Sign in to follow this  
enjoi525

Which RB to drop

I have to drop a player on my team to make room for a kicker because as of right now, I don't have one. I have plenty of RBs and can only start 2 each week. I can also start 3 WRs. I'm leaning between Betts and Norwood. Both look to be RBBC and that's why I'm torn. SO, who do I drop???

---------I'm now beginning to think I'll drop Mark Clayton. Someone else in my league just recently dropped Chris Chamber to pick up a kicker also. There there still is some availability for WRs on the Waiver Wire. So should it be Clayton??? I know he had an ankle injury and just returned to practice a few weeks ago..

My team:

Bulger

Roethlisberger

SJax

SA

Benson

Caddy

Norwood

Betts

Marvin Harrison

Driver

Branch

Reggie Brown

Mark Clayton

Shockey

Tough call man. Both Betts and/or Norwood could turn out to be big this year. But out of your roster you have to drop one of those 2. See if you can package 2 of your RBs to get a better RB and thus opening up a roster spot!

Guest Mikeock
I have to drop a player on my team to make room for a kicker because as of right now, I don't have one. I have plenty of RBs and can only start 2 each week. I can also start 3 WRs. I'm leaning between Betts and Norwood. Both look to be RBBC and that's why I'm torn. SO, who do I drop???

My team:

Bulger

Roethlisberger

SJax

SA

Benson

Caddy

Norwood

Betts

Marvin Harrison

Driver

Branch

Reggie Brown

Mark Clayton

Shockey

Personally,

I would drop Rothelsberger.St louis doesnt have their bye week until week 9. A lot can happen in 9 weeks.Portis might get hurt and then you have a top 10 RB in Betts.Norwood might break out this year and then youll be kicking yourself for dropping him .Its a LOT easier to pick up a QB week 9 then it is to pick up a RB..Drop Rothelsberg.

Thanks

It doesn't look like you've got that many teams if you managed to pick SJAX and SA so I'd drop Big Ben. You'll definitely be able to pick up a 1 week filler for the St Louis bye week in a league that size. Besides, Mikeock is correct. All it takes is a groin pull to Portis or a hit to Dunn's back and you've got two very, very good backs.

Check out mine please.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=284247

Do not drop one of those RBs! Drop big ben, if anyone or go kickerless if you have to. Best option is doing a 2 for 1 trade, like someone previously mentioned.

Clayton....or Big Ben if you're allowed to carry 1 QB. Clayton probably won't make a significant contribution to your team. The Ravens will be a run-first grind the clock team. Steve McNair isn't getting younger.

If one of those backs should happen to break-out, you'll be fired up that you dropped one.

It would be easier to replace Clayton if you had to.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=284243

It doesn't look like you've got that many teams if you managed to pick SJAX and SA so I'd drop Big Ben. You'll definitely be able to pick up a 1 week filler for the St Louis bye week in a league that size. Besides, Mikeock is correct. All it takes is a groin pull to Portis or a hit to Dunn's back and you've got two very, very good backs.

Check out mine please.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=284247

I didn't actually draft either of those guys. This is a 10 team league though. I got SJAX in a trade for Travis Henry and Javon Walker (who were my guys). Then traded LJ and Julius Jones (who id also drafted) for SA, Caddy, and Driver.

----I'm now beginning to think I'll drop Mark Clayton. Someone else in my league just recently dropped Chris Chamber to pick up a kicker also. There there still is some availability for WRs on the Waiver Wire. So should it be Clayton??? I know he had an ankle injury and just returned to practice a few weeks ago..

I'm going to differ from everyone else a little bit and say that you should drop Norwood.. I just don't see Atlanta doing much of anything on offense this year, and with Dunn being ready for the start of the season, I dont see Jerious being too much of a fantasy impact this year, plus you have plenty of other depth there

please see mine

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=284283

I would say Clayton and if you dont want to drop a wr then Big Ben. Betts and Norwood could be huge, let me correct that betts will be huge once portis goes down.

I agree with what appears to be the concensus...Clayton or Big Ben. Betts and/or Norwood could be huge if Portis/Dunn get injured or just lose the job to them outright. If I had that roster, I'd definitely want to hold onto both of them, at least for a while, to see how things pan out.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=284347

I would say drop Big Ben as well. If Chambers and possibly Clayton (from you) could end up on the WW I am guessing that there are a few starting QBs on the WW as well. With Bulger you are set a QB except for his bye week. If any of those RB have a big year you are going to want to have them for either your lineup or another trade.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=284361

---------I'm now beginning to think I'll drop Mark Clayton. Someone else in my league just recently dropped Chris Chamber to pick up a kicker also. There there still is some availability for WRs on the Waiver Wire. So should it be Clayton??? I know he had an ankle injury and just returned to practice a few weeks ago..

My team:

Bulger

Roethlisberger

SJax

SA

Benson

Caddy

Norwood

Betts

Marvin Harrison

Driver

Branch

Reggie Brown

Mark Clayton

Shockey

Thanks for the input. I think that you have it right, one of those three need to go. Unfortunately, I dont see a clear cut choice, since they really could all come back to haunt you. Betts may be the most productive, but only if Portis goes down, and thats not a sure bet. Norwood could be a legit sleeper, well not really a sleeper, and net you some points. I have Clayton, but my league is 14 deep, so I need to keep him. ESPN's crew thinks he will break out so I'm not sure here either. If I were you I'd go Norwood, he is the least proven of the two RBs, and Clayton is the best WR in Balt. JMO. Good luck.

Personally,

I would drop Rothelsberger.St louis doesnt have their bye week until week 9. A lot can happen in 9 weeks.Portis might get hurt and then you have a top 10 RB in Betts.Norwood might break out this year and then youll be kicking yourself for dropping him .Its a LOT easier to pick up a QB week 9 then it is to pick up a RB..Drop Rothelsberg.

Thanks

Acreed. RBs are a premium and you managed to snag the mother load. You REALLY need to package a couple to upgrade or get someone to throw in a kicker. But with the games starting tomorrow, you may be too late. So I'd drop Clayton since he's the least prospective and there are many on your ww you can get to replace him at any time. Let me know what you do.