Sign in to follow this  
waliguy

Chris Chambers

Gentlemen:

I had the first of two drafts last night. A very competative 12-team keeper league (3 players). Chris Chambers was still available at 6-12 and I couldn't pass him up. My receiving corps looks like this - Wayne, TJ Housch, Evans, Chambers, Matt Jones.

So on my team, Chambers is a match-up or bye week play.

Never-the-less, I have seen very little talk about Chambers this year overall on this board. Why is everyone remembering 2006 with Culpepper and Harrington? He has a better quarterback (Green). He's a bonafide #1 on that team. In 2003 he had his breakout year with 11 TDs. In 2005 he had 11 TDs as well. This is his 7th year in the league. And 10th in crank score.

Is it because Miami does not have a great offensive line?

Is it because Green is a hit away from another concussion? Or just an anemic offense?

What's going on with Chambers? Bounce back year, or bust?

What's going on with Chambers? Bounce back year, or bust?

We would have to have high expectations of him to consider him a bust.

I took him late in one of my free leagues this year as well.

I think he is hurt though! I could be thinking of someone else.. :doh: all I have been doing the last couple weeks is reading nothing but FF (and it's starting to get me dizzy!)...... :lol:

I loaded up on RBs early in my 10-teamer last weekend & got stuck w/ Chambers as my WR3. I'm not happy about it, but I got him the 9th round & it was good value at that point. I had him last year & he wasn't even startable. I'm praying for a rebound year, but have many doubts.

The Dolphins are just brutal, but he will have a lot of targets. If he can even catch half of them, thats about 65-70 grabs.

Also- I just read somewhere that he had x-rays done after the last preseason game for an indisclosed injury, still havent seen anything further.

I am still trying to forget that I took him last year. That said, if you look at his career he seems to do pretty good stat wise every other year. Still, he almost certainly won't be on any of my teams.

The dude had a pretty bad year last year, I don't think Trent Green can do anything about it as well.

throwing out all logical explanations here... but he seems to be an good player every odd year...

in 2003 and 2005 he had like 900 yds and 11 TDs each season...

2004 and 2006 he blew goats...

hmmm it's an odd year... maybe i'll actually draft him again

throwing out all logical explanations here... but he seems to be an good player every odd year...

in 2003 and 2005 he had like 900 yds and 11 TDs each season...

2004 and 2006 he blew goats...

Ya don't say. :)

This is just another one of those situations where people are avoiding him because they got burnt last year. The team atleast as good as, if not better, than last years team. Chambers put up great numbers the previous year (with Feeley of all people throwing the ball). People used a third rounder on him as WR1 last year and got burnt. Just like the people who aren't drafting SA before Gore and Addai, or drafting CJ ahead of Owens when Owens is clearly a better FF WR. I think it all goes back to that "screw me once, shame on you. screw me twice, shame on me" mentality.

Chambers is great value as a WR3 and will most likely be a good WR2 in 12 team leagues.

This is just another one of those situations where people are avoiding him because they got burnt last year. The team atleast as good as, if not better, than last years team. Chambers put up great numbers the previous year (with Feeley of all people throwing the ball). People used a third rounder on him as WR1 last year and got burnt. Just like the people who aren't drafting SA before Gore and Addai, or drafting CJ ahead of Owens when Owens is clearly a better FF WR. I think it all goes back to that "screw me once, shame on you. screw me twice, shame on me" mentality.

Chambers is great value as a WR3 and will most likely be a good WR2 in 12 team leagues.

:bandana:

He burnt me last year and most owners have that same tendency. However, this year I've taken him again as my WR3. Lets see what happens.

If I bumped into him I would beat Chris Chambers senseless with a Wes Welker wobblehead doll in front of his own grandmother and then take a dump in his mouth, I can only hope that dump will be as feculant as the excrement he smeared on my team last year.

This is just another one of those situations where people are avoiding him because they got burnt last year. :banana:

bye week fill in only, I don't think you can get any mileage out of him and start him every game.