Sign in to follow this  
fanfootballtn

Madden Curse for Vince Young

I am a Titan fan and I hope the Madden Curse is not true but the lick Rodney Harrison put on VY makes me think is going to get killed this year because he doesnt have a veteran back to pick up the blitz. Lendale White nor Chris Henry NEVER blocked for anyone in college and Chris Brown is the #3 back. I'm sorry to say but Vince is a sitting duck for defenses. He is gonna look like that buffalo on the "Battle at Kruger" video on Youtube. :overhead:

I'm not paying any attention to the Madden Curse this year. Some might say the curse has already started to take effect because of a couple recent incidents. One, Vince Young's smacking in the helmet one of his defensive players and two, having to sit the preseason game because of a curfew violation. Minor incidents but those who believe in the curse will say it's started to take affect. I drafted Young as my starting QB at 3.12(actual 6.12) in a recent 3 keeper league draft. I'm hoping he finishes top 7 for QB's so where I took him may be a little early compared to where other QB's were taken that have the chance to finish as good if not better than Young. The unsettled rb situation is a little troublesome for the Titans but I don't think it's going to bother Vince's rushing stats. Their receiving situation could be classified as a mess as well. No real bonifide #1 guy but Brandon Jones would be my guess as to who emerges as the #1 guy. I like the Moulds addtion to the team. Yeah he's in his 30's and his career has seen it's better days but I think he'll get moderate production and could be the #2 guy. I took Moulds at 16.12 in a recent 3 keeper league draft. I'm thinking he outproduces that draft selection. So what I'm trying to say with all this is I don't think that Vince being on the cover of Madden'08 is gonna have any effect on how he performs this year.

The Madden Curse this year will be that the same thing that happens to every running QB that score low on the lick test. The NFL will figure him out and it will be a long season. Madden Curse or scrambling QB curse??

I like Vince Young. Just not this year. No, not because of the Madden Curse, but because he has the worst surrounding cast offensively in football. Right there with Oakland. Well, maybe 2nd worst.

I think VY is a heck of a talent, and a winner, but he's just not going to be able to do it himself. I'll let someone else in my league reach for him this year. I'd rather have Tony Romo 2-3 rounds later.

I don't think it will have anything to with the curse, but, he'll just be terrible anyway. He'll get some running scores and rushing yards, but, name a receiver on the Titans. 93 yr old Eric Moulds doesn't count. He will be a top 15 QB at best and Tennessee cursed him by getting him no receiver help, not Madden.

oh ye of little faith... it's always something "else" isn't it... but never actually the curse? The lack of supporting cast, the fact that people may have figured him out, a horrible GM running his team... no, it is Madden. It happens like clockwork... can't explain it but you can't deny it!

The Madden Curse this year will be that the same thing that happens to every running QB that score low on the lick test. The NFL will figure him out and it will be a long season. Madden Curse or scrambling QB curse??

<_<

It didn't even take the Wonderlic to see he wasn't the sharpest tool. All through college he just could not read defenses. He throws to receivers, not routes. And he has no ability to make adjustments on the field other than deciding to run. That said, he's a freakish talent. I've never seen anyone run like him, it's so smooth and effortless. I still think he could be the ultimate Slash.

That said, Madden Curse!!

You guys cant deny everyone who's made the Madden cover has had a horrible season filled with injuries. Shall I remind you? Shaun Alexander, Donavan McNabb, Ray Lewis, Mike Vick, Dante Culpepper, Marshall Faulk, Eddie George and even a trivia one you probably never noticed.......Barry Sanders. That's right Detriots leading all-time rusher who was in the background on the cover with John Madden and the next season never played another down . Say what you want but I'm not touching him on draft day. Defensive Coords have had a year to study him and the New England game was proof of what's to come this season.

I'm not paying any attention to the Madden Curse this year... So what I'm trying to say with all this is I don't think that Vince being on the cover of Madden'08 is gonna have any effect on how he performs this year.

That's what I said last year about Shaun Alexander. We know how that turned out :unsure:

That's what I said last year about Shaun Alexander. We know how that turned out :unsure:

I'm actually surprised at the lack of VY Madden Curse threads. At this same time last year, half the threads were about SA and the curse. The other half were Mike Bell is the greatest RB of all time. Atleast we're batting .500.

Stay away...