Sign in to follow this  
Nomad99

How much damage can an F-15 take..............

They've been the best in the skies for a long time.

F22 is better now tho

They've been the best in the skies for a long time.

F22 is better now tho

Yup, yup, since 76 or so!!!

Love being over here and watching them fly all the time.

On the military channel, the showed a new jet the US has. In dog-fight training, one guy piloting of these new babies took out 5 F-15's. It was like bringing a gun to a knife fight, the way it looked. It might have been the F22? Not sure. Did anyone else see this?

heck of a pilot too. :)

I've always heard from AF coworkers how good the Israeli pilots are. I mean, that's top gun sh*t right there. Belly to belly??!!

On the military channel, the showed a new jet the US has. In dog-fight training, one guy piloting of these new babies took out 5 F-15's. It was like bringing a gun to a knife fight, the way it looked. It might have been the F22? Not sure. Did anyone else see this?

With the new thrust vectoring, these babies make the F-15 look absolutely clumsy. The fockers can turn, climb and dive on a dime - while at supersonic speeds. I pity the first plane to try and go up against it in combat.

Truth is, all the dog fighting shiit is pretty much the stuff of fantasy anymore. The air to air missiles these fockers have are supersonic BVR (beyond visual range) missiles that you fire and forget. The maneuvarability is more often applied in evading other missiles than in some kind of top gun close combat range.

I've always heard from AF coworkers how good the Israeli pilots are. I mean, that's top gun sh*t right there. Belly to belly??!!

My uncle won a couple of big medals for his piloting in Nam(Cobra), and he's always said the Israeli's are the best, hans down.