Sign in to follow this  
Texansfan

Trade LJ for Addai & Romo?

My team:

Big Ben, Garrard

LJ, Jacobs, Portis/Betts, A.Peterson (MIN)

SS, TJ, Henderson, Welker

I'm uncomfortable with my QB situation, and really not that high on LJ this year, BUT don't want to get hosed.. it is LJ.

So should I trade LJ for Addai & Romo?

Who is going to be facing more 8 and 9 man fronts? LJ and Damon Huard or Addai and Manning? Even though LJ is a stud and the focus of that offense, he's not going to have that great of a year when he's dodgin 9 guys almost every down.

Make the trade and enjoy the rest of your season!!

here's mine.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=284247

Who's going to be facing more 8 and 9 man fronts? LJ and Damon Huard or Addai and Manning? I think the answer's obvious. LJ is a stud but he's going to have a rough road to plow facing that many guys 2 out of every 3 downs.

Make the trade and laugh your way to the playoffs.

Here's mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=284247

Thanks

Guest Mikeock
My team:

Big Ben, Garrard

LJ, Jacobs, Portis/Betts, A.Peterson (MIN)

SS, TJ, Henderson, Welker

I'm uncomfortable with my QB situation, and really not that high on LJ this year, BUT don't want to get hosed.. it is LJ.

So should I trade LJ for Addai & Romo?

In a NY MINUTE !!!! That is a GREAT deal !!!

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=284251

You could use the QB help, but I would still hold on to LJ. Addai may start off better, but once LJ gets back into game shape he should be the more consistent option.

why do you say this? just curious

Okay. I see where Ben and Garrard are not great. but are Jacobs and Portis/Betts that bad as RB2's?

Arguably Addai's been going right around LJ in drafts, if not better, and LJ has some issues regarding how much he had to toat last year and holding out, O'Line changes, loss of his QB etc.

But, LJ (I admit I drafted him over Addai) is a proven guy who has shown he can carry a FF team (and an NFL one). Huard wasn't that bad last year either. And KC showed nothing in the preseason.

Addai? let's face it this is the first year he's asked to carry the load for anyone. At LSU he shared the load with 2-3 other backs. Last year he shared with Dom Rhodes.

Romo: maybe he's going to have a good season and he throws to Owens so maybe it's worth it for that reason alone as a free upgrade over Ben/Garrard; but I think teams are going to catch on to him (as they started to at the end of last year) and still does not make up for losing LJ.

Heck, maybe you're right but that's just my instinct.

Okay. I see where Ben and Garrard are not great. but are Jacobs and Portis/Betts that bad as RB2's?

Arguably Addai's been going right around LJ in drafts, if not better, and LJ has some issues regarding how much he had to toat last year and holding out, O'Line changes, loss of his QB etc.

But, LJ (I admit I drafted him over Addai) is a proven guy who has shown he can carry a FF team (and an NFL one). Huard wasn't that bad last year either. And KC showed nothing in the preseason.

Addai? let's face it this is the first year he's asked to carry the load for anyone. At LSU he shared the load with 2-3 other backs. Last year he shared with Dom Rhodes.

Romo: maybe he's going to have a good season and he throws to Owens so maybe it's worth it for that reason alone as a free upgrade over Ben/Garrard; but I think teams are going to catch on to him (as they started to at the end of last year) and still does not make up for losing LJ.

Heck, maybe you're right but that's just my instinct.

Yeah I know you see the LJ and you automatically think STUD. BUT I am just not high on him this year. I did not draft him either, we play in a restricted keeper league and I got to keep him for a 2nd round pick this year, so it was dumb if I didn't do that. But he is no longer keeper eligable.

Anyway, the holdout will come back to haunt him, Herm Edwards said he wants a "reduced role" for him and will carefully monitor his carries. The Chiefs just look dreadful and have a very difficult schedule this year. I just don't see where LJ is going to get near as many scoring opportunities this year. He may rack up decent yards, but he'll be lucky to get double digit TDs IMO.

Meanwhile Addai plays on arguably the best offense in football. He on the flipside of LJ may not get as many yards b/c of the Colts diverse offense, but will get MANY more scoring chances.

Bottom line is I think at the end of the year they put up similar fantasy points and I get a comfort with my QB situation.

That's the way I see it.