Sign in to follow this  
Justy2

Atlanta RBs

With the Atlanta QB situation up in the air is there a greater focus on the running game now? I grabbed Warrick Dunn off of waivers dumping some crappy Oak WR that picked for some stupid reason. I am gambling that Atlanta has to focus on the RBs. Are teams just going to stack the box against them? I have Warrick on my bench. Larry Johnson and Travis Henry are my starters so I'm not worried. I'm just wondering how my Warrick Dunn lottery ticket is going to play out.

You drafted the wrong one. Norwood seems to be the man and with Dunn out for a few more weeks certainly does not bode well for Dunn. :doublethumbsup:

Norwood is probably the guy, being much younger and healthier than Dunn, who is approaching the end of helping a fantasy team. I really think that you will probably want to steer clear of any Falcon, however, as this is really starting to look like a train wreck of a team. They're going to find out quickly the reason any of them had decent stats at all is because 75% of that weeks practice time by their opponent was spent trying to slow Vick down.

You drafted the wrong one. Norwood seems to be the man and with Dunn out for a few more weeks certainly does not bode well for Dunn. :doublethumbsup:

Yeah I knew that, unfortunately Norwood was already taken. I just traded a bench warmer for a bench warmer. Eh, evens up I guess.

The team was already focused around the backs and the running game as the passing game was mediocre on its best day. I would expect The two backs combine for around 15-1700 yards and 10 tds. Not great fantasy numbers by any stretch but with that line and no established threat at wideout, and without the bootleg off the stretch holding the backside defenders its gonna be rough this year.

The team was already focused around the backs and the running game as the passing game was mediocre on its best day. I would expect The two backs combine for around 15-1700 yards and 10 tds. Not great fantasy numbers by any stretch but with that line and no established threat at wideout, and without the bootleg off the stretch holding the backside defenders its gonna be rough this year.

At the same time, it's not fair to suggest that there are no threat-worthy receivers at wideout. That they have not been established as such is more a commentary on Vick's inability to establish any passing game to any WR than it is a reflection of the WR's abilities. Even Harrison and Wayne would look mediocre if Vick was trying to throw to them. Jenkins seems to have a pretty good skill set, and knowing that Harrington will throw a lot more than Vick did, it seems almost a given that the passing game should be considerably more potent. The negative points you make should be largely (if not wholly) balanced by the existence of a competent passer under center, and the greater threat level he affords the receivers.

Norwood is probably the guy, being much younger and healthier than Dunn, who is approaching the end of helping a fantasy team. I really think that you will probably want to steer clear of any Falcon, however, as this is really starting to look like a train wreck of a team. They're going to find out quickly the reason any of them had decent stats at all is because 75% of that weeks practice time by their opponent was spent trying to slow Vick down.

:goodpost: Dunn is nothing more than a late, late round value pick with little upside.

I got to go with Norwood. Hopefully he is durable enough to make an impact.

what is Snelling's value? it seems at the least, he'll vulture some TD's...

I like Snelling a lot. He should get some chances to do more than short yardage work if he looks good this preseason