Sign in to follow this  
Poloc2289

14 man Draft? Ugh...How's My Team?

Alright I gotta say I was ill-prepared for this draft because I didn't know the settings were an unusual 3 WR STILL WITH a flex position. So that makes WR's very important...poop. Well I tried to draft the best available people so...

QB - Matt Hasselbeck, Rex Grossman

RB - Travis Henry, Brandon Jacobs, Chester Taylor, Brian Leonard, Jesse Chatman

WR - Javon Walker, Donald Driver, Bernard Berrian, Michael Jenkins, Ted Ginn Jr.

TE - Randy McMichael

K - Matt Stover

DEF - Jacksonville

Compared to the other teams I think I did pretty well. It would've helped if I knew the set-up though which if you don't understand is...

QB

RB

RB

WR

WR

WR

TE

W/R

K

DEF

So let me know what you guys think and I'll answer yours if you're having a problem

Alright I gotta say I was ill-prepared for this draft because I didn't know the settings were an unusual 3 WR STILL WITH a flex position. So that makes WR's very important...poop. Well I tried to draft the best available people so...

WR - Javon Walker, Donald Driver, Bernard Berrian, Michael Jenkins, Ted Ginn Jr.

TE - Randy McMichael

K - Matt Stover

DEF - Jacksonville

Compared to the other teams I think I did pretty well. It would've helped if I knew the set-up though which if you don't understand is...

QB

RB

RB

WR

WR

WR

TE

W/R

K

DEF

So let me know what you guys think and I'll answer yours if you're having a problem

You did pretty good for a 14 team

I do not feel you are that weak at WR either. You are solid with Walker and Driver and I feel Berrian and Ginn will be solid this year as well. I would look on the waiver wire to see if you could upgrade over McMichael at TE though.

Please see mine

For 14 teams, I like it a lot. Should be a solid contender if your starters stay healthy. Not a lot of depth though.

im too lazy to answer

That's disrespectful man. I answered yours, at least have the decency to answer mine. You don't even need to do it right now. Nobody's rushing you but for everyone's sake, show some courtesy

i would try to get another starter for rb3/flex, cuz i don't know about chester. i like your wrs... but i think you might live or die by your qbs.

just did 14 team 100$ auction last night...dont have team posted yet, but will soon.

TE - Randy McMichael

K - Matt Stover

DEF - Jacksonville

QB

RB

RB

WR

WR

WR

TE

W/R

K

DEF

I thing Rex will outperform Matt Hass this year - D Driver is a workhorse and I'm expecting Brandon "The Beast" to run for 1200+ and 15Tds. T Hen is a given. With the WR flex, you may want to shore that up a bit. I just don't know what you'd want to trade.

I agree with the comments about upgrading the backups (Leonard, Chatman, Ginn Jr, Jenkins)

Lot of other backups with more upside. If you get IKRTD or IPRTD then check out wr Jacoby Jones. Warrick Dunn was still available in one of my leagues... look around the WW and see what you can dig up.

Your startes should be ok.

my link

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=283409

you need to get lucky on the waiver wire with a depth guy, just in case you have an injury....but for a 14-team league, i'd say you have a fighting chance...

I like this team - especially for a 14 man draft. Your wide receivers look really good. Berrian has tons of potential and should be a solid #3 for you. Thanks for your help.

TE - Randy McMichael

K - Matt Stover

DEF - Jacksonville

QB

RB

RB

WR

WR

WR

TE

W/R

K

DEF

I think you did very well for a 14 man league, especially one with so many starting spots. As others have said, you're depth is a bit week and Chester is a huge question mark. I personally love your starting WR's and I think Berrian will have close to an all pro year. A double hook up between he and Grossman could be a killer for ya if your in to that sort of thing. TE is a question mark, but you never know about McMichael. He will probably get beat most weeks. But he's an exciting playmaker so it might be ok.

Check out mine please

I think your team looks great for a 14 teamer! WRs are very important though.

Go see if Jacoby Jones WR, HOU is on the waivers and if he is I would drop Ginn for him right away! Then look me up and thank me later!

TE - Randy McMichael

K - Matt Stover

DEF - Jacksonville

QB

RB

RB

WR

WR

WR

TE

W/R

K

DEF

Don't be so hard on yourself you did fine for 14 team league. I am worried about your backups and TE. I agree with the other poster drop a WR and grab Jones if available, though I might drop Jenkins, not a fan of his and I think Gin has upside.

Not a lot more I can add, because I agree that you did well for a 14-team league. You could use a better TE, but you can't afford to trade for one and I doubt there's anything better FA-wise.

Well who's the better TE...Randy McMichael, Daniel Graham, or Bo Scaife?

Actually I like Scaife of those choices. Stl has always said they were going to more TE last year and this but they still have nice WR and Jackson. Scaife played with Young in college, work well together, I would grab him and let someone else worry about McMichael and if they don't pick him up, keep an eye on him.

TE - Randy McMichael

K - Matt Stover

DEF - Jacksonville

QB

RB

RB

WR

WR

WR

TE

W/R

K

DEF

So let me know what you guys think and I'll answer yours if you're having a problemer should make a decent flex guys, so i wouldn't worry too much. Always keep an eye on the WW b/c there are always a hndfull of WRs that pop up out of nowhere to contribute (a la Colston, Jennings, Berrian of 2006).

Very good for a 14 man. Chest

TE - Randy McMichael

K - Matt Stover

DEF - Jacksonville

QB

RB

RB

WR

WR

WR

TE

W/R

K

DEF

That's a pretty good team. I'm not a big fan of Grossman, not sure what other QBs are available. I would try to see if Jacoby or James Jones is available and drop Jenkins.

14 teams, so backups are going to be thin. I think your team will stack up fine, better than average. Some darkhorse WR I liked are Demitrius (sp?) Williams from Baltimore and James Jones from Green Bay who is bouncing Jennings from teh #2 spot.