Sign in to follow this  
ToadSprocket

Which is the ideal spot in a 10 team Re-drafter

With LT2, this year is more obvious than some others. But still, do you have a preference if not # 1? Is it # 2 and then # 3 and so forth?

I ask because I've drafted # 1 twice before this year. Once, I barely made the playoffs then lost 1st round playoff game. The other, I barely missed the playoffs altogether.

But over the years I've had # 10 out of 10 twice and won a championship and also missed reaching the Championship by a small margin another time.

Obviously, I'd jump to the conclusion that # 10 is better for me. But I'm glad I'm picking 1st this year.

As you hint, it depends on the drop-off in production....do you get more out of your 1.1-2.20 combination, or 1.10-2.11?

This year more than others, from a preseason perspective, that dropp-off is huge.

I would personally rather draft late; I think I'd be very happy with 8-10.

And there's the "you can start runs at the corners" philosophy....

wonder if going wr-wr from 1.10 and 2.1 is a wise move. maybe you start a run on Wr's and 2 decent rb's fall to you in the 3rd and 4th.

I think drafting 1st is the best in a 10 team league. You get 3 of the top 21 players. as you get further along in the draft the difference gap gets smaller and smaller. If LT has only a 20% drop from last year he is almost like having an extra guy. Obviously, there is more to it than that and bad drafting plays a part, but I would rather start my team with LT, Benson & Owens than Henry, Maroney & R.Williams. Actually, both look pretty good.

I don't mind drafting 1 or 2, nor do I mind drafting 9 or 10. Either scenario is way better than drafting 4,5,6,7. If I had to state a preference, drafting at the top is the way to go. You get a top rb, a top WR, and a solid RB2. Who could argue with:

LT

Benson

Holt

or

SJax

Jones

Wayne

Depends on the year. Some years, I even trade away my first-round pick in order to load up in rounds 2-4.

This year, you want either #1 or #2 (doesn't really matter which), or you want #9 or #10. The middle picks just don't provide decent first-round value because of the rapid drop-off in RB quality.

I had the 1st pick in my draft and wound up with LT, Brown, AGreen and Jacobs at RB; SSmith, Colston, Coles, Gates and Furrey at WR. My QBs suck, however, with Favre and Cutler.

The guy who drafted 10th has Gore, Drew and Lynch for RBs and Harrison, Holt, Horn, TGonz, SMoss, Glenn and Bennett at WR.

First pick is best. You start with Tomlinson and, with only 10 teams, there is no reason you can't put a rock-solid team on the field.