Sign in to follow this  
Bouve

***Official Week #1 NFL Football Gambling Thread***

For the night game:

Dallas -6.5 for 2 Units - I think they remember the sting from losing at home last year to the Giants. That's the game Tony Romo assumed the QB position. I hope the team has a chip on their shoulder from that loss and Romo has a chip on his shoulder from his blunder in the playoffs.

Staying away from the total because of the low scoring today, but if I had to take a side I'd say the over will hit. I think the Dallas secondary is weak with our without Newman, but the Giants defense is not that great either.

Good luck, everyone...

Ok, going against the conventional wisdom of this board and gonna put a small play on the ML tonight.

Giants +230 (ML) (1Unit to win 2.3)

I think the Giants are going to have a better team than everyone is giving them credit for, and I believe we all will see this tonight against those hated Cowboys. Jacobs might be the real deal, and I see both teams putting up some points, so the over might not be bad either. If the ML bet doesnt work out, I'll hedge later, so we'll see.

Ok, going against the conventional wisdom of this board and gonna put a small play on the ML tonight.

I think the Giants are going to have a better team than everyone is giving them credit for, and I believe we all will see this tonight against those hated Cowboys. Jacobs might be the real deal, and I see both teams putting up some points, so the over might not be bad either. If the ML bet doesnt work out, I'll hedge later, so we'll see.

I like your bet. But I think I'll use the wait and see approach here. I'm just not sure with Tiki Barber out. Jacobs and other backs need to pick up the slack. I think Eli has a good game here. He really needs to.

Despite recent history when these two meet in big D, im playing the over here...

TD G-men! Sweet.

Newmans out, helps the GMen. Wade Phillips is in, Dallas should play more relaxed...well see

Will probably play in game lines as well

Good Luck!!

I took the G-Men on the ML too (at +240). Worried that missed PAT will come back to haunt us.

Good luck to all!

:pointstosky:

Jets

NO and over

Oakland/det under

ATL and under

Phili

All of your 5 picks lost. You went 0-5 !! Oak & under was the worst pick. Both team had bad defenses.

Hopefully you didn't bet any huge amounts of money. Can I have your next week picks so I can bet the opposite.

Despite recent history when these two meet in big D, im playing the over here...

TD G-men! Sweet.

Newmans out, helps the GMen. Wade Phillips is in, Dallas should play more relaxed...well see

Will probably play in game lines as well

Good Luck!!

Played Dallas to win straight up -220 in game as well

Good Luck!!

All of your 5 picks lost. You went 0-5 !! Oak & under was the worst pick. Both team had bad defenses.

Hopefully you didn't bet any huge amounts of money. Can I have your next week picks so I can bet the opposite.

Dude, what the fvck? There's no need to rip on anybody's picks here. Anyone can have a bad day. There's no place for that crap here.

Played Dallas to win straight up -220 in game as well

Good Luck!!

Tried to get on the site for the last hour but the FF Today hamsters kept croaking. Ah, this site during football season! :pointstosky:

Grabbed the 2nd half over (23) for a nice amount. Didn't think these two teams were going to slow down and it hit early in the 4th. Now, I'm hoping for the miracle NYG comeback so they can steal this game.

Grabbed the 2nd half over (23) for a nice amount.

:thumbsdown: Turning into another huge weekend here! Never gets old :D

Dude, what the fvck? There's no need to rip on anybody's picks here. Anyone can have a bad day. There's no place for that crap here.

Agreed. You beat me to it. Nice job.

:thumbsdown: Turning into another huge weekend here! Never gets old :D

I actually took a big hit in the late games yesterday (1-4; if the Texas game stayed low scoring as it was for 4 quarters, my reverse parlay* would have gotten me all my money back). That's why those two parlays (still can't get over hitting those) were so huge. Hitting all THREE 2nd half plays ain't half bad either.

If the Giants end up winning this thing, it's going to go from a near-disaster to a monstrous weekend! But even without it, I'm in good shape after a skid the last few weeks!

TD GIANTS!!!

*--Like I do every season, when I take a bunch of games, I put the opposite plays into a multi-team parlay for a small amount. That way, I'm protected from an "0-for" day. Of course, the downside is you take the biggest hit when you go 1-4, which I did.

NFL: 0-0

Indy -6 1 unit to win 1.03 units WINNER

Indy/New Orleans under 53 1 unit .926 units WINNER

Indy -3.5 2nd half 1 unit to win 1.1 units WINNER

Dolphins ML 1 unit to win 1.47 units LOSE

Denver -3 1 unit to win .884 units LOSE

Pittsburgh -4.5 1 unit to win .99 units WINNER

St Louis -1 1 unit to win .962 units LOSE

Philadelphia -3 1 unit to to win .878 units LOSE

Giants +6.5 1 unit to win .962 units LOSE

Giants ML 1 unit to win 2.43 units LOSE

Detroit +3 2nd half 2 units to win 1.538 units WINNER

Seattle -3 2nd half 1 unit to win 1.11 units WINNER

Final Total: 6-6 +.694 units

Be back tomorrow with a pick for the Monday night games.

I'm in good shape after a skid the last few weeks!

Beauty :pointstosky:

11-3 on the weekend including College Ball, probably will play one of the two NFL games tomorrow night as well. My Niners are on Monday Night Football, feels like the 20th century again :angry:

Good Luck!!

Beauty :pointstosky:

11-3 on the weekend including College Ball, probably will play one of the two NFL games tomorrow night as well. My Niners are on Monday Night Football, feels like the 20th century again :angry:

Good Luck!!

Thanks for the support and the great plays as always.

Let me know what you've got on tap for tomorrow. I'll let you know if I see a desirable prop.

Who does everyone like in tonight's game? I think Dallas wins by 10.

Wow, I wish I would have had more luck in Vegas last week like the post above. What a great game. Not a bad way to start off the NFL season gambling wise either.

YTD:

8-4 +4.94 Units

Be back tomorrow. Hopefully we can have another good day.

:unsure:

Thanks for the support and the great plays as always.

Let me know what you've got on tap for tomorrow. I'll let you know if I see a desirable prop.

:thumbsup: Always brother. I love football season, pisses me off it takes forever and six months to get here

8-4 +4.94 Units

Be back tomorrow. Hopefully we can have another good day.

:doublethumbsup:

:thumbsup: Try and hit it again tomorrow

Anyone have some thoughts on the games tonight? I'm leaning towards Cincy in the first game, but have not completely decided to take them. These are two pretty tough games to pick.

yep 0-5 go against me the entire season and see how u end up.

We all go through those weeks, dude. That's why it's gambling. I know I'll struggle some as well.

yep 0-5 go against me the entire season and see how u end up.

He had no place going at you like that. This isn't one of those places. Good luck in the future buddy. :music_guitarred:

Anyone have some thoughts on the games tonight? I'm leaning towards Cincy in the first game, but have not completely decided to take them. These are two pretty tough games to pick.

Taking an early look im leaning towards Baltimore. Cinci has trouble with physical defenses and they lost Eric Steinbach in the offseason which might show as a big problem tonight, they also start a new center. Their D is lousy, 30th in the NFL last year and McNair knows how to win. Im liking the fact Balt gets +3 but I wont make a decision until a bit later. Cinci also ended last season losing 3 straight and I dont believe they won a preseason game, I avoid cold teams.

Niner homer here so theres no way I can take the Cards. Both teams should move the ball well and both meetings went over last year. I know its week one, but they met in week one last year and had a 27-34 game. More experience at the QB position, Niners offense much stronger than last year and Smith is looking light years better as time continues. Im 100% sure I will be playing the over on this one.

Good Luck!!

Taking an early look im leaning towards Baltimore. Cinci has trouble with physical defenses and they lost Eric Steinbach in the offseason which might show as a big problem tonight, they also start a new center. Their D is lousy, 30th in the NFL last year and McNair knows how to win. Im liking the fact Balt gets +3 but I wont make a decision until a bit later. Cinci also ended last season losing 3 straight and I dont believe they won a preseason game, I avoid cold teams.

Niner homer here so theres no way I can take the Cards. Both teams should move the ball well and both meetings went over last year. I know its week one, but they met in week one last year and had a 27-34 game. More experience at the QB position, Niners offense much stronger than last year and Smith is looking light years better as time continues. Im 100% sure I will be playing the over on this one.

Good Luck!!

Good comments. I'm still doing a little digging and wasn't completely sold on Cincy. I'll see after I look at a bunch of info. I was somewhat leaning towards the Niners as well, but I don't know how healthy Gore is. I think it could be a high scoring game, but most of the games this weekend have been of the low scoring variety.

Good Luck!!

Great stuff as always. Was leaning towards over in the late game; your endorsement cinches it so I'll be going big on that one. What stinks is I'm on the East Coast, so unless I want to give up sleep, I won't see the result until tomorrow morning. Guess I'll just have to hope it cashes by the early 3rd quarter! :dunno:

Some props I'm looking for, but haven't found on my current book yet:

-Willis McGahee Over 85.5 yards rushing

-Carson Palmer Over 236.5 yards passing

May have to do a quick Bodog deposit to get in on these plays.

Good luck tonight one and all!

:thumbsup:

2007 NFL 3-2 up .65 units

1 unit each

San Fran -3

Ari/SFO - over 46

McGahee over 86 1/2 yards

good luck everyone.

Was leaning towards over in the late game; your endorsement cinches it so I'll be going big on that one.

Before you lay the farm, keep in mind the Niners got Nate Clemens in the offseason to pair with Michael Lewis, two excellent corners. The only reason I dont put too much into that is if its the Colts or Cardinal receivers are who were talking about, and the Defense isnt the Baltimore Ravens or Chicago Bears, I will still look for big plays from them.

Just a heads up for you. Im playing the over because Leinarts a winner and the Cardinals O is gold. I do think my Niners will get the W though, something like a 27-24 game......hopefully :(

Good Luck!!

-Willis McGahee Over 85.5 yards rushing

I like that one, might have to throw a little somethin :(

Before you lay the farm, keep in mind the Niners got Nate Clemens in the offseason to pair with Michael Lewis, two excellent corners. The only reason I dont put too much into that is if its the Colts or Cardinal receivers are who were talking about, and the Defense isnt the Baltimore Ravens or Chicago Bears, I will still look for big plays from them.

Just a heads up for you. Im playing the over because Leinarts a winner and the Cardinals O is gold. I do think my Niners will get the W though, something like a 27-24 game......hopefully :(

Good Luck!!

Wouldn't be "the farm" on this one (learned my lesson about "all in" from preseason play). Probably a 1.5 or 2 unit play at the most.

Since I am a sick degenerate and can't watch a game without gambling on it, here are my picks for the early game tonight. Depending on how I do, I may add the late game.

NFL: 6-6 +.694 units

Baltimore +2.5 1 unit to win 1.03 units

Baltimore ML 1 unit to win 1.26 units

:thumbsdown:

My favorites:

Kansas City vs Houston -3 LOSS

Carolina vs St Louis -1 LOSS

Philadelphia -3 vs Green Bay LOSS

I was shocked to see Houston is actually favored by a field goal. IMO, they could come damn close to 0-16 this year under Schuab and the "dead money" Texans. Gimme Huard, LJ and 3 points all day long!

St Louis is only laying 1 point!?!? Why? They've got one of the best offenses in the league AND they're at home AND they're playing lowly Carolina. 1 point seems like a steal.

Finally, I would have expected Philly -7 or so. Only laying a field goal and you get a healthy McNabb and company?!?! Nice.

This will be my last NFL predictions of the year. I suck!!!! :thumbsdown:

Here's what I'm going with tonight.

Baltimore +2.5 1 Unit

49ers/Cards over 46.5 1 Unit

Might take the Nines laying the points depending on how the first game goes.

Good luck, all.

Good Luck!!

Took the +3 with Baltimore, hoping they win outright so the +3 never needs to come into play. Really want to take my Niners but I think ill stay on the over since I love offense.

Good Luck!!

Overall NFL YTD: 1-4; -2.5 units

Subset: NFL 2 unit plays or higher: 1-1; +.8 units

Monday

Baltimore (+3)@-125 for 2 units LOSER

Adding: Arizona (+3.5) for 1 unit WINNER

Good luck to all.

My card for tonight:

Baltimore (+3) @ -125 for 1 unit Loser

I also like Baltimore tonight for many of the same reasons stated above. Let's do this. :rolleyes:

I will be adding more.

Added:

Arizona TT over 10 2nd half @ (-145) for .6 units Loser

I see this post every football season, but I never get the chance to post in it. I'm going to start adding my $.02 to it. So far this year, I'm 2-0 for +4 units (2 teases, Colts/Steelers, Colts/Seahawks). My thoughts for tonight are:

I'm going with Cincinnati -3 for 1 unit. I think the Bengals are too good a team for Baltimore and they'll win by a TD at home.

Also, I really like the S.F/Arizona over (like everyone else apparantly), and I'm laying at least 1 unit on it; maybe 2.

Good luck all.

4 wins, 3 losses yesterday....

tonight I like....

Baltimore +3

Arizona +4

Over 46.5 in AZ/SF game

Good Luck to all

Tough games tonight for sure......

For some reason I like the over 40 balt/cincy......They both have improved offenses. Cin will get theirs and Balt is going up against a soft D.