Sign in to follow this  
PWFFL

Why the **** is Maroney Falling in Rankings?

I'm thinking of taking Maroney with my 6th overall pick because I think he's going to break out. I mean Dillion and Maroney had 20 TDs between them! Wouldnt you expect him having 12 TDs, even if they sub Maroney out once in awhile. Also between them two they got nearly 1600 yds and nearly 400 receiving yards and now he's the #1 guy in NE. Why the hell would he be falling the rankings? Didnt he look good his last preseason game? I sure thought he did. He's YDPC were better than Dillions and is better out of the backfield than Dillion, plus he's young! coming off of a very solid rookie seaon

Some please explain this to me

I'm thinking of taking Maroney with my 6th overall pick because I think he's going to break out. I mean Dillion and Maroney had 20 TDs between them! Wouldnt you expect him having 12 TDs, even if they sub Maroney out once. Also between them two they got 1600 yds and now he's the #1 guy in NE. Why the hell would he be falling the rankings? Didnt he look good his last preseason game? I sure thought he did. He's YDPC were better than Dillions and is better out of the backfield than Dillion, plus he's young! coming off of a very solid rookie seaon

Not sure where he might go in your league but since he is falling maybe you could pick someone else at 6 and still grab Maroney in the second. I am a bit out of touch with where Maroney is going in drafts though because he is being kept in my league. Something to consider if you are high on him and think he might fall back to you in the second.

Good luck,

Therook

I'm thinking of taking Maroney with my 6th overall pick because I think he's going to break out. I mean Dillion and Maroney had 20 TDs between them! Wouldnt you expect him having 12 TDs, even if they sub Maroney out once in awhile. Also between them two they got nearly 1600 yds and nearly 400 receiving yards and now he's the #1 guy in NE. Why the hell would he be falling the rankings? Didnt he look good his last preseason game? I sure thought he did. He's YDPC were better than Dillions and is better out of the backfield than Dillion, plus he's young! coming off of a very solid rookie seaon

Falling from where, he's still got an ADP of 1.12 ~ more importantly, can someone explain how the University of Minnesota failed to do anything with Maroney and Sweet Marion III in the same backfield? They're like a couple of Rastafarian dumptrucks, a whompin an' a whumpin everything in their path.

Rankings are rankings. If you like him that much, take him cause he won't be there in the second.

Guy in our league took Addai #3 overall behind only LT and Jackson. i think he will come out smelling like a rose before it is all said and done.

If you like a player take him and screw the rankings.

Addai at 3 is not that far of a reach and I don't think Maroney is that far of a reach, if any, at 6th overall. I'm just wondering why he is falling and why there's not more people high on him like I am? There's no way I would get him in the second round or even if I would flip flop picks in the first like 6th for 8th and pick up something because the guy behind me is high on him too. People around my area are high on him but out there in "internet fantasy world" people arent.

What I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing? Some conspiracy about Maroney that I'm not being told about. Is he going to get his touches limited to 15 a game? or he's going to be taken out for goal line opportunities? or is there an injury that I don't know of?

Addai at 3 is not that far of a reach and I don't think Maroney is that far of a reach, if any, at 6th overall. I'm just wondering why he is falling and why there's not more people high on him like I am? There's no way I would get him in the second round or even if I would flip flop picks in the first like 6th for 8th and pick up something because the guy behind me is high on him too. People around my area are high on him but out there in "internet fantasy world" people arent.

What I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing? Some conspiracy about Maroney that I'm not being told about. Is he going to get his touches limited to 15 a game? or he's going to be taken out for goal line opportunities? or is there an injury that I don't know of?

Another thing!

Why is Edgerrin James ahead of Maroney on this site. They scored the same amount of TD's last year and Maroney split carries with someone who took 200 carries from him. Not to mention James is pushing 30! I think these rankings are messed up on this site and need to provide an explanation when they do their cheatsheets.

Its because of his preseason injury, and the fact that he has never carried a load for an entire season, are the 2 reasons that most people have argued against on this site. I like him at 9-10.......... But what do i know i took Henry :lol: at #6.

Another thing!

Why is Edgerrin James ahead of Maroney on this site. They scored the same amount of TD's last year and Maroney split carries with someone who took 200 carries from him. Not to mention James is pushing 30! I think these rankings are messed up on this site and need to provide an explanation when they do their cheatsheets.

Dude, you got some serious man-love for LM or something? They are just preseason rankings.

I think part of his "slip" if you can even call a first rounder a slip is his injury history. I don't know much about his high school career, but he's never been healthy a full season during college and last year. He was splitting time with Dillon and got banged up.

He has as much upside as some of the guys drafted ahead of him, but your first rounder should be a can't miss stud that you will build your team around. Some people might be scared off by the injury history, or the fact that he has yet to carry the full load at the NFL level. I could see someone passing on him for Rudi Johnson in standard leagues. With Rudi you know what you're gonna get. That hasn't been established with Maroney yet.

That being said, I love Maroney this year and think he's one of the bright spots if you get a later first round pick

I don't understand why he gets drafted in the late first or early second round. I've got him ranked after Brandon Jacobs and wouldn't touch Maroney until the 3rd or 4th round.

One reason may be that Belichek is the new Shanahan. He's already been stingy with wideouts for years, and Kevin Faulk will get his touches. The only sure-fire fantasy option out of NE is Brady and their D. Sure, Dillon is gone, but Belichek was never one to run someone until their wheels fall off...

just my $.02

I don't understand why he gets drafted in the late first or early second round. I've got him ranked after Brandon Jacobs and wouldn't touch Maroney until the 3rd or 4th round.

LIAR! I'm guessing you play with owners who also frequent this site. Nice smokescreen. :music_guitarred:

First off, your crazy for thinking Brandon Jacobs is going to do better than Maroney. Considering if both are healthy, you have a team where they are going to be almost guaranty in playoff contention if not AFC champship compared to a team where they'll be lucky if they don't finish in last place of their division. So in otherwords, Giants are going to be playing from behind a lot while the Pats are goign to be playing ahead leaving Maroney with 25+ carries a game. But to be fair I actaully do like Jacobs and I think he'll be decent but come on man! ahead of Maroney

I think part of his "slip" if you can even call a first rounder a slip is his injury history. I don't know much about his high school career, but he's never been healthy a full season during college and last year. He was splitting time with Dillon and got banged up.

He has as much upside as some of the guys drafted ahead of him, but your first rounder should be a can't miss stud that you will build your team around. Some people might be scared off by the injury history, or the fact that he has yet to carry the full load at the NFL level. I could see someone passing on him for Rudi Johnson in standard leagues. With Rudi you know what you're gonna get. That hasn't been established with Maroney yet.

That being said, I love Maroney this year and think he's one of the bright spots if you get a later first round pick

Good point! and it should be a can't miss pick. I was thinking Alexander but he looks older than what he plays at and I think he's best years are behind him. I was also thinking Bush because of the saints schedule is so incredibly easy plus he's a big part of that offense

One reason may be that Belichek is the new Shanahan. He's already been stingy with wideouts for years, and Kevin Faulk will get his touches. The only sure-fire fantasy option out of NE is Brady and their D. Sure, Dillon is gone, but Belichek was never one to run someone until their wheels fall off...

just my $.02

Good point as well

But! if you look at Dillions stats from 2004, granted they were from 2004, they sure do seem like Belicheck runs his backs pretty hard. 345 touches! along with 15 catches= 360 times and thats in 15 games!

YEAR TEAM G ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LOST

2004 NWE 15 345 1635 4.7 44 12 81 4 3

I'm lukewarm on Maroney, but I can think of a few reasons he may be "falling" (although I haven't really seen that):

1. Injury history

2. The way the offense spreads it around and all the new weapons in NE

3. The fact Maroney flat out said he's not the featured back and that he'll be sharing carries (I'll look for the actual quote, but he said it)

Belichek does what it takes to win. If it's running the ball all game, he'll do it. If it's passing 50 times in a game, he'll do it. I would be careful about pinpointing what he likes or doesn't like to do.

I wouldn't wait that long, but I surely wouldn't take him in the first or early second. There's too many "sure things" you'd be passing up. Maroney is far from a proven fantasy stud.

Boy, all this talk of Maroney in the 1st round is getting me pumped up! I'm in a 12 man keeper league(kept SA) and Maroney fell to me in 2.05. I was stoked, but agree that ANY player on the Pat's team requires CONSTANT updates an hour before gametime. Maybe that's another reason he's dropped.