Sign in to follow this  
daz13

WR troubles

I'm in a keeper league and can carry over two wide-outs. I've got Holt, Colston, Randy Moss, Javon Walker and TJ Houshmazadeh.

Holt's the obvious one... so who do you think the keeper is out of the other four? Right now I'm torn between Colston and Walker... but that changes daily...

Wow is that a tough decision. Holt is obvious, but i agree with the choice between Walker and Colston. Both had very similar numbers last season with 70 Rec for about 1050 and 8 tds. I think i would go with Colston because he is younger, has a more proven QB and the Saints offense is a little more potent than the Broncos.

yeah - thinking about Houshy too - but his 2nd reciever status is throwing me a little... plus when Henry comes back...

Colston does have a solid QB, but the Saints have Henderson, Copper, Meachem, Patten... almost too many options... plus he seemed to fade down the stretch last season

Walker... well, the Broncos are my team... but he'll be double teamed often... and Cutler's not as established as Palmer and Brees...

ack - it's driving me insane....

I would go with T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

In PPR leagues, he averaged 18.1 fantasy pts a game last year (in 14 games)... 3rd behind Marvin Harrison (#1) and Steve Smith (#2). In addition, he amassed 20 or more fantasy points in 6 games, that's tied for second with Harrison, just trailing TO (8 games).

While Reggie Wayne gets a lot of pub, TJ's stats last year were more consistent and slightly better than Wayne last year. Why does being a #2 receiver make him less appealing? Wayne is also a #2 receiver and he gets a lot of love.

Pick TJ...

good luck,

http://my-football-diary.blogspot.com

I say go with Colston. He was hurt for about 4 weeks last year, and still tied Walker. Plus, with Joe Horn gone, and with Brees liking him as a possession receiver, he should put up good numbers.

Thanks for mine!

Colston 3

Houshy 2

Walker 0

Moss 0

I'm starting to lean towards Colston... if only for his age - the others are 30 or pushing it... more input would be nice though

thanks for the thoughts to this point.

Colston then Housh. Look what Brees did w/ Gates in SD and EVERYONE knew he was going to Gates. Brees can get the ball anywhere.

Housh, i have seen WAY too many 1 year wonders in the WR department to recomend colston.

Housh, i have seen WAY too many 1 year wonders in the WR department to recomend colston.

that's the one thing that's buggin' me about him....

Terrible topic... Why is Holt such a givin? Why not keep 1? I mean come on dude, I think your team must really suck. Moss and Colston will have the best season.

Terrible topic... Why is Holt such a givin? Why not keep 1? I mean come on dude, I think your team must really suck. Moss and Colston will have the best season.

thanks

well everyone has giving their opinion on the matter and I'm sure your just as confused. Personally I think you need to keep T.J. Housh! Colston was a break out player because defenses did pay attention to him. Now that he is a #1 WR for N.O. he won't have the same numbers as last year, but then again he's a pretty nice backup. I think T.J. will get better numbers as the #2 WR, getting a lot of looks his way when ocho cinco is fighting the double team. I honestly feel Henderson will be Brees's prime target while Colston learns what its like to get doubled all season long.

Thanks for the post on mine!

Tough call. I would lean towards keeping Housh. Number 85 gets all the pub for good reason, but Housh ALWAYS seems to get his. Colston would be my second choice. Javon Walker scares me a bit with Cutler and I'm not convinced Travis Henry is going to stay healthy enough to keep defenses honest.

I would go with T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

In PPR leagues, he averaged 18.1 fantasy pts a game last year (in 14 games)... 3rd behind Marvin Harrison (#1) and Steve Smith (#2). In addition, he amassed 20 or more fantasy points in 6 games, that's tied for second with Harrison, just trailing TO (8 games).

While Reggie Wayne gets a lot of pub, TJ's stats last year were more consistent and slightly better than Wayne last year. Why does being a #2 receiver make him less appealing? Wayne is also a #2 receiver and he gets a lot of love.

Pick TJ...

good luck,

http://my-football-diary.blogspot.com

can't argue with this. pick TJ.

Sorry for responding so late. I would keep T.J. I think he will be the most consistent of the bunch. Palmer seems to look to him in key situations especially third down. Also, with Henry out half the season you know he will get red zone looks.