one that sees it?

You mean Hasselbeck's NON throwing shoulder? Yea his non throwing shoulder will give him about as much trouble as Drew Brees's shoulder gave him last year :banana:

Don't worry you're right; the rest of the world is wrong :cheers:

He did a pretty decent job. His starting lineup is good. The only problem is he needs Maroneys handcuff in case something happens to him since he has had some injuries and his 5th and 6th WRs are a huge question mark. Also Grossman as a back up could either be really good or really bad. All in all a good starting lineup but the reserves do need some work.

Starting lineup is solid, but bench is weak, even for a 12 team league. And 3 rookie WR's on the bench? Why waste 3 picks on rookie WR's, who rarely do anything? :dunno:

You mean Hasselbeck's NON throwing shoulder? Yea his non throwing shoulder will give him about as much trouble as Drew Brees's shoulder gave him last year :headbanger:

Don't worry you're right; the rest of the world is wrong :wacko:

Spoken like a true Seahags homer... :(