Sign in to follow this  
duke5021

Who take at #6 with in a 12 teamer?

Have a big CBS Sportsline draft coming up and I have the 6th pick in a 12 person league. I'm thinking Gore, Payton and Addai may be around.

I know no QB's in the first round, but the scoring for CBS is 6 points for all TD's, so I atleast want to take a tier 2 QB (I think)

What are your thoughts and stragey I should use? Thanks

Have a big CBS Sportsline draft coming up and I have the 6th pick in a 12 person league. I'm thinking Gore, Payton and Addai may be around.

I know no QB's in the first round, but the scoring for CBS is 6 points for all TD's, so I atleast want to take a tier 2 QB (I think)

What are your thoughts and stragey I should use? Thanks

Of course you have to go with the best RB #! but the time the draft comes back your way you should consider another position. If Payton is there, take him. If not I would look for the best QB or WR available.

I think your draft position is way too high to take Manning. The elite RBs will be long gone by your second pick. I think you will be much better off with a Gore/Addai/Alexander + Bulger/Palmer/Brees combo than a Peyton + MJD/Henry/Jacobs/Portis type combo. Just my opinion. Good luck!

I'm picking 6 in a 12 team PPR and I'll likely take Westbrook if he is there. I see LT, SJax, LJ, Gore and Addai going 1-5. I'm somewhat torn between Alexander and Westy but since it's PPR I'm going with Westy.

I'm not even considering Manning and we score passing TDs as 6 points.

Picked 6th in my 12-team league and landed Alexander.

I would say Gore or Alexander if available at 6. If not, then Rudi, Willie, or Addai. I would definitely not take a QB. The guy in my draft took Peyton at #8 and his roster now has a major hole at RB.

Check mine to see how I drafted at #6, I'm very happy w/the results:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...=280567&hl=

Ouch, I picked 6th last year and it was tough.

From my experience you have to go RB (1) then probably QB if you can get Brees (Peyton probably gone). Probably the best wr on the board for your #3 pick and maybe Gates w/ your 4th pick if he's there?

Then RB, RB...

If Brees is gone then I'd go best wr at #2, gates @ #3 and hope you can snag a Kitna at #5 or #6.

----

Thanks for answering mine.

Thanks for the help guys. I just did a 12 mock today and got Addai at 6. Hopefully he falls to me again. I am thinking of going RB, QB, WR based on our scoring system. If I miss on Brees, Palmer, Payton when the 2nd round comes, I will just take my chances later I guess

Don't take a QB in the 2nd round. Only QB that should go in first 2 rounds is Manning. Palmer should go in the early to mid 3rd, Brady and Brees in the late 3rd/early 4th, and Mcnabb and Bulger in the mid to late 4th I would say. Taking Palmer or Brees in the second round is a mistake. You shouldn't evaluate QB's vs RB's....you should evaluate QB's vs QB's....and even in 6 point TD systems...you can get similar QBs a round or two later.

Thanks for the help guys. I just did a 12 mock today and got Addai at 6. Hopefully he falls to me again. I am thinking of going RB, QB, WR based on our scoring system. If I miss on Brees, Palmer, Payton when the 2nd round comes, I will just take my chances later I guess

Don't make a plan, see how the draft unfolds. There are plenty of QBs that you could start fro your team, even in a 6 per TD league. That just bumps up the value of all QBs, not just the elite ones.

I think your draft position is way too high to take Manning. The elite RBs will be long gone by your second pick. I think you will be much better off with a Gore/Addai/Alexander + Bulger/Palmer/Brees combo than a Peyton + MJD/Henry/Jacobs/Portis type combo. Just my opinion. Good luck!

Agreed. I'd take Alexander at #6 if he was there. If not I'd go with Addai and then Gore. Gore is a better runner, but Addai has more upside in my opinion. I like the system he plays in better, great hands, and seems pretty durable in his limited time.

Please see mine

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=281085

So it seems you guys seem to think go QB later no matter what... So try and get Romo or Kitna in the 5th or 6th round. I know it normally wouldn't have been a problem, but with 6 points for a TD it got me worried into taking a QB too early.

I usually don't have a strategy, and usually just go with the best option out there to fit my team and needs. I will stick with that plan reguardless of points per TD.

Really it is only 2 or 3 points more for passing TD's than normal.