Sign in to follow this  
robb

Robb (The Newbie's) Take on the Mock

Since everyone else did a team-by-team breakdown, I thought I would look at the picks and where they compared to the ADP (still early, I know). I went through 6 rounds of the draft (1/2):

Great Value; where the ADP is less than 10 spots from where the player was actually taken:

1. D. Williams, RB (-21 difference)

2. Lynch (rookie) (-13)

3. Gates (-11)

Very Good Value; where the ADP is less than 5 spots from where the player was actually taken:

4. R. Bush (-9)

5. Peterson (-7)

6. Fitzgerald (-6)

7. M. Barber (-6)

8. S. Moss (-6)

9. Manning (-5)

10. MJD (-5)

11. Benson (-5)

Very Poor Value; where the ADP is greater than 10 spots from where the player was actually taken:

1. Galloway (+26 difference)

2. T. Bell (+23)

3. Mark Clayton (+16)

4. J. Jones (+13)

5. Driver (+12)

6. J. Walker (+10)

7. Fatboy (+10)

Poor Value; where the ADP is greater than 5 spots from where the player was actually taken:

8. House (+9)

9. Coles (+9)

10. C. Johnson (rookie) (+9)

11. Fred Taylor (+9)

12. Edge (+*)

13. Owens (+8)

14. Evans (+8)

15. D. Jax (+8)

16. Ronnie Brown (+7)

17. Palmer (+7)

18. Burress (+6)

19. Chambers (+6)

20. Ward (+5)

21. Reg. Brown (+5)

I am not making comments, other than to say the receivers appeared generally to be taken too early in this Mock, which we have all commented on anyhow, this just adds some justification. DeAngelo was the highest value selection and T. Bell & Galloway could have been taken a "tad' bit later (like a whole 2 rounds). You can decide who got value and who didn't if you like an ADP comparison.

Thanks again guys!!

The Gates ranking is based upon TE being mandatory. Just an FYI.

The Gates ranking is based upon TE being mandatory. Just an FYI.

This would affect this whole ADP by about the 8 or so TE's taken, slightly improving where the wr's went.

Looks to me like young RBs are getting overvalued in many drafts as everyone's looking for the next big thing. ADP is a pretty limited stat in terms of figuring out value as a lot of people out there don't know what the heck they are doing......... :shocking:

Looks to me like young RBs are getting overvalued in many drafts as everyone's looking for the next big thing. ADP is a pretty limited stat in terms of figuring out value as a lot of people out there don't know what the heck they are doing......... :banana:

BACKS!!!! Over Valued????? NEVAH! :dunno:

Wow...so from an ADP standpt I SUCK!

Interesting, as:

* Definite learning re: Det RB situation as I was under assumption that Bell would be pegged as main man, but ff community sees KJones as coming back fine.

* But if could get Walker/Driver/Clayton a rnd or 2 later be nice.