Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

Belmont Stakes finish time

Master of Puppets and others have gone 2-0 for me so far on my $10 free bets.

Here is the last one

Over under 2 minutes and 28 seconds for the race?

TIA

That's ****PASTOR OF MUPPETS**** :ninja: :banana:

Thank you.

Take the over. One of those horses is going to have to run a blistering final quarter to break the 2:28, and I just don't see it in this field. Slew's Tizzy gets out early, might set suicidal fractions, hoping to hook Curlin into a speed duel. One thing is for sure, the horse who has the best pedigree/tactical speed is HARD SPUN ... and after Pino moved him too early in the Preakness (which cost him the Belmont mount), expect new jock Garret Gomez to rate him well.

Curlin, Rags To Riches, Hard Spun and IMAWILDANDCRAZYGUY down the stretch. Definitely over 2:28 ...

:bench:

Master of Puppets and others have gone 2-0 for me so far on my $10 free bets.

Here is the last one

TIA

Curlin wins easy.

Hard Spun won't finish in top 3.

Final time: 2:27 and change.

Curlin wins easy.

Hard Spun won't finish in top 3.

Final time: 2:27 and change.

Agreed. Curlin finished 3rd in the Derby, and 1st in the Preakness. He's clearly the best horse and he probably would have won the Derby if the field wasn't so big.

That's ****PASTOR OF MUPPETS**** :headbanger: :thumbsup:

Thank you.

Take the over. One of those horses is going to have to run a blistering final quarter to break the 2:28, and I just don't see it in this field. Slew's Tizzy gets out early, might set suicidal fractions, hoping to hook Curlin into a speed duel. One thing is for sure, the horse who has the best pedigree/tactical speed is HARD SPUN ... and after Pino moved him too early in the Preakness (which cost him the Belmont mount), expect new jock Garret Gomez to rate him well.

Curlin, Rags To Riches, Hard Spun and IMAWILDANDCRAZYGUY down the stretch. Definitely over 2:28 ...

:D

alright going with the OVER :angry:

Anyone goin to the Stakes ?

Not me but I'll be there Sunday for sure. Still on the fence for next Sunday - Fathers Day is jst to crowded for me.

:doublethumbsup:

Anyone goin to the Stakes ?

Not me but I'll be there Sunday for sure. Still on the fence for next Sunday - Fathers Day is jst to crowded for me.

:bench:

Was there on Wednesday the 6th ... great day/night of betting for me. Stayed for the simulcasts, and our man THE MIG bought in a 13-1 shot in the 8th at Hollywood Park, netting me a cool $280 (20 bucks to win!! GO MIG!)

I'll be watching from home on Saturday ... if I do go out to Belmont, it's usually on Wednesdays, as I always have business in Brooklyn (Canarsie and East New York) on that day.

Let's not forget the great undercard on Saturday ... plenty of Stakes being run, lots of money to be made.

As far as the Belmont Stakes goes ... I'm looking to beat Curlin ... it's the only way to make any money. I'll use him on one HUGE exacta ticket (over IMAWILDANDCRAZYGUY), but ... I'm only using him underneath on my other tickets.

To those of you who think Curlin can't lose ... hearken back to 2004 ... Smarty Jones went off at 3-5, if I recall correctly ... and was beaten by 36-1 shot BIRDSTONE. This mile and a half is a whole new ballgame for all of these horses ... no "sure" things out there.

Play accordingly, but ... understand that unless you bet BIG on the exotics with Curlin on top, they aren't going to pay squat.

:dunno: :banana: :banana:

Agreed. Curlin finished 3rd in the Derby, and 1st in the Preakness. He's clearly the best horse and he probably would have won the Derby if the field wasn't so big.

I was thinking the same thing. There was all this hoopla about Street Sense...then Curlin beat him in the Preakness. If Curlin wins the Belmont, there will be mucho talk about the Derby field being to big.

IF he wins, he'll join the recent likes of Point Given & Afleet Alex. A dud of a race/traffic/pace issues in the Derby, showed their true colors in the last 2 legs.

Point Given wasn't going to win the Derby no matter what. Monarchos ran it in 1:59 and change, and the track was hard as a rock, making the pace blistering, with no chance of anyone close to front winning.

Afleet Alex was the only horse close to the pace in 2005 that finished well (3rd).

That's ****PASTOR OF MUPPETS****

Thank you.

:cheers: :pointstosky: :banana:

PastorOfMuppets has gone 2-0 for me so far on my $10 free bets.

Here is the last one

TIA

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

YA HAD TO BEAT CURLIN ....

DONE!!!!!

Not me but I'll be there Sunday for sure.

Hit a triple in the 7th to save my day :dunno:

hehehe the filly won :dunno:

Had she ran in the Derby & Preakness, she wouldn't have won.

They need a rule change on that. It's B.S.

I picked the winner

:(

but I didn't place any bets

:D

Bet the farm on ocho cinco :pointstosky: