Sign in to follow this  
CH42

Who was the 6th pick in your 12 team draft?

I've got the 6th pick in a 12 team league next week. It seems that there are the fixed 6 running backs that are going in a somewhat inconsistent order in every league (beyond LT and SJax), including LJ, Alexander, Gore, Addai, and possibly Westbrook. I'm trying to get perspective to see who may fall to #6 in the above group, so any info from your draft about who went 5,6 and 7 would be great.

Thanks!

I also pick 6th and feel the top 5 will be in some order: LT, S JAX, Gore, LJ, and Addai. Leaving Alexander, Westbrook, Parker and Bush as best options in PPR leagues. I'm going Westbrook unless one of the top 5 fall. Outside of Bush, Westy is in the best offense and should get a heavier workload over Bush. Injury history is a major concern but outside of the top 2, every RB has major questions this year. Pick 19 2nd rd is where I'm having trouble: middle of the road RB (T Jones, James, Benson, Jacobs) or top WR? Like to take C Johnson but what's left in the 3rd for RBS.

I've got the 6th pick in a 12 team league next week. It seems that there are the fixed 6 running backs that are going in a somewhat inconsistent order in every league (beyond LT and SJax), including LJ, Alexander, Gore, Addai, and possibly Westbrook. I'm trying to get perspective to see who may fall to #6 in the above group, so any info from your draft about who went 5,6 and 7 would be great.

Thanks!

Addai went 6th in our league (although, I would have taken him earlier than that).

My draft went like this:

1 LT

2 SJ

3 LJ

4 Gore

5 Rudi

6 SA

7 Addai

8 Willie Parker

9 Bush

10 Westbrook (me)

11 Henry (me)

Hope that helps.

I also pick 6th and feel the top 5 will be in some order: LT, S JAX, Gore, LJ, and Addai. Leaving Alexander, Westbrook, Parker and Bush as best options in PPR leagues. I'm going Westbrook unless one of the top 5 fall. Outside of Bush, Westy is in the best offense and should get a heavier workload over Bush. Injury history is a major concern but outside of the top 2, every RB has major questions this year. Pick 19 2nd rd is where I'm having trouble: middle of the road RB (T Jones, James, Benson, Jacobs) or top WR? Like to take C Johnson but what's left in the 3rd for RBS.

I'm at 5, but expect something similar. Hoping for Gore at 5, then probably CJ in round 2, unless an RB I like falls. In round 3, either best RB, or if a top 6 WR is still there, I may let my running game suffer a bit to get a CJ/Wayne duo at WR.

I've tried several mock drafts, and believe it or not, taking Palmer with my 2nd rd. pick drafting from the 6th position (12 teams) went like this:

Addai

Palmer

Fitzgerald

Cadillac

Andre Johnson

Bears D

Winslow Jr.

Brandon Jackson

Santonio Holmes

Delhomme

Vinatieri

Chris Brown

Chargers D

I took QB, Defense, and Kicker earlier than anyone ever should. But I thin this was my best mock draft! The only pick I really hate is Winslow.

I've tried several mock drafts, and believe it or not, taking Palmer with my 2nd rd. pick drafting from the 6th position (12 teams) went like this:

Addai

Palmer

Fitzgerald

Cadillac

Andre Johnson

Bears D

Winslow Jr.

Brandon Jackson

Santonio Holmes

Delhomme

Vinatieri

Chris Brown

Chargers D

I took QB, Defense, and Kicker earlier than anyone ever should. But I thin this was my best mock draft! The only pick I really hate is Winslow.

Your RBs are very questionable. I wouldn't be so happy with that draft.. Palmer @ 2.6 is probably a reach. There is alot of talent to be had in the 2nd round. You could have still drafted a top WR and then had alot better RB2 in the 3rd.

If you would have drafted Chad Johnson in the 2nd and Thomas Jones in the 3rd your team would have come out alot better. You could have possibly gotten Brees, Brady, or def Bulger in the 4th. If not you could have added another WR like J. Walker, Evans... You team would have been much more complete. IMO.

Your RBs are very questionable. I wouldn't be so happy with that draft.. Palmer @ 2.6 is probably a reach. There is alot of talent to be had in the 2nd round. You could have still drafted a top WR and then had alot better RB2 in the 3rd.

If you would have drafted Chad Johnson in the 2nd and Thomas Jones in the 3rd your team would have come out alot better. You could have possibly gotten Brees, Brady, or def Bulger in the 4th. If not you could have added another WR like J. Walker, Evans... You team would have been much more complete. IMO.

Have you seen the Bucs schedule? They have one of the easiest schedules against the run, and Cadillac has no Alstott to deal with anymore at goal line. Yes, he looked horrible last year. It's a risk. Addai will be huge, so will Palmer. Fitzgerald is as good as most of the top 10, Andre Johnson has big upside with Schaub in there. Bears Defense and Vinatieri are tops at their positions. If you had Chad Johnson last year, you would know he got all his points in a 3 week period. The rest of the time, he was less than average. Check it out yourself. Talk about reaching. I would take Housh at a better value after Chad. But, I'm only going for my fourth championship in a row, what do I know?

I would take Housh at a better value after Chad. But, I'm only going for my fourth championship in a row, what do I know?

Like everyone else on FFtoday.com! :shocking:

Have you seen the Bucs schedule? They have one of the easiest schedules against the run, and Cadillac has no Alstott to deal with anymore at goal line. Yes, he looked horrible last year. It's a risk. Addai will be huge, so will Palmer. Fitzgerald is as good as most of the top 10, Andre Johnson has big upside with Schaub in there. Bears Defense and Vinatieri are tops at their positions. If you had Chad Johnson last year, you would know he got all his points in a 3 week period. The rest of the time, he was less than average. Check it out yourself. Talk about reaching. I would take Housh at a better value after Chad. But, I'm only going for my fourth championship in a row, what do I know?

You mean all 3 of Allstott's TD vultures last season?

I, too, am drafting from the 6 spot in a twelve-teamer tomorrow. It's a no PPR, 6-point TD league. This thread pretty much confirms my belief that the best RB at 6 will be SA, but I'm sorely tempted to take Manning if he's there. What's really holding me back is that every mock I've run in which I take Manning at 1.06 leaves me scrambling for the rest of the draft.

I guess this is the long way of saying yes to SA.

I am drafting 6th in a 12 team PPR league later today. I expect to have SA or Addai fall to me. If Addai falls to me, I think I am going to go against the norm and take Bush. If SA falls to me, it is hard to pass up on a player with 20 TD potential, but I might still take Bush.

Guest Mikeock
I would take Housh at a better value after Chad. But, I'm only going for my fourth championship in a row, what do I know?

If youre so good,then why are you asking for advice ?!?!? Seeo me someone who has won "4 titles in a row" ,really doesnt need help or advice.. But,what do I know ?

In my primary 12 team redraft league, Addai wen t@ 1.06.

Addai went 6th in mine after:

LT

SJ

LJ

SA

Reggie Bush :headbanger:

I got Gore in 7th and was thrilled

If youre so good,then why are you asking for advice ?!?!? Seeo me someone who has won "4 titles in a row" ,really doesnt need help or advice.. But,what do I know ?

Do you see anywhere in that post where I am asking for advice? NOPE. Just saying how the mock went when I took QB second. So shut your hole.

Guest Mikeock

Addai

Palmer

Fitzgerald

Cadillac

Andre Johnson

Bears D

Winslow Jr.

Brandon Jackson

Santonio Holmes

Delhomme

Vinatieri

Chris Brown

Chargers D

This team BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWS !!! Your second RB is a pot of spaghetti sauce : Cadillac,Jackson and Chris Brown ?!?! Phweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew ..Im sure youre going to put a lot of fear into your opponents every week with that SCRAP!! Id love to see the RBS you passed on in the 2ND and 3RD rounds !!! I think we have an opening in our 12 teamer,we'd love to get a top-notch drafter like you in our league !!! Youll be lucky to win 4 games with that pot of crappola. Now go down to your local bar and order up a tall glass of SHUT THE F**K UP !!!

Guest Mikeock
But I thin this was my best mock draft! .

Asssphinctersayswhat??

Your best mock draft ?!?!?!?! Id like to see your WORST !!!

Warwar123 === Wayne Fontes

Guest Mikeock
I took QB, Defense, and Kicker earlier than anyone ever should.

Quoting Earthquake:

You BULLLLLLLLLSH*TTTTTIN!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Warwar123 === Rich Kotite

This is how our first round went:

Round 1

1. LaDainian Tomlinson

2. Steven Jackson

3. Shaun Alexander

4. Joseph Addai

5. Frank Gore

6. Peyton Manning

7. Larry Johnson

8. Drew Brees

9. Brian Westbrook

10. Chad Johnson

11. Reggie Bush

12. Torry Holt

It looks like Manning went 6th for what it's worth. Good luck :)

It seems from most of the feedback and research that I'll probably be looking at SA at #6 (a guy before me is really high on taking addai). We get .5 points per reception in this league, which also gets me thinking about Westbrook. Both players are injury risks, butt offer huge potential. I'm leaning towards SA based on potential and the fact that BW can't play a complete season (plus I'm a Giants fan and hate the F*****n eagles), but I wouldn't let that get in my way of taking one of their players. I've also though about Bush, but I'm not sold with the RBBC situation.

Anyone have any thought on why Westbrook would be a better pick than SA at 6?

Anyone have any thought on why Westbrook would be a better pick than SA at 6?

50 extra receptions? (but probably less TD's)

i'd go westy in a ppr. altho i think picks 3-9 (gore, LJ, addai, S.A, westy, bush, fwp) are all close in value in a ppr.

I live in Tampa Bay. Caddy is a joke. It's all about Michael Pittman. Caddy will be featured but Pittman is taking over for Alstott and will be used as a receiver a lot too. If you get credit for receptions in your lead, take a strong look at Pittman and steal him late. If you DON'T get credit for receptions, still take a strong look because he is going to get major run.

Brandon Jackson is going to be your RB2. I think you have a strong team. Holmes was a steal that late, too.

i just got home from my 12 man redraft, with the 6 pick i took SA and believe it or not i got peyton on the way back around, he was the first non RB taken. hth