Sign in to follow this  
nos23

what to do about larry johnson

Draft is tommorow afternoon and we dont know are pick until tommorrow. If i get the 3rd pick in the draft what should i do? It is hard to pass on LJ. How far does he drop in the draft? Damn chiefs cant sign one of the best backs in the league.

He will be signed and play this year. If you absolutely think he is the 3rd best RB then take him there.

Draft is tommorow afternoon and we dont know are pick until tommorrow. If i get the 3rd pick in the draft what should i do? It is hard to pass on LJ. How far does he drop in the draft? Damn chiefs cant sign one of the best backs in the league.

Take him. The deal gets inked today and announced tonight/tomorrow. Forget all the articles about 400+ carries and workload causing a breakdown. If you have watched him run the stats mean nothing as he's not a typical back, he is the hitter not the hittee. Show me stats on backs who get more yards after first contact and the usage argument goes out the window. Sure the line is in question and the Herm factor always can kill ya. He's getting buried by so many this year, hope the guys in my league treat him accordingly. Good luck in your draft!

Jeff

"We don't know OUR pick until...."

In the 90's it was Barry, Emmitt, and Thurman.

Today it's LT, LJ, SA, and maybe now Gore too.

It's all about talent! :dunno:

I have the 3rd pick, but my draft isn't for two more weeks. Even if I had to draft tonight, I'd take LJ. Sometimes you can overthink fantasy football and I think this is one of those situations.

"We don't know OUR pick until...."

Seriously? You spend your days reading post for grammatical errors?

Oh and yes, that first sentence is a fragment. Get over it.

:dunno:

:unsure:

No - but that was a ridiculous mistake in word usage and I thought I'd help the guy out so fock off!

Guest JahRasta311

:unsure:

You have an extra space after "Seriously?" and "Fragment." and you need a comma after "Oh."

I would go Addai or Gore over LJ, then LJ 5th. It's not worth the risk if you can get Addai or Gore. If you're going to have to take Alexander or Westbrook anyway, you might as well roll the dice with LJ.

I can't believe anyone really thinks Johnson is doing anything other than what star RB do: figure out a reason to skip as much camp as possible. He wasn't going to get any real reps anyway; not any where he'd be in danger of getting hurt. That's what the 3rd & 4th RB is for. He knows the offense, he'll be in shape, and there's no way that anyone else on that roster plays a meaningful down that LJ's available for.

He's no worse than the third best back in football. Maybe better. They're going to go with Huard at QB, the defense should be improved, the WR can't conceivably be any worse. Dwayne Bowe, Riddick Bowe...hell, dead silent film star Clara Bow; they'd all be upgrades over the swiss cheese hands that found the field last season. The only legitimate question is the O-line, and Johnson didn't exactly fall flat despite all the doom & gloom predictions after Roaf retired.

Draft him.