Sign in to follow this  
fanfootballtn

Brandon Jacobs vs Willis McGahee

Well put Lambert. These guys took a meaningless thread to a personal level with the name calling and insults. Very immature, it's only fantasy football.

If the thread was so meaningless, how in the hell did you make it all the way down to the 38th post? IMO too many FFLers don't put enough stock in preseason. It's not the tell-all but there IS value in watching these games. You just have to be selective.

I got him at 4.13 in a 14 team dynasty league, i trumped you.

:pointstosky:

I drafted him last year in the 14th round so I'm keeping him this year for my 12th round pick. I trump both of you.

I drafted him last year in the 14th round so I'm keeping him this year for my 12th round pick. I trump both of you.

Hes my #3 Rb behind LT, and SJax .....I trump all of yall

Since you want to be grammatically correct, I think you might need to rent the school house rock dvd called "Conjunctions, whats your functions" :dunno:

Uh, since you're trying to get all grammar cute, I must point out that it's "Conjunction Junction, what's your function."

If the thread was so meaningless, how in the hell did you make it all the way down to the 38th post? IMO too many FFLers don't put enough stock in preseason. It's not the tell-all but there IS value in watching these games. You just have to be selective.

I disagree completely. The only preseason game I would put value in is the 3rd game of the season. That is when the teams actually play their starters for most of the game and start putting in some schemes. Before that the games are meaningless except for injury.

Here is the leading stats for the NFL preseason through last weeks games.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c...SON-LEADERS.htm

Are you going to make your picks based off of these stats. Most, if not all, running backs are getting less than 10 carries. Most quarterbacks are throwing into vanilla coverages. Teams are not going to put a lot of schemes on tape for other teams to study.

As long as the player comes out healthy then it was a good preseason game. Basically nothing else is worthwhile. Who cares if Charlie Batch's favorite receiver is Santonio Holmes? Holmes might have 10 catches for 150 yards but only catch 1 pass from Big Ben. How does that reflect on the regular season? The preseason games leading up to week 3 is for evaluating borderline talent only.

In rare occassions a starting quarterback might be decided, but are you going to jump the starter for Cleveland into the top 15 because he won the starting job in the preseason? I would hope not.

Ahhhh, overreacting to preseason games, a time-honored tradition in all aspects of football... :blink:

Wow. Incredible commentary here.

Are we really moving players up and down based off of a meaningless preseason game? The defensive schemes are as vanilla as they come. The main focus of these games is to ensure that the starters do not get hurt.

Calm down people. Preseason is not an indicator, good or bad, of in-season performence. Brandon Jacobs and Willis McGahee are both fine running backs and will probably put up similar numbers. Neither of them are going to be elite, nor or they going to be horrible. Throw them into the same tier and relax.

Well put. The thing is: You can't even predict FULL GAME performance -- let alone SEASON performance -- based on 6 carries in the first quarter of a game. It takes some time for a RB to develop a rhythm and for an offense to figure out and wear down the defense. I bet if you took a look at LT's first 6 carries in last year's regular season games, you wouldn't be predicting a record-setting year of production. And that's on top of all the preseason caveats that have already been mentioned.

Chill, dudes.

take away the best carry and.......

stupidest argument evah!

:wacko:

Agreed.

By sad coincidence, the second stupidest is assessing the value of two RB based on a cumulative 12 carries for 26 yards in the second week of pre-season games.

Bottom Line: he didn't prove you wrong, and he didn't prove you right...

conversation is moot, its preseason.