Sign in to follow this  
Jetdoc

3rd Round Commentary

LOVE the Jacobs pick. I think he's a major steal here this late.

Bomb, I will get back to you on that. I have a 2:00 session coming up. I do have a response for you, though. Thanks for the patience.

Driver is a very nice pick there. Hell, he was the #4 WR last season ,he just keeps on getting his ,and people just keep on over looking him.

I swung for the fences on this one. Took the man child, Brandon Jacobs. I am unsure what to expect in the yardage area, but I am very certain this kid will plow through the goaline 10+ times this season making him a nice RB2.

Curious to hear thoughts on Driver pick.

To me he's like the Cumar of WRs...not flashy, but just gets it done: anybody surprised he's finished 5th, 13th, 10th past 3 years (IBL scoring)?

There's another WR I considered here, we'll see where he falls...bet he goes to Miller/King.

Great Wr, that will just cost a bit more this year. You are spot on comparing him to CMart.

Driver is a very nice pick there. Hell, he was the #4 WR last season ,he just keeps on getting his ,and people just keep on over looking him.

I swung for the fences on this one. Took the man child, Brandon Jacobs. I am unsure what to expect in the yardage area, but I am very certain this kid will plow through the goaline 10+ times this season making him a nice RB2.

I think his upside this year way out paces any other individual back.

fumble - im curious to hear your logic play out for the harrison pick at 2.10 then. seems as though with your 2.10/3.3 picks, you wouldve really liked to get two of harrison, wayne, holt (you didnt mention him, but i assume?), benson, t jones. well there were only 5 picks counting yours before 3.3, so that meant that all 5 had to go -- and they did. but why take the WR at 2.10 then, esp the one who probably will get drafted after holt in most drafts and after wayne in at least half? i have to think you couldve taken your pick of benson or jones at 2.10 and figured that all 3 WRs you like wouldnt go before 3.3. no ones going to draft both indy WRs, and i have a hard time thinking someone would draft one of them with holt and leave that RB2 spot wide open until the end of the 4th with all the rbbc this year. it was certainly possible, but then you take palmer as you did, but at least you have your two RBs locked up. instead now it strikes me that you will be scrambling for both RB2 and WR2 to find something palpable there. you couldve almost certainly had lj, benson/jones, and harrison/wayne imo. and with this mock, QBs always go far later than they ought to. see manning compared to his normal idp. i have 4 QBs all pretty much tied in my top tier, i think. i would almost guarantee that 1 or 2 of those 4 are still there at your pick in the 4th. we'll see. our strategies are so different, every year we seem to get back to this point lol.

nan/driver - good pick. nothing flashy, just gets the job done every year. wouldve almost certainly taken him at 4.4 if he was still there, but i knew he wouldnt be with you and miller in between. i think i know the other WR you are talking about as well, and i agree that he'll be gone before you, or at least certainly before me lol.

OK.

Marvin Harrison is the #2 WR on my board. He finished #1 last year....he's always a stud at crunch time and he's as safe as they come at WR (along with Holt). I wanted him. I felt like he and Johnson gave me the #2 RB and #1 WR from 2006....a package I really liked.

Problem: There was about to be a RB drop-off. After Benson and Jones, I felt the RBs available to me in Round Three would be pretty poor, value-wise. I could choose Benson or Jones and then hope Harrison or Wayne fell to me in the third. Particularly Harrison, since Wayne was the #6 WR for me, not #2.

Solution: Gamble. Take the best player on my board and gamble on one of two things happening: 1. Jones or Benson falls to 3.03 (didn't happen) or 2. A couple of RBs that I like maybe slide to 4.10 (have to wait and see on this).

Ultimately, I paid somewhat of a price for Harrison, but I like what Palmer is capable of this year fully healthy and thus I'm willing to see if my fourth round solution pans out. Like I've told you before, barring something catastrophic, I ALWAYS take my highest ranked overall player in Rounds 1, 2, and 3 as long as that's not 2 QBs or 3 WRs. That's what I did. Now, I will go about the business of drafting for need as well as overall value.

Solution: Gamble. Take the best player on my board and gamble on one of two things happening: 1. Jones or Benson falls to 3.03 (didn't happen) or 2. A couple of RBs that I like maybe slide to 4.10 (have to wait and see on this).

See, it worked out for me. Barber and Peterson were both guys that I targeted for 4.10. As it turns out, I got them both. :dunno:

and the two QBs i thought would be there (brady and/or brees) werent. so you gambled right. just if it was me, i would never want to be going into the season counting on marion barber, who i thought was way too high as a 4th round pick and potential starter. but you got the guys you like, and you also got a top 5 player at each position with your first handful of picks, so its a nice start for ya.

and the two QBs i thought would be there (brady and/or brees) werent. so you gambled right. just if it was me, i would never want to be going into the season counting on marion barber, who i thought was way too high as a 4th round pick and potential starter. but you got the guys you like, and you also got a top 5 player at each position with your first handful of picks, so its a nice start for ya.

I love Barber's potential, but like you said, his status in uncertain.....as such, I knew I needed another RB at 5.03 to make that pick safer.

yeah, i didnt really expect adrian peterson to get past v4e, but when he did i thought there was a glimmer of hope for him to fall to my 5.9. i almost drafted him at 4.4. if he hits like i expect him to, your team is going to be pretty stacked, now you just have to find WRs to fill out the team.