Sign in to follow this  
Franknbeans

The breakout player from your favorite team is...

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Sammy Morris RB: he's really the only RB behind Maroney that fits the "every down" back role. If Maroney misses time, Sammy will put up very good numbers especially for a 13+ rounder.

Wes Welker WR: may well lead NE in receptions this year (50 - 60 catches) and has value in PPR leagues. Not a bad #3 WR option at all for a 13+ rounder.

Jabar Gaffney WR: has had the best camp of all NE WRs. With Moss and Stallworth alternating time on the trainers table, Gaffney will benefit. If you like drafting Patrick Crayton because of Owens/Glenns constant tweaks, you've got to buy into Gaffney who may not be quite as sexy as Crayton but can be had even later in drafts.

San Francisco 49ers - QB Alex Smith

The Niners depth on the offensive line is better than it's been in years. The defense, despite many off-season additions, still looks porous up front. Most importantly, Vernon Davis has a season under his belt and Darrell Jackson was added, giving Smith options in the red zone.

Smith has been impressive in his third preseason. The offensive coordinator has shown great faith in his mid-range accuracy, which bodes well for TD opportunities. I think he'll way outperform his 10.09 ADP and be a border-line fantasy starter.

HEYO! :pointstosky:

I'm going with David Martin. I've done a lot of 12 team mocks where he doesn't get drafted. I'm not saying he's going to be a top 5 TE, but Cameron likes to use his TE in the passing game, so he should get plenty of opportunities to make plays.

Too bad he can't catch.

Julius Jones: Contract Year. One foot out the door with MB3 wearing the boot. MB3 signed with Rosenhaus which means new team next year. Dallas will get McFadden (Jones Arkansas homer, Browns 2008 high pick).

Julius is breakout player from favorite team.

Yes, what he said. I certainly like JJ as the biggest breakout candidate on the team. I don't know about McFadden but JJ is in for a big year

Too bad he can't catch.

Yeah. That's why I used "opportunities to make plays" instead of "make catches". I miss McMichael already.

New Orleans Saints - Eric Johnson. 800 yards and 7 TDs. Brees is looking for him a lot in the endzone... and don't forget how his last favorite TE did. :D

BUFFALO BILLS

Roscoe Parrish, WR

Reports say this guy has been lighting it up in training camp.

Everyone knows the Bills spent a lot of money on the offensive line this year. But they don't realize that will help more than just Marshawn Lynch.

Give the Losman some time in the pocket and there is no way a team can cover Lee Evans and Parrish deep...waaaaay too much speed.

Parrish is probably going undrafted in 99 percent of drafts. I think he will be a solid #3.

BUFFALO BILLS

Roscoe Parrish, WR

Reports say this guy has been lighting it up in training camp.

Everyone knows the Bills spent a lot of money on the offensive line this year. But they don't realize that will help more than just Marshawn Lynch.

Give the Losman some time in the pocket and there is no way a team can cover Lee Evans and Parrish deep...waaaaay too much speed.

Parrish is probably going undrafted in 99 percent of drafts. I think he will be a solid #3.

Is he the #2 in Buffalo? He seems better suited to play the slot. I think he has gambreaking speed, but if he is the Bills #3, I can see a couple of nice games sprinkled throughout the season but I don't see any consistency.

Carolina Panthers - Deshaun Foster ADP rnd 8-9 :mad: 'er

been saying it most of the offseason as people have been taking DWil as high as the 3rd... Foster is still the starter, and once the OL starting 5 is finalized, he'll be putting up solid numbers in the new zone-blocking system that actually plays to both his and DWil's skillsets...

Also, watch for TE - Jeff King. Yes, i said it. A TE from CAR... didn't remember they had a TE, did you?? Not since the days of Wesley Walls at least... Do i think King will be top10 TE? No, not w/ all of the other top-tier TE talent out there this year. But i do think he'll be a solid fill-in for bye weeks and in case of injury...

Cleveland Browns-Braylon Edwards

1,200 yards/8 TDs

Feel free to laugh at me and my man-love for Braylon...

E-A-G-L-E-S

EAGLES

:overhead: Touchdown Reggie Brown :unsure: ..all day baby.

1200 yards 12 TD's-Probowl Year. :unsure:

I like Kevin Curtis to be the breakout guy on the Eagles for PPR leagues. Brown may get more TDs, but I think Curtis will be the recepts pig. I see a typical Eagles game giving Curtis 4-6 recepts, while Brown will get 2-4.

I like Kevin Curtis to be the breakout guy on the Eagles for PPR leagues. Brown may get more TDs, but I think Curtis will be the recepts ######. I see a typical Eagles game giving Curtis 4-6 recepts, while Brown will get 2-4.

Being from STL, and watching Curtis, that dude has ridiculous speed. I know that exceptional speed doesn't always translate to success, but I agree that Curtis has a chance to break out in Philly. Playing behind guys like Holt and Bruce shadowed Curtis' abilities.

Kansas City Chiefs - Team Defense

This team has a lot of playmakers that can cause turnovers (Hali, Allen, Edwards, DJ). We also saw a coverage sack last night, and a sack from the Tackle position which was kinda weird seeing. Ol' Tank Tyler came through for us, we need a guy like him or McBride to contribute immediately, like our early defensive picks have the last couple years.

Allen will be back in time for the home opener in week 3. With the loud arrowhead crowd, and hali and allen coming off the ends it could spell trouble for a lot of opposing QBs. We have quick athletic LBs that can catch the ball. Our safeties are young and punishing and our CBS are seasoned vets. This team is capable of providing a lot of turnover and getting quite a few sacks.

Is he the #2 in Buffalo? He seems better suited to play the slot. I think he has gambreaking speed, but if he is the Bills #3, I can see a couple of nice games sprinkled throughout the season but I don't see any consistency.

That would be my concern too.

From what I heard, he is probably going to be the #3 because Josh Reed/Peerless Price are better blockers for the running game.

But the Bills are consistently running 3-4 receiver sets in training camp.

I like Kevin Curtis to be the breakout guy on the Eagles for PPR leagues. Brown may get more TDs, but I think Curtis will be the recepts pig. I see a typical Eagles game giving Curtis 4-6 recepts, while Brown will get 2-4.

I like Curtis a lot this year based on his ADP. The only thing I worry about is him learning the system in Philly. It may take a little while. I heard that St. Louis and Philly have as big a difference in systems that you'll find.

JAMES JONES WR GB

CULLEN JENKINS DE GB ...not much fantasy value but still gonna be nasty

and on the flip side RB brandon jackson looks like he might be the worst running back in the history of the nfl. he seems to enjoy running into piles, not breaking arm tackles and being non agile.

this is easy...

DENVER BRONCOS

QB - Jay Cutler - He's what, between 15-20 in the QB rankings, usually closer to 20. I think he easily outperforms this and is top 10 by the end of the year.

RB - Travis Henry - he's what, 13-15 for RB's, and if he stays healthy, he very well could be top 5 by the end of the year.

Those 2 are slam focking dunks for outperforming their ADP

I like Kevin Curtis to be one of the worst FA signings of the year.

Lendale White is getting no love - - He's dropping real low in redrafts.

297/1250/9td :overhead:

i agree

and btw.....TITANS #1 :pointstosky: :headbanger: :pointstosky:

Rex Grossman will be a top 10 QB

Bernard Berrian will be a top 15 WR

Both guys are going to out-perform their ADP, especially Berrian if Olsen is out for the season. Did you see the picture of Berrian in this week's SI, what a freak of nature!

Just one?

Brett Favre...but not by a ton. Antsports has his current ADP as the 16th best QB and I would wager he would finish top 12 again this year.

same with Driver...ADP as the 16th WR out there and he will be around top 10 again this year.

Wow...I was right and wrong with Favre. Right that he is better than his ADP...but by alot more than I would have thought.

Missed on Driver. Did not expect Lee and Jennings to get all the redzone love. He is in the top 15 in yards...but just not scoring at all this year.

Carolina Panthers - Deshaun Foster ADP rnd 8-9 :dunno: 'er

been saying it most of the offseason as people have been taking DWil as high as the 3rd... Foster is still the starter, and once the OL starting 5 is finalized, he'll be putting up solid numbers in the new zone-blocking system that actually plays to both his and DWil's skillsets...

Also, watch for TE - Jeff King. Yes, i said it. A TE from CAR... didn't remember they had a TE, did you?? Not since the days of Wesley Walls at least... Do i think King will be top10 TE? No, not w/ all of the other top-tier TE talent out there this year. But i do think he'll be a solid fill-in for bye weeks and in case of injury...

i think i did pretty good w/ my predictions of these two being better than their ADP...

sure, you don't want either as a full-time starter, but both performed very well for their value.